+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Builds for level progression of CHLORO/LOCK?

Default Builds for level progression of CHLORO/LOCK?

Hey all,

I am having fun as a chloro/lock and wondering anyone had recommended builds as you level. For instance what works at 10, 20, 30, 40.

I know that many builds have the chloro/lock pts almost evenly spread -- so I have been unsure of when to put points into what soul.

Thanks in advance.

Shadowlander

Pump this up.
    I'd like to know too.

Soulwalker

I'm not an expert by any means, but I use a Chloro soul with nearly everything I try (for survivability + I like it), but the first 7 points into Chloro will get you an instant-cast heal, which can be suuuper useful for "oshi" moments. The next super-important talent in Chloro is Phytogenesis, which makes your Radiant Spores hit all nearby targets. (This is especially excellent for rifts & invasions, for it spreads the healy bonus around nicely.)

Hopefully that helps a little!

Shadowlander

Great thank you!
    You said in that thread, that you'd post once a AE chlorlock build, I am extremly interested in that (also from someone else of course if you have one).

thx

Prophet of Telara

I did? Hmm I'm not sure what I'd have meant by that... maybe the Chloro/Stormcaller build that some people go for in PvP... which uses AoE Radiant Spores + AoE damage to get more Radiant Spores hits for self-healing?

I also don't include the usage of Nature's Fury in that guide - which is usually more healing than Vile Spores as long as it hits 4 targets - even when you have Nature's Corrosion trained.

But on the whole, most AoEs that you can gain access to are not Life damage - which means that you end up with very low percentage throughput to Lifegiving veil. And the 80% reduction for AoEs on Lifegiving Veil healing applies. Or the AoEs are DoTs and so don't get much if any healing out, again because of the Lifegiving Veil restrictions.

So on the whole, if you're focussed on healing others, then AoE isn't your path.

X

Prophet of Telara

P.S. I'm just thinking that I didn't perhaps put enough about the different levels.

Basically on a healing focussed Chloro/Lock build, you put all the points you can into Chloro (at least up to 31 points) and only put spare points into Lock. Lock then catches up after that, taking nearly all the points after level 31/32.

X
    Last edited by XtremElement; 03-20-2011 at 12:28 AM.

I use a 33 chloro and 33 lock for my expert dungeon healing build with the 0pt transmog. Then I switch to a 6 pt necro 44 pt chloro and 16 pt lock for consumption healing for specific bosses.

Prophet of Telara

Hey Cab,

What does your Chl/Nec/Lock build look like - and why do you use it on specific bosses?

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremElement View Post
    P.S. I'm just thinking that I didn't perhaps put enough about the different levels.

Basically on a healing focussed Chloro/Lock build, you put all the points you can into Chloro (at least up to 31 points) and only put spare points into Lock. Lock then catches up after that, taking nearly all the points after level 31/32.

X
    Perfect! That's what I was looking for. because I did read yoru very well-written posting and your follow up messages.

Thank you again.

And do you have a casting rotation? I have been trying to work on one I like but it feels a bit awkward for whatever reason. This is for low level.

I'm only level 40 right now, so I can't say anything about end game but since the beginning I've used this rotation consistently for healing on my Chloro/Lock: radiant spores-- nature's touch-- ruin -- vile spores

You can setup a macro for the latter 3:

cast Nature's Touch
    cast Ruin
    cast Vile Spores

SPAM SPAM SPAM and re-up Radiant Spores as needed. Lifegiving Shell is also really great as a mana regen/shield.
    Lolly...Chloro...Shadefallen

Prophet of Telara

I give some advice in the guide on rotations - but for levels below 15, as I mention in the guide, it's more fluid. If you look at the post on support builds, where there's less points invested in chloro, you'll probably get some ideas.

In general, you're acting more as a support healer when you're using Chloro at levels below 15 or 16. It would, in fact, be my recommendation, that at levels below 15, you should always use a different soul as your 'main' soul where you put your points... and then only around level 15+ should you respec to Chloro as main soul.

X

Rift Disciple

Chloro is not really that viable pre-16, so I'll start with a level 16 build:
    Level 16

Level 20

Level 25

Level 31

Level 35

Level 40

Level 45

Level 50

Thanks for the great replies. I actually have Chloro as my main spec at 12 -- im 12 chloro/4 lock and I have been muddling my way through -- it hasn't been easy but not difficult either -- fun really. So if it's supposed to get better by 16+, I can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast