+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chloro/Warlock vs Chloro/Archon

Default Chloro/Warlock vs Chloro/Archon

I've tried both at 50 in T1's and T2's.

This might be different in a raid situation, but for 5 mans this is my experience..

Chloro / Warlock = best

I used to think chloro/archon was the way to go.. on paper, the numbers strongly suggest this is the stronger of the two.

But.. in practice, chloro/lock wins in just about every way.

I can pull 350 single target dps on a boss using only life based spells.

Opportunity vs 8%? reduced cast time.. on paper, the 8% is the winner. In practice, opportunity wins out. It has saved the group from wipes so so so many times. I know you cant rely on it, but it's helped way more than a slightly faster cast time (in my experience). It also makes using natures fury a lot easier.

I originally thought the 16% damage 16% healing worked both ways, but the healing only works on bloom/flourish and not LGV procs. So, you're only gaining 16% damage in the end.

I'm able to AOE as a chloro/lock and pull ~900-1k dps and still throw heals to keep the tank alive.

Fear is nice, not a game changer but it does help occasionally.

And the best part is that I don't have to constantly manage buffs/debuffs.

What do you guys think? Anybody else ran both at 50 and liked one more than the other?

I was all for the chloro/archon.. but the chloro/lock just does a MUCH better job of keeping my group (and myself) alive.

What did you expect? chloro/Archon is a noob spec that only terribads would touch!

I've been using Chloro/lock as my main heal spec since beta. Just solo healed expert DSM last night with a 32lock/34chloro build. Since we do more healing the more damage we do, obviously the lock passives are the way to go.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Yep, obvious choice really. Warlock is definitely the way to go. If your taking Chloro/Archon you are now a support healer, not a main healer, and can be effectively replaced by a bard. And will feel worthless if there is one in your group, since they overwrite most of the Archon buffs anyway. Just another example of, good on paper, bad in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaul View Post
    Yep, obvious choice really. Warlock is definitely the way to go. If your taking Chloro/Archon you are now a support healer, not a main healer, and can be effectively replaced by a bard. And will feel worthless if there is one in your group, since they overwrite most of the Archon buffs anyway. Just another example of, good on paper, bad in practice.
    I've being running 51 Archon, 15 Chloro, 0 Dom for cc.

I've been running dungeons for a while now as Necro/lock, my brother playing Bard and a couple of guild members who are warrior tank and Marksman dps. But yesterday i decided to play the support role which is Archon and cos i knew the group would lose healing without a bard i chucked 15 points into chloro. So far today we have run LH expert, AP expert and IT expert all of which were completed in under 40 mins for the achievement

I do more healing than a Bard could do by keeping Radiant Spores up and when the healer is struggling throwing a Bloom on the tank and spamming Vile Spores.

My guild member thats marksman who had no new gear or new rotation or anything during the time between the 3 Bard runs yesterday and the 3 Archon runs today(He did get items but he diddn't wear them cos i wanted to see which was better ArchonvsBard). Lowest dps yesterday in all dungeons on bosses and highest dps on bosses in dungeons was : 673 - 951 Today = 634 - 1189.

Now i don't do this spreadsheet stuff and comparing millions of numbers and shiiit but well.... Archon seems better also cos while running archon on bosses i was doing above 400 dps each time And thats also on fights where i had to keep spamming Vilespores to keep people alive.

My Build : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...esRfiqkrz.xdhu
    Last edited by Onideath; 03-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Soulwalker

I also play a chloro in T1's and I always run Chloro/Archon we never have a bard but we never fail either. maintaining the buffs is quite irritating but man the amount of buffs i can give the group is immense, i know a bard can do mosts but such things as maintaining 5% to dmge and crit and 10% SP to me on boss fights for a full miniute and 15% to sp and attack power is great.

Also you gain some defensive spells such as 10% dmge reduction from a target, and 10% of your health as a shield on tank!

It really is all personal choice some claim that chloro's are only ever a support healer but if this is true I'm one support that keeps everyone alive
    Last edited by joeldamole; 03-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.

The spell : Flaring Power is also very nice for when everybody pops cooldowns the bosses fly down fast.

Quote Originally Posted by joeldamole View Post
    I also play a chloro in T1's and I always run Chloro/Archon we never have a bard but we never fail either. maintaining the buffs is quite irritating but man the amount of buffs i can give the group is immense, i know a bard can do mosts but such things as maintaining 5% to dmge and crit and 10% SP to me on boss fights for a full miniute and 15% to sp and attack power is great.

Also you gain some defensive spells such as 10% dmge reduction from a target, and 10% of your health as a shield on tank!

It really is all personal choice some claim that chloro's are only ever a support healer but if this is true I'm one support that keeps everyone alive

Not just are we support that keeps the group alive we are also support that does very surprising dps on bosses... Aoe is shocking :X

Rift Disciple

There is no "Better".. the answer is very simple. IF you can put out enough healing (Through gear/skill) as an archon sub, then obviously archon is better. Archon offers so much more to the group than a warlock sub.

IF you are struggling healing, then there is no doubt a warlock sub can put out significantly more healing than an archon sub, through opportunity and warlock armor and such.

Personally I can solo heal all tier 1s with a 34 chloro /32 archon build. I offer my groups many useful things with this build. And when I do tier 2s, I can take a support role to a cleric, and am superior to a bard in every way.. Better healing, better buffs, better debuffs.. this is why bards are not popular in tier 2 content.

Archon is a very viable sub if you can heal well enough without relying on warlock.

Plane Touched

It depends on the group setup. If you have buffs and utility covered by other people then by all means go 100% healbot as a Chlorolock. But the point of going with either Archon or Necro as a secondary is (obviously) that there's tons of **** they can do other than healing.

As for the DPS thing, going with Warlock as secondary basically means that your abysmal DPS will now be abysmal DPS with a cherry on top. Single target it gets outperformed any day of the week by a Chloro/Necro thanks to the rogue pet, and even though I haven't bothered with the math I'm willing to bet that all the buffs and debuffs you bring as an Archon adds more to the overall damage output of the group than the Warlock does.

Do you actually think that Chloro/Lock is better than Chloro/Archon...
    I mean really? 16% damage buff translates into more healing THROUGH LGV. Oh amazing you pulled 350 DPS, I do 300 DPS as Chloro/Archon, while giving my entire party 48 Endurance, 52 Wis/Int/Str/Dex, 39 to all resistance, and 500 armor.

Since I have 32 points into Archon, I have Flaring Power, which is another 15% AP and SP increase for 20 seconds. Also I can AoE dispel and purge.

There really is no comparison. Lock gets SLIGHTLY more self DPS at the entire groups expense.

Shadowlander

is Chloro/Archon also viable for solo questing/leveling? I am now lvl 30 and a bit bored of the necr/lock build. Would anyone be kind enough to post a chloro/archon and/or chloro/lock build for lvl 30, 40 and 50? (much asked, I know...)

thanx in advance!

Chlorolock is by far better.

You can aoe if you need to, your heals are higher damage and oppertunity is nice.

very useful in some t2's to beable to do proper dps on the adds and still mainheal over some little buffs for the group.
    Last edited by Arcanas; 03-19-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Chloro/Archon is not BAD by any means. Its a very useful spec, and one of the best support builds. Sure you can still have great healing with it. All you really need for that is Chloro. But if you are the solo healer in a group, you will never output the same healing as a pure Chloro/Lock. If you think you can, you never tried it. And all those Archon buffs are great, but what happens when someone goes for a quick afk right before a boss, or someone does something stupid and the group wipes on a boss. Now your Archon buffs are gone, and forget putting them up during the fight if you actually plan on healing. Passive buffs are just more practical. And opportunity procs constantly, allowing for movement and more overall healing output.

Plane Touched

chloro/archon is probably better for most 5 mans, the buffs that it brings stack with bard buffs and you do more than enough healing to solo heal most t2's regardless. in a raid situation i would say that chloro/lock is better becuase they changed how power in numbers works with other archon's auras. The only upside to running chloro/lock is the survivablity really, it may do slightly more healing overall but its largely unnecessary for the current expert's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast