+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Effective Mage leveling build?

Soulwalker

Default Effective Mage leveling build?

So I recently hit 50 on my warrior about less than a week ago, and I'm thinking of leveling a mage, I've read how bad they are at pvp, and then how OP they can become. IDK, a bunch of mixed feelings between players I guess. Anyways, I started as a Stormcaller, they seem like they could throw out high AoE/Single dps but I just wanted some feedback.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImbaDamage View Post
    So I recently hit 50 on my warrior about less than a week ago, and I'm thinking of leveling a mage, I've read how bad they are at pvp, and then how OP they can become. IDK, a bunch of mixed feelings between players I guess. Anyways, I started as a Stormcaller, they seem like they could throw out high AoE/Single dps but I just wanted some feedback.

Thanks.

Why in the world would you level a Mage right now? Don't give Trion the satisfaction of seeing another Mage created in their spreadsheet.. don't.

We are not on the same level as other callings, simply put we aren't. You see that useless thread on the front page here about how we're very good.. at 50.. when you're fully epic'ed out.. and playing with other very good people.. see anything wrong with that whole logic? That one guy, in one known build, with top end gear.. is good.. let's not mention the 1-50 regular game we have to play.. nor the PvP.. let's smooth act like we're all golden there. We won't mention the other souls.. nor how many people are playing in 1-50 non expert/t1/t2/raid content that are getting put off by the class.

Sure, if we're given t2/raid gear, and thrown into a raiding situation.. maybe all of our numbers would look passable.

Let's join a team of mountain climbers.. and then we all start running up a mountain.. except you get pushed down the mountain 10 feet for every 12 you climb.. this goes on for days. You get beat up severely along the way, and when.. WHEN.. you finally reach the summit, nobody cares and you're just another climber that got there late, poorly dressed, with more bruises than Shogun Rua, and in one bland outfit.

Are you satisfied knowing your DPS is sub par 1-50 and until you get into t1/t2/raid gear and spec one spec.. and that's still assuming a boatload? That your PvP life sucks and will suck? Go ahead and spec into Ground of Strength... you're still a clothie SITTING STILL--which is very useful for all the static PvP fights we get into...ya know, those PvP moments where we run up to each other, file into a line like they did in the US Civil War.. and fight civilly, in a line.. sure, then GoS is very, very useful.. you know what's not useful.. running place to place, casting a stationary ground target.. and having to stand in it. Any decent opponent will see a mage coming from yards away and own us before we get into any position.

If you want a leveling build... we all will suggest Necro/Lock in whatever combo you feel comfortable with. Then pair in Chloro if you want.. seems to be very popular.

Please come back and post a followup thread on your experiences every 10 levels as you level up on your Mage.. should you stick with that calling. Good luck..
    *shakes head*

-whispers-
    I bet he doesn't make it past 25

+ Reply to Thread