+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mages in Heroic Dungeons

Soulwalker

Default Mages in Heroic Dungeons

So my guild is asking of 3 things from me as a mage in heroic dungeons. 1. have a class that is big on AOE for certain situations. 2. have a class that is single target dps heavy. 3. Have a class with chloromancer in it for support.

I have the 3 classes that i think are best used, but i would like some debate on it incase i am missing something.

1. AOE class
    Stormcaller 31
    Elementalist 35

2. Single target class
    Warlock 51
    Necro 15

3. Chloro support
    Archeon 51
    Chloromancer 15

I have done alot of reading on the forums and i think that these might be the best makeups for heroic dungeons, but when i play them i am just not sure if i am missing something. Please post what you think might be better and any suggestions, it would really be appreciated

Shadowlander

Well you forgot the best one that yields you most groups
    Mainheal\offheal
    Chloromancer: 32
    Warlock: 34.

Shield of Telara

everyone knows they can get easy groups being a healer, but the problem is no one wants to heal

I actually want to heal, but noone wants a Chloro main heal.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Saknaraust View Post
    Well you forgot the best one that yields you most groups
    Mainheal\offheal
    Chloromancer: 32
    Warlock: 34.
    do you think that chloro / warlock is better damage than a chloro/ archeon? if the point of being offheals is to deal damage as much as heal, which way would you go?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trestilne View Post
    do you think that chloro / warlock is better damage than a chloro/ archeon? if the point of being offheals is to deal damage as much as heal, which way would you go?
    Actually lock gives you dmg buffs that affect chloro life-based dmg which increases the healing you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    Actually lock gives you dmg buffs that affect chloro life-based dmg which increases the healing you do.
    Agreed. That's why I plan on going 36chloro/30lock myself for when I need to use it. Is there much difference using your spec over the one I have planned?

50 spec for healing w/o archon:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vckoo.xx0G0VVx

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by styrfry View Post
    Agreed. That's why I plan on going 36chloro/30lock myself for when I need to use it. Is there much difference using your spec over the one I have planned?

50 spec for healing w/o archon:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vckoo.xx0G0VVx
    most people that play as a chloro for a main heal use this spec dont they? not a secondary back up heals/dps?

Prophet of Telara

There's a lot of great support stuff in the Archon soul though... Chloro/Lock is very focussed on healing... and if the role is to be supporting healer, then the Archon may be the better way to go.

It depends upon who you're healing with and what you're planning to heal on the Archon/Chloro build. You're passing up Nature's Touch by one point - which is just about the best tank healer in the game... in order to get 10% haste for the group and extra DPS for yourself (which is likely to be nerfed somewhat in the near future by all accounts).

If you drop back to 44 Archon, for the haste... then you gain a lot of support healing and both in- out-of-combat rezzes on the Chloro side. Is burning purpose really worth it?

I'm not sure that the level of healing you'd bring with 51 Arch/15 Chloro would even be enough to act as secondary healer for a T2 for example....

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 03-20-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    There's a lot of great support stuff in the Archon soul though... Chloro/Lock is very focussed on healing... and if the role is to be supporting healer, then the Archon may be the better way to go.

It depends upon who you're healing with and what you're planning to heal on the Archon/Chloro build. You're passing up Nature's Touch by one point - which is just about the best tank healer in the game... in order to get 10% haste for the group and extra DPS for yourself (which is likely to be nerfed somewhat in the near future by all accounts).

If you drop back to 44 Archon, for the haste... then you gain a lot of support healing and both in- out-of-combat rezzes on the Chloro side. Is burning purpose really worth it?

I'm not sure that the level of healing you'd bring with 51 Arch/15 Chloro would even be enough to act as secondary healer for a T2 for example....

X
    You bring up a very good point. thank you for posting that reply

+ Reply to Thread