+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 51 chloro worth it?

Rift Disciple

Default 51 chloro worth it?

My current build is 32 chloro/34 warlock/0 dominator. I keep hearing that 51 chloro is the best build for expert instances, but I just don't understand why.

So let's look at what you get with 51 chloro build:
    Blight: Strips all HoTs from the enemy and reduces healing received by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Natural Splendor: 832 life damage over 8 seconds. 8 allies heal for 2097 over 8 seconds. 2 minute cooldown, consumes Charge while active.
    Void Life: Deals 658 life damage to 8 enemies over 8 seconds. 2 minute CD, consumes charge.
    2/2 Destructive Growth: Enemies caught in your Wild Growth take 10% increased damage.
    3/3 Raised in Nature: Increases your Endurance by 21% of your Intelligence.
    5/5 Call of Spring: Increases healing spells & effects by 15% (bugged!)
    3/3 Clinging Form: Increases the duration of your Transmogrify by 6 sec and removes the cooldown.

And what you get with 32 chloro/34 lock/0 dom:
    5/5 Vitality: Increases maximum HP by 10%.
    5/5 Potency: Increases the crit chance of your spells by 5%.
    1/3 Improved Dark Fury: Stuns the enemy for 1.5 sec. Instant cast, 30 sec CD.
    1/1 Shadow Life: Increases the caster's total max health by 50% for 20 seconds, and heals them for 50% of their new max health. Instant cast, 3 min CD.
    5/5 Dark Power: Increases your spell damage by 10%.
    5/5 Improved Warlock Armor: Increases the damage you deal by 10%.
    1/1 Neddra's Essence: Reduces incoming damage by 80% for 7 seconds. Instant cast, 3 min CD.
    Fear: Fears the enemy for 10 seconds. 1.5 sec cast, no CD.
    Wither: Reduces the enemy's movement speed by 70% for 15 seconds. 1.5 sec cast, 15 sec CD.
    Choke: 5 second silence. Instant cast, 40 sec CD.

I just don't get why anyone would give up +20% damage and all those survivability/CC skills from Warlock to get such a small boost from 51 chloro. I can see how Natural Splendor would be great, but you just have to give up so much to get it. I think 51 chloro skill, Void Life, is really underwhelming from a healing perspective, considering AoE spells have their healing reduced by 80%.

Anyways. Someone tell me why I'm wrong and 51 chloro rapes Warlock, or just vindicate me. :|

Soulwalker

absolutely not, it sucks.

Warlock or archon ftw.

Consider yourself vindicated. Anything over 32 is a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

I have run 51 chloro and 32chloro with lock side.

I find both are useful, but I stuck with the 51 mainly because lots of others aren't ^^

Not had a problem in experts T1 or 2.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

Whoever says 51 is best for instances is...foolish at best. Chloro needs a "+X% healing per point" investment skill to make 44/51 worth it. Natural Splendor needs a lower cooldown or increased size of the aoe for its healing. 5 meters basically means only the tank ever gets healed. :|
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-20-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Chloro yields diminshing returns past 32. They really need to do something with deep chloro builds, right now they don't make a whole lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Chloro yields diminshing returns past 32. They really need to do something with deep chloro builds, right now they don't make a whole lot of sense.
    My chlro actually has 36 in it, because nothing in the warlock tree seemed worth taking after 30. Sure, there's some situational things that may be nice to have, but in practice I never use on challenging content. Instead I focused on personal survivability and sustained outbound healing throughput.
    One by one... they take aim at themselves and fire. This is like letting your opponent beat themselves...

Plane Touched

Eh I have 44 points in chloro.... some say the ability is a waste, but when helping friends in non experts the ability is pretty amazing for a melee heavy group.

Its not a bad spell in situations where you have to be in an enclosed space either, and I think it might do well in raids, where there are multiple melee on a mob.

In experts it does enough healing as well to keep the MT alive and splash heal any melee I prefer not to use my castable heals if I don't have to, and this skill is a nice supplemental aoe heal for targets in melee range.

The skill could be much much better, but then again I wish withering vein was instant cast, and vile spores wasn't on GCD...

Shadowlander

I have a 44 point cholro build and I really don't think nature's splendor is all that worth it tbh. Yes it is a good heal, but it really seems like on of those last ditch effort spells where the tank is probably going to die anyway if you're pulling out nature's splendor to keep him alive anyways imo. I would 31/32 is where I'm comfortable and then put the other points in lock armor/other damage increase in lock tree since you'll see a bigger boost in heals with those two then buy putting 51 points into the tree.

Rift Disciple

Basically,
    32 chloro, 34 warlock -> more dmg -> more HPS
    32 chloro, 34 archon -> more support -> better raid/group DPS
    51 chloro, smt -> too lazy cloromancers to throw in an odd buff from archon or lock ability
    Other builds are better .. .51 is just easier cause people don't expect from you to use archon buff spells on cooldown and keep auras up

Soulwalker

I've done fights where Blight is extremely useful, making 38 points into chloro worthwhile. I guess its a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaashar View Post
    My chlro actually has 36 in it, because nothing in the warlock tree seemed worth taking after 30. Sure, there's some situational things that may be nice to have, but in practice I never use on challenging content. Instead I focused on personal survivability and sustained outbound healing throughput.
    I roll 36/30 chloro/lock myself, but the point stands. There's not a whole lot in chloro past 32 points. I wouldn't necessarily put the points in lock -- 30 is really enough there -- but grabbing some low hanging fruit in archon or even elemental is tempting.

I find 38 chloro 28 archon being the best build for chloro.

Mainly for blight, its super for Expert DM, the Gatekeeper just melts since you can remove his earth phase (and other healing expert encounters)

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov View Post
    Basically,
    32 chloro, 34 warlock -> more dmg -> more HPS
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but what adds to the dps after 30 in warlock that will improve the healing?
    One by one... they take aim at themselves and fire. This is like letting your opponent beat themselves...

Telaran

This is my build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...uo0cz.xxom0VVL

I used to use a 36 chloro and 30 warlock build, but one day I needed some extra Dominator for expert DSM, and I found something interesting.

I got a lot more damage by adding in the extra 10% intelligence. It boosted my spell power a bunch where my nature's touch was critting for over 1.2k without entropic veil on (about 850 SP with natural awareness). Without the 10% inteligence buff my crits were sitting right around 1k without entropic.

My dps went up around 50 pts when I ran an entire Iron Tomb dungeon parse which is pretty consistent damage fights aside from the flame guy right before Totek.

This also gave me Accelerated Decay which is GREAT for trash. In every expert dungeon there is one mob that puts out a TON of dps and is crazy spike damage. And if you're ever not careful that mob can wipe you if you're careless. Anyways, accelerated decay basically cuts his his DPS by 25% and makes him ez mode to heal. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on boss mobs, so don't put it in your regular rotations, but it's probably the best heal spell you have on the trash mobs.

What you lose by putting 12 points into Dominator:

1. 2% spell damage from improved warlock armor - you need at least 25 points in Chloro, so you can't skimp there. Now you could choose to just put 11 points into Domi and keep that 2% dmg, but you would lose Accelerated Decay. This is a toss up between 2% more spell damage for bosses where AD doesn't factor in, or giving yourself piece of mind when clearing trash mobs with AD. Up to you. I figure the 2% extra damage from my chloro spells which may translate to another 40-50 points of healing isn't going to make or break any boss fight i'm doing, so I opted for AD.

2. You lose your full heal, wild growth if you were into that (i never used it) and all your innate +heal abilities for Bloom and Flourish (increased crit chance after dmg spell and heal for more). I don't use them too much, as they're more of an oh **** heal. My idea is to avoid having to use them. If I ever did have to use them, it's very infrequent.
    Last edited by Venun; 03-21-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    Venun, 50 Mage

Guild leader of <Apex>
    Defiant guild on Deepwood.
    Progression: 5/5 GSB, 2/4 ROS, 4/4 GP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast