+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I went into a wf without a lock or pyro build

Telaran

Default So I went into a wf without a lock or pyro build

It took about a minute for the other team to learn that I was a free kill, I went 0-5 pretty quickly getting killed in about 3 seconds, usually silenced from full to dead every time. It was so bad that one warrior on the other team would rambo through everything on my team to kill me then run back to his team and actually survived the trip both ways.

Mid way through the wf i respecced to my lock/necro/chloro build and didn't die again and could actually **** all the mofos that were targeting me from across the map. The difference in viability of some of our specs is ridiculous, not sure if other callings are literally this pigeon holed into such a small number of specs.

The spec I was using was sc/elementalist/dom

Shadowlander

Being forced into a certain spec or set of specs is actually one of the main arguments on these boards. It's not that our other souls are super broken imo, but we are just so fragile in other build or our other interesting souls like dom/archon are getting nerfed in hotfixes/patches that were forced to spec a certain way to have a fighting chance or have fun. Take the dom ability split personality for example. It sounds really cool on paper that you can spawn 3 copies of yourself but the person targetting you don't de-target meaning they can continue to damage you and it really only functions as a dps boost not the way you'd think it would function and the npc's spawned don't even shard a name with either all of which is pretty bs in my book, but hopefully Trion is still reading the forums and they take some of these things into consideration and in a few months to a month we can get a little bit more creative in our specs and still see some success on wfs/world pvp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsu View Post
    It took about a minute for the other team to learn that I was a free kill, I went 0-5 pretty quickly getting killed in about 3 seconds, usually silenced from full to dead every time. It was so bad that one warrior on the other team would rambo through everything on my team to kill me then run back to his team and actually survived the trip both ways.

Mid way through the wf i respecced to my lock/necro/chloro build and didn't die again and could actually **** all the mofos that were targeting me from across the map. The difference in viability of some of our specs is ridiculous, not sure if other callings are literally this pigeon holed into such a small number of specs.

The spec I was using was sc/elementalist/dom
    Recently, I have to say, mage is hard to survive without Archmage build...
    Conan
    Ashstone Guardian Mage

Soulwalker

I play a SC/Ele/Dom.

But for PvP I find the Ele to be useless, so in PvP I go SC/Dom/Archmage. But i'm only level 44 so I don't have prestige and can't level Archmage past 5.

Its tough, the job here is AoEs and CC because you don't have the single target dps that Pyro's have, so you have to play smart and do what you can before you die.

Even with 5 points in archmage its still difficult to put out the good damage, and if you do get found by a rogue or champion, you're basically toast. Best bet is to squirrel the champ and hope that they don't have 2 more bull rushing your face, and turn on your static barrier when the champ is about to pop back up so you can hope to stay alive.

Don't count on your knockbacks to keep back a champ, they are 80% of the time immune to it, baffles me as to why they even have it in the game except to keep you alive in PvE.

But to do any damage in places like Codex, I need to have the red buff on me just about the whole time, I go for it whenever I can get it because thats the only time my damage is going to be able to outdo a cleric's worst group HoT.

There is alot of cast time and channeling involved in the dps a SC puts out, so if the enemy team can keep you interrupted, you're useless.

Without commonly playing a SC and knowing when to turn on your Static Flux, and where to place your Hailstorm and Lightning Storm, and a firm case of map awareness, you won't be much help to your team, at least with Pyro you can easily focus somebody down.

Rift Disciple

Ive resigned myself to being a turrent.. We win and I get kills so its whatever.. But tge amount of cc flying is riddiculus.watching all the immune roll of me. Apparently though while in my bubble I am NOT immune to sleep.

+ Reply to Thread