+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help with my archon build.

Soulwalker

Default Looking for help with my archon build.

First time posting so take it easy on me .

This is my build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....AResRfiqkrz.V

currently using the standard necro/archon build for dps on a boss.

Rotation is as follows: Surging Flame > Earthen barrage> Volcanic bomb> Plague bolt spam

I cast pillaging stone, rock slide and searing vitality when they have about 1 minute left. I also weave my 5 minute buffs into my rotation when they are close to dropping or use them when we have to move. Power drain is used when i reach maximum charge and never with flaring power activated (so it last its full duration).

Here is an 11 minute ACT posting.
    http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/2757/dpsarchon.jpg

Basically what I am asking for is improvements in rotation, potential spec changes, and other helpful advice. Thanks in advance for any and all constructive advice or questions.

Rift Disciple

Looks about right, you could add grave rot. Even on single target it is worth casting, it's actually our highest damage per cast time ability. Depending on buffs and gear the ticks deal about 175 + BP (about 300) 4 times for a total of 1900 non crit damage for a 1.5 second global. Compare that to around 1000 damage for a non crit plaguebolt + 2x BP.

Adding grave rot should give you at 25-50dps boost bringing you up to around 600. In a raid setting using this setup you should see 700dps on tank and spanks, which is not too shabby.
    Last edited by maxvla; 03-20-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Telaran

You don't mention where Leeching Flames is in your rotation.

Also, warlock isn't that great. Even if you don't plan on cheating with Power Drain, a better build would be 4 Pyro, 11 Necro. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...esRfiqkrz.E00z

Since as said above, Grave Rot ends up doing more DPS per cast than anything else we have.
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

Soulwalker

Leeching is up almost all the time when its not on cool down...Grave rot didn't even think about that. Thanks for the help. Going to work with the spec then with another parse and post it back here.
    Last edited by jleewow88; 03-21-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Soulwalker

Here is my ACT after 6 min. Nearly a 100 dps increase! Thanks so much for the advice guys!
    http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9529/dps2archon.jpg

Drop Necro for Ele, and pick up the 5% crit, and spam P.stones?
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Soulwalker

Plague bolt is more effective because of the double debuff application not to mention would end up not having grave rot which was an increase to dps.

Edit:: Stats before Archon buffs/auras are up (mix of t1 epics and blue gear)
    SP - 724
    Spell Crit -453
    Last edited by jleewow88; 03-21-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jleewow88 View Post
    Plague bolt is more effective because of the double debuff application not to mention would end up not having grave rot which was an increase to dps.

Edit:: Stats before Archon buffs/auras are up (mix of t1 epics and blue gear)
    SP - 724
    Spell Crit -453
    Are you using the 4 pyro 11 necro build, posted above?

Not sure if you want to parse this or not, but you can throw down you GoP and deal increased fire damage across the board, and use fireball/flamebolt/countdown(not sure if flamebolt and countdown are worth the GCD) as your filler nuke. I put a point into flicker for mobility, since you will be trying to stay in the GoP for as long as possible... Just a thought

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...cz.AResRfiqkrz

Soulwalker

ya http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...esRfiqkrz.E00z was the build 4pyro 11 necro 51 archon.

Quote Originally Posted by jleewow88 View Post
    ya http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...esRfiqkrz.E00z was the build 4pyro 11 necro 51 archon.
    I wouldn't get to comfortable with that build, i would bet my next pay check that BP is going to get nerfed/fixed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    I wouldn't get to comfortable with that build, i would bet my next pay check that BP is going to get nerfed/fixed.
    Why? There's no exploiting going on. The thing that should be nerfed is power drain being able to be spammed. Put a 5-10 second cooldown on it, just long enough to get people to stop abusing the mechanic.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by maxvla View Post
    Why? There's no exploiting going on. The thing that should be nerfed is power drain being able to be spammed. Put a 5-10 second cooldown on it, just long enough to get people to stop abusing the mechanic.
    What's the spell rotation for this archon build like?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by maxvla View Post
    Let's hope it is that and they don't put some 3 min stupid cd...

Telaran

I guess I am not seeing the benefit of Necromancer. You have bonus's to fire spells, and a reduction in fire spell cast time, so why not use Fireball?
    I'd have thought going Warlock for the bonus to charge (for power drain) and Opportunity (for faster fireballs) would lead to higher damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast