+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo PvE Build

Soulwalker

Default Solo PvE Build

Alright so I came up with some builds and would like to know what you guys think in regards to single damage output on bosses, in expert dungeons and raids. I welcome any suggestions

51 Lock/ 15 Necro

38 Pyro/18 Ele/ 10 Warlock

Soulwalker

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniak View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yes, something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...tIkogkAtz.Vofo

44/12/10 Elementalist/Archon/Warlock

Works well enough for soloing, Pillaging Stone replaces Crystalline Missile entirely in your rotation compared to the 51 Ele option. I like it alot better than 51 Ele, alot more HP, Mana and stats, Leeching Flames hits harder and Power Drain from Archon is IMO a better charge dump than Elemental Forces. Reconstruct keeps your HP maxed between fights with little downtime and you and your pet gets additional HP from Neddra's Strength.

Soulwalker

Why Ele over Pyro?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oAkqqxk.xdhuVh

Best for grind out many mobs at the same time.

This was me at level 42, though I've changed some stuff around since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjihdSjJ964

Here are a couple of things I would recommend:

-Get a second sigil (the things you put essences in), and try to fill the greaters with healing type. Currently, I have the one that heals for an additional 500 health, and I'm planning on getting the one that has a chance when healing to proc a shield. For the lessers, focus on intellect and if you can one that also has endurance. The main reason why is because they healing procs of Radiant Spores, and I believe withering vines. I'm not sure about life leech, but I'll test that out at a later time.

-Gear up normally. With T1 gear, or even starter/crafted blue gear you should have enough intellect and endurance, along with your two talents, where you don't have to worry about health. Also, crit is very nice when it procs off of R. Spores, but to be safe, I'd gear for spellpower but balancing out crit, that way you don't have to depend on two RNG mechanics.

-Now that I'm more experienced with it, I usually don't like to pull under 5 mobs at a time. Pulling up to 7+ can be a pain, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you've killed those mobs enough times where you know how much they can damage you, and are prepared for critical situations.

-Dots are Key to your sustained healing. Meaning, you want to DoT the mobs up but don't reapply DoTs once they're up and going, because the healing is only enough for you to hover around the same amount of health while you pull other mobs. One thing to keep in mind is that when you start pulling more than 5 mobs, your old DoTs will start to wear off, meaning less sustained healing. That would be a prime time to use shadow life, or another cooldown to keep you up and running.

Rotation:

-Start with leech life and follow up with withering vines, find your next target and do the same. Keep doing this until you get the amount you're comfortable with on you.

-Once all the DoTs are up, cast Radiant Spores. With all of the DoTs up, healing you, and proccing of radiant spores, it should be enough to do the next step, but keep in mind at this time you're first mob will be losing it's DoTs.

-Then pick a mob, usually the last one, and cast dark touch and Neddra's grasp. Once done, hit radiate death, which will apply those two dots on the surround enemies. This means that Radiant Spores will be proccing a lot. However, it's only enough to keep you hovering at whatever health you were at before casting radiate death.

-To finish, and this should heal you and keep you up, is cast one of two spells depending on the circumstance. If you're low on health, and have popped a cooldown to stay alive, hit Mortality, which will heal you a ton (note: I've noticed it doesn't scale well with spellpower, so it becomes less of an option with higher gear, but by that time you'll be using it less). If you're good on health cast Devouring Shadows, which will heal you via Radiant Spores.

Also, it's best to wait till you have Phytogenisis and Mortality before attempting this, but for soloing mobs one by one, it's very effective at keep yourself up.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Soulwalker

Well this is for best sustainable damage on single target such as boss in Raids/Expert Dungeons as I said before why ele over pyro?

Ele, Necro or Chloro for soloing, you need either pets, self healing or both for that. And will most likely not be optimal for dps expect the Necro option. Ele is weak unless you invest heavily in it, and even after spending most points in it, it's performance if lacking. But if you love Pyro there are possibilites, like this 32/26/8 Pyro/Ele/Lock http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xc0Izucuxo.xh

+ Reply to Thread