+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skeletal Knight: Needing a Buff?

Default Skeletal Knight: Needing a Buff?

So I am solo leveling with my Necro/Lock (Always liked the Lock character and it is a pretty proficient way to level up) and I am noticing even with stacks of deathly Calling, I am still pulling mobs off pretty consistently.

IMO, a skeletal knight should be able to hold multiple mobs (3 tops) with Bone Shatter, but the act of even dropping Grave Rot is enough to pull them off of my pet.

Either I am doing something wrong or,

Grave Rot and Plague Bolt might need a slight Caster Benefit of: "this spell causes no threat" ?

If I am doing it wrong and people are easily holding threat with their Skeletal Knight, plz post what kind of rotation you are using to contain multiple mobs on your Threat Pet.

Thnx

Skeletal Knight is kind of garbage unless you really need something to tank elites (but you'll need to pair with chloro to actually keep him alive anyway). Use zealot and tank yourself with Soul Purge and Mortality.

If you have the knight it means you have the "ancient tomb" talent which means you could use the zealot pet.

I'm leveling since the beginning in necro mode and at my level (42) and like perhaps 10 levels ago, the dmg this pet does makes things go faster and his dmg often makes him keep aggro without taunts.

The way i deal with multi mob is managing myself the AOE while letting the zealot wreck havoc. Works really well.

Here's my spec : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zVtk0s.scRG0VR

Your tools in multi-mob management :

Rotate and dot everything with necrosis/dark touch/life leech (often i drop the leech if time is short)
    Use if available and needed for a boost --> sacrifice life:damage/lich form
    Use if you were initially low in life --> shadow life (at my level it gives me +1700 health)
    Then If you're near full charge (one bolt or two if needed) --> Mortality...
    Resume with Devouring shadows

You should be able to regain your life from mortality and aoe the crap out of them. Recharge and use soul purge to keep you and your pet healed at this point.

Trick for fast recharge, in and out of combat --> use blood binding on pet many times. (13 charge, instant, does minor dmg to you because it's a dot tick. In combat use soul purge to regain health and reconstruct in out of combat.

Try this spec, you'll love it. It's has so many tricks in its bag i'm still discovering stuff all the time.

So basically, the best advice from me about the knight is keeping it in its closet. He was better in the beginning of your char life when you had not so many powerful spells available.

Thnx

I mostly use the Zealot for single and drain heal myself through. I was just looking for best way to multi mob as I was havign a bit of trouble.

@Drex Nice Asmodeus Icon from og D&D Monster Manual :-D ^5s

Soulwalker

Mabe it my level being around 30ish, but I find the Knight almost always keeps aggro on single targets, and can even tank for me and a friend on outside stuff with no problems.

What about the Skeleton Mage though I see everyone with Zealot do people just not use him for dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Makeshiftsage View Post
    Mabe it my level being around 30ish, but I find the Knight almost always keeps aggro on single targets, and can even tank for me and a friend on outside stuff with no problems.

What about the Skeleton Mage though I see everyone with Zealot do people just not use him for dps?
    I personnally have yet to understand the revenant. If anyone has input and knowledge, that would be awesome. So far i can see two possibilities : its garbage OR it has an unknown/unexploited potential because it needs more thought into it.

I might take some time to try again, last time i gave up fast and switched back to my beloved zealot.

Shadowlander

All necro pets need a buff badly. They are beyond useless. Not sure what trion was doing with their design.

Telaran

mob1 petattack
    necrosis
    mob2 petattack
    necrosis
    mob3 petattack
    necrosis
    mob4 pet attack
    necrosis
    esence link
    grave rot
    take bone strike off auto once DC stacke manuley use bone strike
    use life shife as needed and soul purged
    keep up necrosis

the more hp you have the more you knight has the more you life shife heals for.

I dont have any problems with arrgo all thoe bone strike only seem to work on 2 or 3 mobs not 6 like the tool tip says. Some elites brake some dont i cant figure out why.

use esence link on all mobs when useing mage pet you will get heals from all the aoes it uses.

zelot is best for pvp and boss dps in groups
    mage best for aoe trach when you have a tank
    knight is best for solo at least how i defin solo best is i lose the least amount of HP.

Champion

seriously?

knight - open with plague bolt for one stack of deathly calling, drop looming demise and necrosis. all of this lands before the knight reaches the target

BAM! knight casts grave touch for 280+280+110 dmg. wow, there went 30% of that mobs health.

he can do that every 12 s

he also has threat that elementalists can only dream of

Ascendant

My Zealot tanks better than my Knight does...

I find two thing freaking ridiculous on a 50 necromancer, well these two are among the worst anyway.
    1. The tank-pet can barely hold agro on a single target in aoe sitiuations. Grave Rot are supposed to take care of that, but it's so slow/low effect making it useless, i also have to stand next to the pet or all mobs except the one being tanked come running to me and out of the Grave Rot radius.
    2. AoE- attacks does't automatically send the pet on the mobs being attacked. In instances the pet mostly stand inactive unless i pinpoint every target i want it to attack. And with the fast AoE-kills and the fubar tab-targetting it's often not worth the effort.

+ Reply to Thread