+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyro is awesome at dps

Default Pyro is awesome at dps

Pyro used right is amazing at dps. I actually find I can hold my own and be number 1 on single target boss fights POW! Kinda happy everyone is crying about the MAge class so we can be more powerful lol.

Soulwalker

1/10 for effort.

no we are not.. the whole mage class is totally crap. (prob why i made one)
    need a serious overheaul..
    Invictius, Make PVP Uber or Die a Slow Death....

Ok I will say this. The pyro is not easy. It requires allot of attention. If you don't have an 8 button mouse your going to pull your hair out and that is not fair since rogues hit maybe 3 spells top. love your dots and instant cast spells on fights when you are required to move!

Pyro is OK, but I'd like to be able to pull high numbers for more than 15-30 seconds every 3 minutes. Though pulling 1500+ DPS for 15s isn't exactly bad, it's just not that great for sustained damage.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Sword of Telara

I don't have a 8 button mouse, that sounds horrible, I do have a keyboard with 12 hotkeys on it...

logs/screenshots are it didn't happen (or at least some theory crafting to explain it)

Then there's the question of in relation to what. Other mages? DPS classes etc...

Coming in and saying I won! people will want to know at what and how. If you're 50 and going gonzo with certain spells, and it's working great, I doubt you're spamming cinder blast though

Rift Disciple

pyro is only good for pvp and duells its pve dps sucks compared to other specs even sc beats it in single target dps!

Plane Touched

pyro dps in instances requires 4 buttons, maybe 5

GoS for boss fights that do cc/pulls etc, heatwave fireball firebolt procs of cinder
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yila View Post
    Pyro used right is amazing at dps. I actually find I can hold my own and be number 1 on single target boss fights POW! Kinda happy everyone is crying about the MAge class so we can be more powerful lol.
    Can you show a parse on a single dummy? Anecdotal evidence is often skewed by what you want to see.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

I feel really bad for mages that I see who are solo..and great respect for those who are solo and 50.
    1v1s at 50 are "doable" depending on alot of variables.

Usually a rogue or warriors biggest mistake is to underestimate me and not cast ever stun/cc they have in their arsenal.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I feel really bad for mages that I see who are solo..and great respect for those who are solo and 50.
    1v1s at 50 are "doable" depending on alot of variables.

Usually a rogue or warriors biggest mistake is to underestimate me and not cast ever stun/cc they have in their arsenal.
    Meh I attempt 1v1 at 50, and am decently geared. Most t1 and a few t2 epics. Rogues/warriors give me alot of trouble

I recently 1 v 1d with a rogue and flickered thru stun cast GOS and i think he was a little surprised when i stunned /rooted him and burned him down. but of course heatwave was up..usually it isn't..otherwise i'm sure I would have been toast.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I recently 1 v 1d with a rogue and flickered thru stun cast GOS and i think he was a little surprised when i stunned /rooted him and burned him down. but of course heatwave was up..usually it isn't..otherwise i'm sure I would have been toast.
    thats the rpoblem, u need to burn your 3min cd, play like a pianist on kboard and do NO MISTAKE or war/rogue will eat u in sec with 2button macro with one hand in a.ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Yila View Post
    What lvl are you?

Shadowlander

Default Chloro/lock

Pyro is not all a bad class, infact I run a 41 pyro in instances and seeing the numbers generating on the screen and taking into consideration mob health I would definately stand top or very close. Pyro for pvp sucks. Unless your gonna pop GoS and sit in it using doms trans and cinder burst in rotation over and over and using fireball-flamebolt in between your going to get ironed out. Even this method is situation at best. For pvp with any role it really is a must to run chloro as a soul in your calling due to the hordes of rogue/cleric dps/healer builds you encounter. Only last week I respecced and started to run a chloro/lock build and let me tell you I have become a real pain in the ***!! I almost always come in the top 3 killing blows in the match and also come near off topping healing charts too. Bearing in mind I really enjoy running WF solo and not in a group. I rarely lose 1 vs 1 battles I just pump out the dots and kite. Once radiant spores are up and I'm getting benefits from life veil and life leech when opportunity procs then my hp drops sooo slowly by the time I get to halfway there toast. If I do get some warrior/ rogue that manages to bullrush me or stunlock on the off chance then I can just pop shadow life back to full health and we can start from scratch with them having blown there CDs. Even if you do get mobbed I have been able to hold my own 3 vs 1 using mortality and spam tab dot work. Such a fun build to play and I can imagine guardians slamming there keyboards on there desks when I face roll them over and over

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast