+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller 51 points or only half spec?

Rift Chaser

Default Stormcaller 51 points or only half spec?

51 points in SC gives you a semi crappy 51 point spell but it does boost your water dmg spells by 51% if you use stretch of cold. But it seems most of our dmg is electrical...So if you went 30 points in lock you would get 20% increase to that dmg and water. Since forked light and light field are used alot as is raging storm. Water is used to apply hypothermia mostly. Arctic blast does good dmg but on a 20 sec cool down now. What do you SC think? Or is there an even better spec Im missing? Like SC alot!

i usually make my storm builds about 31 points or 27 points depending on if im going single target or AoE... going beyond that you only gain % on an already crappy cloudburst, a useless rez, and some other useless skills

putting those points in warlock for the 20% damage boost is always a safe bet

Rift Chaser

I go 32 in SC for Static Discharge, gives a group some very nice burst on an elec/sheared target, pretty sure popping static flux before discharge gives it the 20% boost too which remains after deactivating flux
    Last edited by Breyer; 03-21-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
    I go 32 in SC for Static Discharge, gives a group some very nice burst on an elec/sheared target, pretty sure popping static flux before discharge gives it the 20% boost too which remains after deactivating flux
    It does.

Debuffs however need to stay active.

So pop trinkets, short term buffs, etc, then hit static discharge.
    Last edited by sarianne; 03-21-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I only go 31 in SC (30 in Lock, and 5 in Archmage).

Shadowlander

Yeah i looked in it alot since this is my group spec.
    For the most part it is needed to go 3? and then into the lock tree for all the buff that way

Default 33

I'm level 44, have 33 points in SC and I think that's all that will go into it (also Dom, Ele). For my remaining levels I think I'm going to funnel more points into Ele in an attempt to actually make my summon viable (going to get greater summons). If that doesn't work well, I'll have 8 or so points to do...something with. *shrug*

+ Reply to Thread