+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage vs mage

Plane Touched

Default Mage vs mage

What in your experience are the best souls for some mage on mage action?

I ask, because I am trying a dominator heavy, with some stormcaller, build - and was whipped silly at level 42 by a level 39 necro (in a duel).

Even the silence didn't seem to help much...

Now, I suppose the guy knew his stuff much better than I did (and was bunny hopping around like a madman) but he pulled me down so fat it was quite something.

Any top suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
    What in your experience are the best souls for some mage on mage action?

I ask, because I am trying a dominator heavy, with some stormcaller, build - and was whipped silly at level 42 by a level 39 necro (in a duel).

Even the silence didn't seem to help much...

Now, I suppose the guy knew his stuff much better than I did (and was bunny hopping around like a madman) but he pulled me down so fat it was quite something.

Any top suggestions?
    Lock his pet down, then work on him, your mana drains aren't going to be all too effective against him as he basically can just rip some mana from his pet's health, which might actually break his pet out of squirrel now that I think about it...

Basically, shutting down a necro is not an easy task for another caster, he has multiple ways of regaining his health and he has effectively unlimited mana, silence can only do so much, especially with his pet beating on you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noirvetica View Post
    Lock his pet down, then work on him, your mana drains aren't going to be all too effective against him as he basically can just rip some mana from his pet's health, which might actually break his pet out of squirrel now that I think about it...

Basically, shutting down a necro is not an easy task for another caster, he has multiple ways of regaining his health and he has effectively unlimited mana, silence can only do so much, especially with his pet beating on you.
    Yep.. this makes sense. I guess I didn't realise how much damage that pet was doing...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
    Did you not read the manual? Excessive jumping is a dmg boost and makes it harder to be hit!

Joking aside, at 46 as a necro/ lock i was ganked by 4 lvl22-24s while exploring their zone. That fight did not end will for me, yet all I could think of was an image of toy poodles nipping at the heels of a Labrador Retriever. I did get a laugh after they beat me down.

+ Reply to Thread