+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do all dominator confusions last 7 seconds?

Rift Disciple

Default Why do all dominator confusions last 7 seconds?

So i was doing some war fronts premades and generally enjoying the debuffs and crowd control i lay down on the opposition but i don't understand the following spells

Disorient - tool tip states 20 seconds, lasts 7 seconds in pvp
    Mass exhaustion - tool tip states 30 seconds, lasts 7 seconds in pvp
    overpowering will - tool tip states 8 seconds and lasts 7 seconds in pvp

I was under the impression that a crowd control spell was a certain % less effective when used on enemy players, rather than a flat rate.

It also seems kind of lame to give us these three spells and transmorgify all on the same duration timer.

Is this intended or is there a hard-cap on all crowd control spells set at 7 seconds?

OMG, really? I'm actually sitting here working on a dom pvp setup and now I can't trust what the descriptions say?!
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lite View Post
    So i was doing some war fronts premades and generally enjoying the debuffs and crowd control i lay down on the opposition but i don't understand the following spells

Disorient - tool tip states 20 seconds, lasts 7 seconds in pvp
    Mass exhaustion - tool tip states 30 seconds, lasts 7 seconds in pvp
    overpowering will - tool tip states 8 seconds and lasts 7 seconds in pvp

I was under the impression that a crowd control spell was a certain % less effective when used on enemy players, rather than a flat rate.

It also seems kind of lame to give us these three spells and transmorgify all on the same duration timer.

Is this intended or is there a hard-cap on all crowd control spells set at 7 seconds?
    you caught one of those stealth nerfs. expect more to come not just doms..champs/...pyros every game has done it

Quote Originally Posted by stormz View Post
    you caught one of those stealth nerfs. expect more to come not just doms..champs/...pyros every game has done it
    *sigh* It's WoW syndrome. I miss my sorc in DAoC where i could mez a group for up to a minute (except tanks and certain abilities that could break out of it). Ever since WoW, people complain if they can't control their character for more than a few seconds. It's called strategy, and not just spamming AoE every time there is more than one enemy. Makes playing a cc class somewhat pointless.

Plane Touched

Yes they do last less on players, Trion is just deceiving mage by making them think to believe what the description says.
    Dam Trion..

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Naaul View Post
    *sigh* It's WoW syndrome. I miss my sorc in DAoC where i could mez a group for up to a minute
    But they don't miss twiddling their thumbs for 60 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread