+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How are Warlock/Necro's in WFs?

Default How are Warlock/Necro's in WFs?

I'm a DoT kinda person, and was wondering how they are in WFs?
    I assume that they can't kill for shizz cuz of the heals countering your slowass DoTs.
    Hell, even the HoTs might even counter the DoTs, right?

tops the damage meters and is impossible to kill in 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post
    tops the damage meters and is impossible to kill in 1v1
    And doesn't kill anything that is even remotely being healed. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    And doesn't kill anything that is even remotely being healed. ;)
    i never have a problem killing things

I'm finding Warlock/Necro to be my favourite spec for PvP. We don't rely on being static to be 100% effective (a lot of instants and no Ground of Strength-type mechanics)

The survivability is superb.

Some people go Warlock/Chloro for the extra healing but you lose out on a fair bit of damage by doing that. Warlock/Chloro is great for solo and world PvP but in WFs, Warlock/Necro is infinitely better.

People say the burst is bad because our Void Bolts / Draining Bolts don't crit for much but when you consider we have 5 DoTs to apply pressure then Void Bolts to increase pressure - We can actually apply PVE-like DPS for about 12 seconds. Then just refresh everything and do it again.
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

If you can fully dot people up and then void bolt spam without them LoSing you or getting dispelled then you are playing against morons. Sorry.

And even then any healer will outheal that laughable damage. If you play against random pug withoout a healer, then yea, go on thinking you're great. :P
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-21-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Managing the pet is lame but other than that survivability is great and puts out damn good damage

If you can fully dot people up and then void bolt spam without them LoSing you or getting dispelled then you are playing against morons. Sorry.

And even then any healer will outheal that laughable damage. If you play against random pug withoout a healer, then yea, go on thinking you're great. :P
    Maybe it's a gear thing but I don't find people often out heal my DPS unless they or the healer pop cooldowns.

Regarding people LOSing. We have a snare, 2 fears and a stun. All of them on short-ish or no cooldown. I'm fairly opportunistic about killing. I won't usually go for the person standing near a wall they can hide behind. I'll burst down the guy who tunnels a caster or the healer who has to come into LOS to heal that over zealous GoS Pyromancer who refuses to move.

Dispelling is an issue though. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Warlocks to have a talent that reduces the chance for their debuffs to be dispelled. That's a real problem against people who know what they're doing.
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

I have most of my points in the necro soul. The zealot is a beast (compared to my dots and the pets of other classes ). Dots are mostly to up the damage of my pet.
    I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.

Let's assume you can apply the PvE type of dps, that's after almost 8 seconds of preparation. Your pve dps is what exactly? Because raid geared (not pvp geared) mages are doing 750-850 dps with necrolock and that includes the pet, which in pvp should (and against any competent people will) die in about 2 global cooldowns. But for the benefit of doubt let's assume it didn't. Now you're pushing 850 dps (let's give you the higher number) against someone who has 7k hp, that requires 8 seconds of NO healing at all for you to burn him. That gives 16 seconds total with NO healing at all. If he has passive healing then that number grows exponentially higher. If he recieves hots the number goes to infinity. And that doesn't even include direct healing.

Plane Touched

They're ok. You can basically do two things: (1) toss around a few dots here and there and finish people that are already close to dying off with Soul Purge (since it's impossible to break with range or line of sight); or (2) entertain yourself by racking up big and fancy numbers by spamming Grave Rot and Devouring Shadows on people who haven't yet learned to not stand in the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenz View Post
    I have most of my points in the necro soul. The zealot is a beast (compared to my dots and the pets of other classes ). Dots are mostly to up the damage of my pet.
    I'm sorry what level are you? Have you ever parsed the pet's damage? Zealot does 250 dps WHEN it's lucky and buffed. It also dies in 2 globals in pvp.

Shadowlander

I play as a Necro / Lock and beleive me I own in warfronts. If you are used to dots with the right setup you will do good. My record so far is 83 kills / 2 deaths when I was lvl 30. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix24 View Post
    I play as a Necro / Lock and beleive me I own in warfronts. If you are used to dots with the right setup you will do good. My record so far is 83 kills / 2 deaths when I was lvl 30. Good Luck
    "Y0U B3 Aw3z0m3 lvl 30 z3Rg /\/\ag3Z0r h3r03Z!!!111eleven!1"

That's what you wanted to hear?

Necro/Lock and Chloro/Lock are both solid for PVP....good survivabillity.

You're DPS will be badly lacking...you get a varieyt of CC skills you can use...but those CC skills are not nearly as effective as other classes like Warrior or Rogue....which cast faster and last longer than yours will, in general.

Both are vastly inferior to a full Pyro spec at level 50...which has the best survivability, DPS, and CC of any of the mage souls (Except Dominator for CC)...so long as they can park somewhere and don;t have to do a lot of moving around.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast