+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller for PvE Soloability

Default Stormcaller for PvE Soloability

Anything decent to go with Stormcaller, or is it just that much weaker for PvE solobility. Just started on an Mage.

Soulwalker

I have played a mage to lvl 41 using a stormcaller build, and I have had no trouble soloing.

Mix it with some lvl's in elementalist (lightning strike works great with stormcaller skills) you get a descent decoy + revitalize.

Add some warlock for further spellcrit + damage and reconstruct and you should be set to handle most PvE situations.

Prophet of Telara

There's no problem soloing. You get plenty of roots & snares.

Soulwalker

Stormcaller is indeed a quite insane PvE solo soul with the ability to pull 4+ mobs at the time without any fear of dying at higher levels. The soul doesn't really come to shine until about level 32 where you will start being able to do 4 mob pulls always. at around 44 the build is essentially finished and you are a nearly unkillable killing machine in aoe situations.
    Someone else posted their Archon/Stomcaller/chloromancer build with a youtube link here before, I cannot remember the name but I used a similar build judging by the skills I saw on his bars in the video and spent my last 6 levels mostly AoE farming in Stillmoor.
    Build at 32: 0/26/16
    Build at 44: 14/28/16

Prior to that I have no way of telling if the stormcaller is a good soloer or not since I was a Chloromancer leveling with a friend.

The way you perform the AoE grinidng with the build is quite easy start off by using Ice shear on 4 non caster/ranged mobs while making sure you're not getting the exposed debuff moving them into position, when they're all close enough use radiant spores so they're all hit by it, then proceed to used forked lightning->Lightning field->forked lightning->lightning field and so on until the mobs die.
    ALso make sure you have Lifegiving veil buffed and used instant bloom/flourish as needed when radiant spores isn't enough to keep you alive.

It's also worth noting that an epic chance to proc heal greater planar essence is a really sound investment for this. I used the fairly lowlevel 300 heal over 8 seconds one all the way to 50 if memory serves me right.

Rift Master

SC is terrible by itself.
    Its CC is awful. it has no defense passives or shields of note. It has no mana regen.

But when paired with one or two others it does quite well.

Dom gives squirrel. Squirrel and ragingstorm root lets you solo 99% of the elite mobs in the game outside dungeons/raids.
    Deeper for priest spell interrupt. lit blast ranged kb. and deaths edict stun, and mana wrech mana leech go a long way in competelying SC.

Elemental gives ice shield, and 10% damage mit. these two are HUGE in letting you aoe safely.
    As the other poster claimed you can aoe 4+ at a time with SC. not without ice shield, or chloro healing you can't. They will drop you in seconds. at best, make you drink after every pull leaving you at 10% every time.
    It also gives a pet at 0 points, which will also keep npcs off you for a while.
    Deeper gives mana return and crit damage.

Lock gives mana, and more damage.

If someone ganks you while pveing with SC. probably best to just stand there and let them get it over with faster. Sc is probably the worst pvp soul in the game. (Again, dom and elem can make it viable, by filling in the stun/silence/cc/defence holes)
    Last edited by sarianne; 03-21-2011 at 05:05 AM.

for the posters above me:

Quote Originally Posted by I am Judge View Post
    Just started on an Mage.
    no, don't level up on storm caller

go with necro/lock/chloro trust me
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-21-2011 at 05:21 AM.

thanks for the input. I like the idea of the support/control aspects as well for pvp instead of just solid pyro dmg.

Got a few idea's I may throw together here and there but I suppose that is one of the best things about this game.

Facerolling through stuff isn't just my idea of fun.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by I am Judge View Post

Facerolling through stuff isn't just my idea of fun.
    Maybe not, but seeing as how despite having a multitude of souls in this game, it's proving more and more a fact that few have real end game pve or pvp viability. Would roll my face on the keyboard rather than being stuck at 50 with nothing to do heh.
    Waiting on guild wars 2, would be nice to play my class and have fun, I'm tired of "rotating" every damn thing.

you have to be on top of your **** in order for you to be able to solo 4+ mobs as stormcaller.
    I can easily solo roughly 6+ mobs as necro/lock and have absolutely no problem, and if there is a problem. Feign Death. problem solved.
    Again, you have to be really good in order to solo anything more than 2 mobs as a stormcaller.

(btw doing it as a 49 SC subbed into Ele, but I only have the level 30 pets cuz I don't have the points to get to the beefed up pets.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coiffio View Post
    Maybe not, but seeing as how despite having a multitude of souls in this game, it's proving more and more a fact that few have real end game pve or pvp viability. Would roll my face on the keyboard rather than being stuck at 50 with nothing to do heh.
    Haha true true. I was so used to guildwars1 that I'm sure nothing is as facerolling as that game. I've been playing around with both nec/lock and storm/ele enjoying both thus far. I already have a 45 War, and 33 Cleric, mainly play just to play with different styles things of that sorts and will worry about endgame when my guild gets that far.

Soulwalker

Default Strong SC AoE Grind Build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...t0pcszo.xdhhzA

The above is a strong SC/Chloro AoE Grind build which Arch splashed to help chain pull.

Usually i use cloudburst to pull 3-6 mobs and stack them on top of each other. Make use of LoS if they are casters. First cast Radiant Spores, then cast Forked L. 3 times, followed by 1 or 2 lightning field. If all mobs are not dead Forked L. back up to 3 charges and Lightning Field again.

Keep an eye on your health and pop bloom and Flourish. For the most part Radiant Spores should keep you up but keep in mind that its a chance and some times your will have bad luck

I still use this build for daily quest and grinding for cloth and what not at 50.
    If you are not currently 50 i would take arch. talents last.

Happy Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Malinko View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...t0pcszo.xdhhzA

The above is a strong SC/Chloro AoE Grind build which Arch splashed to help chain pull.

Usually i use cloudburst to pull 3-6 mobs and stack them on top of each other. Make use of LoS if they are casters. First cast Radiant Spores, then cast Forked L. 3 times, followed by 1 or 2 lightning field. If all mobs are not dead Forked L. back up to 3 charges and Lightning Field again.

Keep an eye on your health and pop bloom and Flourish. For the most part Radiant Spores should keep you up but keep in mind that its a chance and some times your will have bad luck

I still use this build for daily quest and grinding for cloth and what not at 50.
    If you are not currently 50 i would take arch. talents last.

Happy Hunting
    I'm using something similar for now. Will probably use ele just for pet + revitalize untill I get higher level. Lower level and using forked+lightning field is heavy at low level on the energy pool.

+ Reply to Thread