+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Int..

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default Int..

    Quick question, how does intelligence scale into the damage your spells do?

    Looking at Natural Awareness in the chloro tree and just trying to work out some numbers

    thanks

    //Flux

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Wilzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Mages receive 50% of their Intelligence as Spell Power. 2 Int = 1 SP (And some spell crit and more mana)

    Also 50% of a Mage's Wisdom is SP.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    do you know the direct formula for converting SP into damage?

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Pathetically small coefficients. I think the average is 25% across all spells.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Brangdha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    586

    Default

    1 SP = .2 damage increase
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

    Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flux View Post
    do you know the direct formula for converting SP into damage?
    Must be pretty small. At level 46 (inquisiter) my sanction heretic and vex normally tic 130/90 and when i was butt naked during a boss fight they were ticking at 105/70. Even my bolt of judgment (main 1.5s spell) hits for about 260 and was still over 200. So ya, was not very happy about the little gain from spellpower.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    :S sounds very grim. Altho on the upside i think a lot of people where noticing that SP to damage scales awfully with lvl, and that Trion are looking to change this in the recently announced changes to mage.

    //Flux
    LADS

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilzon View Post
    Mages receive 50% of their Intelligence as Spell Power. 2 Int = 1 SP (And some spell crit and more mana)

    Also 50% of a Mage's Wisdom is SP.
    Wait, so wisdom is just as good as int as far as damage is concerned?

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara wallweasels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    Wait, so wisdom is just as good as int as far as damage is concerned?
    Yes. 100 INT = 50 spell power. 100 WIS = 50 spell power. However 100 INT = 100 Spell crit whilst 100 WIS = some amount of self-mana regen which shouldn't be important because you should have mana-regain on your own.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-21-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    532

    Default

    because the SP damage increase is so small, crit increases damage alot more then spell damage, so int > wisdom

    its not just Spell power, its attack power too for other classes, armor doesnt make that much of a difference, the DPS number on the weapon does.

    just means if you want to do good dps, you need a good dps weapon. other gear doesnt affect your dps that much
    Last edited by Shieldy; 03-21-2011 at 02:39 PM.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara wallweasels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Personally I like Natural Awareness because it also increases crit. That sucker alone nearly gives me 3% extra crit-rating
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    because the SP damage increase is so small, crit increases damage alot more then spell damage, so int > wisdom

    its not just Spell power, its attack power too for other classes, armor doesnt make that much of a difference, the DPS number on the weapon does.

    just means if you want to do good dps, you need a good dps weapon. other gear doesnt affect your dps that much
    problem is mage have no weapon so to speak of also caster cleric is in the same boat on that point
    Last edited by NexionSE; 03-22-2011 at 01:25 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Hellmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    Yes. 100 INT = 50 spell power. 100 WIS = 50 spell power. However 100 INT = 100 Spell crit whilst 100 WIS = some amount of self-mana regen which shouldn't be important because you should have mana-regain on your own.
    Does anyone know the approximate INT to Crit & mana values, as well as WIS to self mana regen?

    Thanks

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara wallweasels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmoon View Post
    Does anyone know the approximate INT to Crit & mana values, as well as WIS to self mana regen?

    Thanks
    INT to crit? well 1 int = 1 crit point, but the percentage is somewhere around, and this scales differently across the levelboard, .03% crit per INT at level 50. That is what I remember calculating out. Its pretty simple. Crit percentage/Crit points = how much crit you get per point. This could be flawed as it may be a scaling chart. Like 50 crit value may be worth less at 5% crit than it would at 50% crit Although I am pretty sure it is a constant value per point.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Hellmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    INT to crit? well 1 int = 1 crit point, but the percentage is somewhere around, and this scales differently across the levelboard, .03% crit per INT at level 50. That is what I remember calculating out. Its pretty simple. Crit percentage/Crit points = how much crit you get per point. This could be flawed as it may be a scaling chart. Like 50 crit value may be worth less at 5% crit than it would at 50% crit Although I am pretty sure it is a constant value per point.
    Thanks ^.^
    Yea, I do not have access to my account to do the calculations at this point (yay for campus net?) and I am trying to get a decent spread of Mage stats in general.
    I'm looking for level 50 stat benifit info

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts