+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mage Challenge: 900 DPS

Rift Disciple

Default Mage Challenge: 900 DPS

Here's a challenge to you mages:

Sustain an average DPS value of at least 900 for a few minutes at the Boss Practice Dummy. You can have your Bard/Archon friends buff you, but you must hold above the 900 DPS value for several minutes. If you manage to pass this challenge, please post your parse and your build. I want someone to show me that it is possible, because I cannot see how one would accomplish it.

I firmly believe that there is no mage build available that can sustain 900+ DPS in Tier 2 gear. Warriors, on the other hand, can put out 1.3k+ DPS when buffed (I have measured this myself, and yes, it upsets me).

Soulwalker

I approve of this thread and everything it is attempting to do.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Larry King View Post

Sustain an average DPS value of at least 900 for a few minutes at the Boss Practice Dummy. You can have your Bard/Archon friends buff you, but you must hold above the 900 DPS value for several minutes. If you manage to pass this challenge, please post your parse and your build. I want someone to show me that it is possible, because I cannot see how one would accomplish it.

I firmly believe that there is no mage build available that can sustain 900+ DPS in Tier 2 gear. Warriors, on the other hand, can put out 1.3k+ DPS when buffed (I have measured this myself, and yes, it upsets me).
    I would agree with this, and when you're using AOE's if you're using them, make sure you're only hitting ONE target dummy, not two or three of them.

Telaran

Gonna be a lost cause, Lock/Necro is the only thing that will come close, as far as sustaining DPS, and it hinges on the Zealot being up and there are plenty of fights where he just gets gibbed.

The only Warrior specs I've seen pull that kind of DPS run BM/Champ/Para and also hinge on their pet being up so they have the same issue.

The one upside is that as Lock/Necro we can atleast pull our ranged pet and keep some DPS.

Atleast SC/ELE shines on the Duke fight .

No mage spec will do that right now, it's beyond obvious that our dps is mediocre regardless of pulling off perfect and sometimes complicated rotations (pyro/arch is ******ed hard to perfect compared to any melee) that can maintain 1k in t1 epics compared to a full t2 mage regardless of souls placement or even luck. Nothing we can do except wait for trion to fix it.

edit:
    Wow they censored re(t)arded. Excuse my french everyone.
    Last edited by Negata; 03-19-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

Plane Touched

Would you mind posting the proof of a warrior holding 1.3k+ DPS over several minutes?

Cheers

Rift Disciple

Others have posted it elsewhere, but if you want proof, I'll have to collect the data and SS later since I don't have anything saved. Oh, and 1.3k is a conservative estimate. I had a warrior popping 1.5k for over 1 minute last night on the dummy with a Bard + Archon on him.

Soulwalker

i am new in this game.. But how do you se your dps?

Plane Touched

Others have posted it elsewhere, but if you want proof, I'll have to collect the data and SS later since I don't have anything saved. Oh, and 1.3k is a conservative estimate. I had a warrior popping 1.5k for over 1 minute last night on the dummy with a Bard + Archon on him.
    Sure. I'm not trying to call you out or doubt your claims, but if we're going to start comparing dps between the mage and War statistically it would be of great help to have proof of the warriors dps over a few minutes to use as a baseline. That's all.

I stare at the soul builder for hours trying to figure out what I'm missing. I think I figured it out, I don't have ungodly high survivability and a giant weapon twice as tall as me. Once I get those then maybe I'll be a warrior and I can do some solid single target dps. For now though, I'll keep staring at the soul builder and playing chloro to feel like a beast.
    Sennheiser, Assist, Xarnthal, Thage, Ingabal
    Seastone Guardian

Champion

sc/ele builds can hit this but as soon as they are oom and have to channel elements their dps plummets

Quote Originally Posted by Dixa View Post
    sc/ele builds can hit this but as soon as they are oom and have to channel elements their dps plummets
    He meant 900 dps single target. Not aoe. SC/Ele won't pull anywhere close to 900 sustained on a single boss dummy.

In before bugged Archon DPS.

WTB crit bonus within 10 points of a soul like the cleric mages can.
    For luck you carried a horse chestnut and a rabbit's foot in your right pocket. The fur had been worn off the rabbit's foot long ago and the bones and the sinews were polished by the wear. The claws scratched in the lining of your pocket and you knew your luck was still there.

Shadowlander

Warlock/Necro can sustain 900-1000 dps if it's played well. Or at least thats what I sit at on my DPS build >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast