+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro heals and resists

Default Chloro heals and resists

Let me start by saying I have healed in every MMO I've ever played.

Heals should never be missed because of a resist, especially not in a setting where it's your job to keep the group alive. It feels horrid to have it happen, and the fact that all of the direct healing a Chloro is capable of have cool-downs means that our "heals" need to be on par with the cleric heals out there(At least in terms of reliability).
    I understand Focus, and its effects. However, there is no gear with focus available at the lower to mid levels, and there is only 1 ability that I can think of that offers anything (and that's only for Water based damage). The best fix I can see for this is to add something similar to "cold weather training" to the Chloro tree; Maybe as a tack on to "Call of Spring".

Consider if all the Clerics suddenly had a chance for all of their heals to be resisted instead of just working.

Skill is one thing, getting RNG'd is another thing all together.

Shadowlander

Default Huh.

I never thought of this. Good observation.

Resist is not a problem in end game, the stat focus will nullify resists.
    I have currently 231 focus - i havent seen a resist in two weeks.

If you have problems earlier then end game with resists you should really consider not attacking a mob that is 3 or more levels higher then you.(Resists occure with greater chanse if the mob are 3 or more lvls above you) I had about zero resists until i tried my first t1 expert.

There are both negative and positive things about having to deal dmg to heal.
    We cant shine in all situations.

And a soul talent to fix this would only cripple us at higher level. I can't see what talent it should replace since it would be useless at endgame.

Prophet of Telara

I'm not sure that there has been a need for changes in this regard. So far, Chloros have been able to reliably solo heal all normal instances... without needing blues or purples. At end-game, it doesn't seem to have been a major problem either.

The Chloro is built around a system of healing, that is susceptible to resists. This is patently true. Cleric Healers have some advantages, which include not needing to have a hostile target to cast on at all, not having to deal with resists etc...

... but Chloros have advantages too, including never having to worry about mana magement, being able to full-on heal while also doing damage at the same time, having the only complete heal in the game, being able to heal far more people at once etc.

There are pros and cons on both sides. This is the very nature of diversity, surely?

X

Focus fixes this. Just get enough of it to make the issue go away.

+ Reply to Thread