+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Advice please

Default Mage Advice please

Hello im making a new char and i cant decide to be a Mage or Rogue, i got a rogue to lv 11 and my mage is now lv 16 i was in FAE dungeon and a rogue 3 lvs higher then me doubles my dps on the dmg meter i used. are mages supposed to not only die a lot faster then rogues but also do less dps ? id rarther be stabbed then shot in the face with a fireball tbh... and how are rogues ocm paired at lv 50, ranger/marksman seemed fun in pvp beign able to move and spam shoot and execute combos but i seem drawn to the mage for some reason mostly the cool necro pets i supose i cant decide, and after getting cleric to lv 42 and not liking it i dont wanna spend 3 weeks getting there again.
    My lord who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, i walk again among the living to carry out thy will, to be the sword in thy hand, save me from the temptations of evil and guide my hand when it takes hold in judgment.

Prophet of Telara

Play a rogue.
    I have a 44 cleric and a 39 mage yet will likely settle with a rogue unless mage receives some buffs soon.

Rogue in your RotF group was likely running a saboteur soul. Sab is the best damage I think, while ranger/MM is for soloing in pve. Bard is pretty strong in WF's while rogue also offers nice levelling routes with Riftstalker/Sin/BD.
    If you can hack Mage then by all means level it. If pvp doesn't interest you then I think your mileage with the class will be longer.

+ Reply to Thread