+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Split personality - should lose target for pvp?

Plane Touched

Default Split personality - should lose target for pvp?

Would it make sense for split personality to cause people to lose target on the mage?

This could be a really awesome defense, as reacquiring the 'correct' personality in a pile of 4 identical toons can be tricky... but right now its really only a temporary dps boost, and its easy to tell which is which (from the name).

Thoughts?

Champion

It doesn't already?
    Well that sucks ***.

It should definately clear target.

Course the one shooting void bolt = dummy....
    Unless you got a void bolt...

Feign death doesn't make you lose target either =/ It would be nice for pvp if both abilities did, they are still useful in pve at least though.

Plane Touched

It seems such an obvious reason for this skill, that I can only imagine the devs tried it and changed their mind.

Here you have a really nice mindtrick - which one is the real mage? - and yet, for whatever reason it actually has no discernible impact on an opponent's fight, apart from a dot increase.

It can be fun in warfronts making a big mess, but overall it seems this skill is performing much below its great potential.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
    It seems such an obvious reason for this skill, that I can only imagine the devs tried it and changed their mind.

Here you have a really nice mindtrick - which one is the real mage? - and yet, for whatever reason it actually has no discernible impact on an opponent's fight, apart from a dot increase.
    It's really not even that hard to pick out, either, since A) the shadows all move together, even if you move separate (i.e. after they acquire a target), and B) they're all labeled as "Split Personality <Kintobor's Guardian>".
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Soulwalker

I agree It should force a loss of target.

Plane Touched

do any abilities in this game cause your agressor to lose target?

is it a functionality that exists elsewhere?

+ Reply to Thread