+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can someone help me with this macro? It's for Elementalist/Pyro AoE.

Rift Disciple

Default Can someone help me with this macro? It's for Elementalist/Pyro AoE.

#show Burning Ground
    cast Burning Ground
    cast Fire Storm

The usage would be obvious. First click tries to lay down a Burning Ground, and a second click would then channel Fire Storm.
    Problem is, it goes straight to Fire Storm, skipping Burning Ground.
    My guess is the issue is because there are two abilities that use a targeted AoE, but I really don't know.
    I've tried to swap BG and FS' spot in the macro, but it always only casts the second ability in the macro, is there any way to circumvent this by use of a command or syntax or something? I'd really hate to use two keybindings for two amazingly similar abilities, when one is casted and a cooldown and the other is just channeled.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99 View Post
    #show Burning Ground
    cast Burning Ground
    cast Fire Storm

The usage would be obvious. First click tries to lay down a Burning Ground, and a second click would then channel Fire Storm.
    Problem is, it goes straight to Fire Storm, skipping Burning Ground.
    My guess is the issue is because there are two abilities that use a targeted AoE, but I really don't know.
    I've tried to swap BG and FS' spot in the macro, but it always only casts the second ability in the macro, is there any way to circumvent this by use of a command or syntax or something? I'd really hate to use two keybindings for two amazingly similar abilities, when one is casted and a cooldown and the other is just channeled.
    Happens with any two targeted AoEs. Have to split them into two different macros. I use Num1 and END. That way when I "Shift+Mouse4" (mouse 4 programmed to NUM1 in setpoint) it will go to my second AoE. It's annoying and makes Grave Rot > Devouring Shadows more tedious then it has to be.

P.S. Even putting modifiers like SHIFT, CTRL, ALT in a single macro still causes the glitch - only one ever casts
    Last edited by CrossCrucial; 03-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread