+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Bug Archon Build"

Shadowlander

Default "Bug Archon Build"

Hey,

I've been reading a lot of threads here, and i've noticed that ppl are mentioning something about a buggy archon spec that does ****loads of damage.

Can anyone please post a build for this spec and explain what the buggy part is, and what makes it so awesome. I'm all new to the archon soul, so a small guide how to master it would be cool.

Im kinda bored at my current Warlock build in PVP, dots ticking for 50 dmg etc..

Thanks for the replies.

//G

51 pt Archon
    5pt Necro
    11pt Pyro

Cast auras
    Cast debuffs
    Raise Pillaging Stone stack to 5
    Rock Slide to 6
    Cast Plague bolt
    500 dmg plague bolt + 350 BP damage + 350 BP damage
    Activate Power Drain +350 BP damage
    Cast Plague Bolt again
    Deactivate Power Drain
    repeat

Turn it on/off between casts to maximize DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Shadowlander

Do you mind show me the exact build in one of these fancy trees?
    Would be awesome, ty

Why of all things does it have to be Archon?

I mean, I'm happy that my favorite soul has something going for it, but if it's bugged and OP, Trion will nerf it, and they will likely overnerf it, because Archons are so amazing they must be stopped at all costs...

By using this spec, I think it will only cause detrimental effects in the future. But I still endorse it because I want EVERYONE to fear the mighty Archon. (just like Trion does.)

I think someone posted the real spec some pages back... start sifting through the forum?
    Wolfsbane: Korihargon (Archon/Necro/Dom) Ultravalefor (Paragon/Void Knight/Reaver)
    All hail the mighty ARCHON
    now with 100% more rainbows!
    on (legally enforced) break from groping foxelves

You have 51 points in Archon.
    5 points in Necromancer, between two talent choices, to figure out how to proc BP twice on a plague bolt.
    And then 11 points in Pyromancer to see what synergizes with your Archon skills, especially the Fire spells.

Figure it out.

@Shinkouhyou

It's a bug, Archons were so bad before that BP probably wasn't extensively tested in its 51-pt incarnation. Rest of the Mage specs are 'eh'.

Might as well salvage what you can, you know?
    Last edited by Furienify; 03-20-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Xia
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkouhyou View Post
    Why of all things does it have to be Archon?

I mean, I'm happy that my favorite soul has something going for it, but if it's bugged and OP, Trion will nerf it, and they will likely overnerf it, because Archons are so amazing they must be stopped at all costs...

By using this spec, I think it will only cause detrimental effects in the future. But I still endorse it because I want EVERYONE to fear the mighty Archon. (just like Trion does.)

I think someone posted the real spec some pages back... start sifting through the forum?
    Its not really a bug. Plague Bolt causes a debuff on the enemy, 2 debuffs if you talent it. Burning Purpose does fire damage whenever you debuff the enemy. 2 Debuffs = 2 Ticks of Burning Purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Xia View Post
    Its not really a bug. Plague Bolt causes a debuff on the enemy, 2 debuffs if you talent it. Burning Purpose does fire damage whenever you debuff the enemy. 2 Debuffs = 2 Ticks of Burning Purpose.
    Most of the "bug" thoughts come from power drain. a nonGCD using skill that triggers like that looks very...odd when used like this. Although the debuff takes just less than a second to even appear to do damage from what I can see. So its not like you can spam drain off and on and expect godly DPS
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-20-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Most of the "bug" thoughts come from power drain. a nonGCD using skill that triggers like that looks very...odd when used like this. Although the debuff takes just less than a second to even appear to do damage from what I can see. So its not like you can spam drain off and on and expect godly DPS
    What will most likely happen is that Power Drain will get a reuse / cd timer on it, like Entropic Veil does. Burning Purpose probably won't be changed, IMO.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsias View Post
    What will most likely happen is that Power Drain will get a reuse / cd timer on it, like Entropic Veil does. Burning Purpose probably won't be changed, IMO.

That would be the best solution, only a few seconds on the cooldown though, up to 5 at the most IMO. Enough to stop the exploiting of it.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I'm hoping Power Drain is changed rather than BP nerfed. Just using PD normally with BP + PB combo I reckon Archon DPS is about where it should be - it's still high single-target dmg compared with most other mage specs but in relation to other classes it's average at best.

If they do just nerf BP so Archons are only viable on 20-man raids (where you can afford pure support classes) then it doesn't fill me with much hope for the rest of the mage review

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fooba View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping Power Drain is changed rather than BP nerfed. Just using PD normally with BP + PB combo I reckon Archon DPS is about where it should be - it's still high single-target dmg compared with most other mage specs but in relation to other classes it's average at best.

If they do just nerf BP so Archons are only viable on 20-man raids (where you can afford pure support classes) then it doesn't fill me with much hope for the rest of the mage review
    Well... tbh, at this point of game, I don't really hold high grounds on some mage buffage anytime sooner, more likely incoming nerfs (GoS, PD, etc.)... But, you know, in line with other mage specs = still way weaker than other calling and not balanced...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Furienify View Post
    51 pt Archon
    5pt Necro
    11pt Pyro

Cast auras
    Cast debuffs
    Raise Pillaging Stone stack to 5
    Rock Slide to 6
    Cast Plague bolt
    500 dmg plague bolt + 350 BP damage + 350 BP damage
    Activate Power Drain +350 BP damage
    Cast Plague Bolt again
    Deactivate Power Drain
    repeat

Turn it on/off between casts to maximize DPS.
    Last I checked you only have 66 points, not 67. So do you take 1 pt out of pyro or 1 pt out of necro?

So Power Drain is going to be nerfed instead of Burning Purpose?

I do not support that at all... guys stop speaking nonsense! Power Drain is useful because it's a toggled state, you can at any time, without impacting the GCD, make yourself stronger and make someone else weaker. In other words it can be an incredible offensive AND defensive tool, applied to a wide variety of situations. A nerf to Power Drain nerfs a LOT of things, a nerf to Burning Purpose nerfs Burning Purpose.

A Power Drain on a warrior could be the difference between stundeath and escape. If Trion makes the ability unwieldy to keep people from toggling it for loldps with Burning Purpose, I will be severely disappointed with their shortsightedness.
    Wolfsbane: Korihargon (Archon/Necro/Dom) Ultravalefor (Paragon/Void Knight/Reaver)
    All hail the mighty ARCHON
    now with 100% more rainbows!
    on (legally enforced) break from groping foxelves

Shield of Telara

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Rfiqkrz.yz0z.L

I think something like that is the go. It will have less single target dps due to no ground of power, but you gain grave rot so you actually do a lot of AE dps as well. Also consumption is useful here and there so that's an added bonus.

Soulwalker

How high is the DPS on this build?

When people say "crazy dps" do they mean on par with rogues and warriors, or actual crazy dps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast