+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Expert Dungeon Builds

Default Expert Dungeon Builds

Hello, I'm currently running a 30Lock/30Chloro/6Necro for chloro heals and a 30Lock/31Pyro/5Ele for dps/aoe.

Chloro: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...VVx.EdIus0c.xz

DPS/AOE: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...x.xc0Izuchxo.V

I was wondering if a 30lock/36chloro would be better or should i just take 2 pts off warlock armor to invest into the 32 pt skill for chloro. The reason why I kept necro is for the purge. Also, is there a better AoE build and a single target dps build? I feel that my build is lacking in AoE as well as single target because it does both and since I have 4 roles, I can just split them up into 3 PvE with 1 PvP

I dont see why people feel pyro is the best aoe build? I think the stormcaller/ ele builds are the best for aoe.

Care to elaborate? Why are they the best and what is the build?

Stormcaller / Ele

That's what I use for AoE.

Soulwalker

AOE This is my AOE Build.
    Single Target Archon/Necro (ACT Parse 11 min)

You really want to put in at least 32 points into chloro for living energy. After that, well, you can go with a lock secondary or archon secondary, depending on taste.

Prophet of Telara

I think people like the Pyro for AoE damage because Fire-Storm plus all the damage boosts you can add up in Pyro builds is probably the best AoE spell in terms of damage. Add that the Warlock general damage add abilities up at the top of the tree and increased charge to fuel the fires... and the Pyro/Lock can definitely deliver very competitive AoE damage.

I think that SC/Ele is the more flexible though and better able to deliver consistent AoE over longer durations.

X

There is no way pyro with it's one channeled aoe spell should beat stormcaller.

As flav said you really should run 32 in chloro, it helps the group quite a bit. Even if you run with a bard it frees them up to run a different buff. I also agree with flav on the chloro/lock and chloro/archon. I run with both and switch them up depending on the fight. In addition to those I keep a 42chloro/18dom/6necro for boss fights like the gatekeeper in DSM and I don't remember their names but the second to last fight in DD with the three bosses. Using the purge And healing debuff helps out alot.

Shield of Telara

Do you respec between every dungeon or something? I don't know how you could keep so many builds ready for each circumstance.

Like having a sc/ele build purely for AE? Do you have another build for single target fights? I couldn't possibly squeeze in that kind of specialization considering I also need a chloro build, an archon build and a PvP build.

I wish I could save 7-8 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Do you respec between every dungeon or something? I don't know how you could keep so many builds ready for each circumstance.

Like having a sc/ele build purely for AE? Do you have another build for single target fights? I couldn't possibly squeeze in that kind of specialization considering I also need a chloro build, an archon build and a PvP build.

I wish I could save 7-8 specs.
    PvP dominator build, archon/chloro offhealer/buffer, single target necrolock and aoe sc/ele. I don't like being mainhealer so don't need chlorolock.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-20-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Stormcaller / Ele

That's what I use for AoE.
    Sorry, I haven't played enough Ele and SC but why are you specced into the elemental pets as well? What's your rotation?

Also, I agree that I need 32 points into chloro but the only reason why I'm restricted from getting it is because people on my server refuse to get a purge so I have to carry one on me at all times. I'll spec 32 pts into it now to see how well it goes.

Can't edit my post... but here's my update Chloro build, what do you guys think?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0VVx.EdIuqhc0o

If you're meaning to main heal experts, then 0/5 Call of Spring is a pretty big mistake. Also, -1 Vitality, +1 Neddra's Torture for more dmg as it works on any spell dmg, including life based damage.

Took about a total of 1 minute to tweak the build and switched Dom into Archon for better support. Don't really need Transmogrify since you have Fear for CC, so might as well give everyone more HP. This build may not be optimal, as I only did a quick rehash of the spec you posted to help better optimize it, but I think it'll work out much better.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....EdIzoVcooo.bM

Again, this is assuming you were trying to be a main healer for expert dungeons. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Wilzon; 03-20-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wilzon View Post
    If you're meaning to main heal experts, then 0/5 Call of Spring is a pretty big mistake. Also, -1 Vitality, +1 Neddra's Torture for more dmg as it works on any spell dmg, including life based damage.

Took about a total of 1 minute to tweak the build and switched Dom into Archon for better support. Don't really need Transmogrify since you have Fear for CC, so might as well give everyone more HP. This build may not be optimal, as I only did a quick rehash of the spec you posted to help better optimize it, but I think it'll work out much better.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....EdIzoVcooo.bM

Again, this is assuming you were trying to be a main healer for expert dungeons. Hope it helps!
    Since Call of Spring is virtually useless, and only actually increases healing from Bloom and Flourish, 0/5 in it is totally justifiable.

Call of Spring is only worth taking if you use your instant heals a lot and have no where better to but the points (already got your 30 in warlock, etc).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast