+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of this nonsense pyromancer garbage

Rift Chaser

Default Get rid of this nonsense pyromancer garbage

1. Ground of strength has NO diminishing returns. You can stun lock a player from 100% to 0% even if it takes 100 hits to do it, as long as dice are rolling in your favor the opponent will be stunned forever.

2. The GoS proc can happen off any tick of Fire Storm, basically making pyromancer an Aoe stunning machine.

3. Archmage Rune Shield does not remove stacks when the mage takes damage, and it doesn't matter how much charge you put into the ability, it's a 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds, and it stacks with valor, and Ground of Strength, effectively making you invincible. Might as well call it Divine Shield.

4. Either Rune Shield or Ground of Strength (probably both) actually reduce the damage taken while holding the fang of Regulos, allowing a pyromancer to hold the fang for the entire match without dieing and getting all 500 points.

So the answer to pyromancer/archmage, how do you deal with them? Lets go through the list:

Can I CC them? - No

Can I kill them? - No

Can I ignore them? - No

So we end up with a class that takes no damage, is immune to all CC (except rift prison and mez effects, for some strange reason), deals insane damage in both single target and aoe fashion, and is passing out stuns like they are halloween candy that don't even trigger DR? Come on Trion, you can do better than this.
    Last edited by DinoSS; 03-19-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Sword of Telara

inspired by the classic warrior/rogue l2p responses:
    maek premaed and dotn let teh mage getz teh fagn!!!!11

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    inspired by the classic warrior/rogue l2p responses:
    maek premaed and dotn let teh mage getz teh fagn!!!!11
    Lol that is a very wise responce... l2p...
    Hell yeah!
    To kill invinceble stunning machine all you need to do is to be also invinceble but you can't stun him... so if you are both invinceble well he can still do something cos you are stuned... I know let's turn godmode on and 1 hit all and be immune to stun and dmg! Let's do that! OH wait... WE CAN'T! Unless we roll Pyro...
    Immune to CC and dmg -> you got it...
    1 hit people -> you got it (it's in this forum, people hit for 2,4k with fireball and 5k+ with cinder bursts-> link: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...fireball-crits )
    oh and we can also stun them if they survive 1st shot...
    L2p is most lame awnser...
    If you can hold fang without heals then it is huge OP...

So plz look at it... Check mechanics and then say if it's ok... Or you rly want to have "I Win" button? where is fun in that?
    Last edited by Mithguar; 03-19-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mithguar View Post
    Lol that is a very wise responce... l2p...
    Hell yeah!
    To kill invinceble stunning machine all you need to do is to be also invinceble but you can't stun him... so if you are both invinceble well he can still do something cos you are stuned... I know let's turn godmode on and 1 hit all and be immune to stun and dmg! Let's do that! OH wait... WE CAN'T! Unless we roll Pyro...
    Immune to CC and dmg -> you got it...
    1 hit people -> you got it (it's in this forum, people hit for 2,4k with fireball and 5k+ with cinder bursts-> link: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...fireball-crits )
    oh and we can also stun them if they survive 1st shot...
    L2p is most lame awnser...
    If you can hold fang without heals then it is huge OP...
    My response was intended to be silly and lame, just like the responses of those warriors and rogues who think it's okay to oneshot or stunlock people to death.

If the stun from GoS is not affected by the DR then it will be fixed eventually. If Runeshield is bugged then it will be fixed way before any other broken mage abilities.

By the way you CAN'T crit for 2400 with FB without power up and you most likely still have to use Ground of Power instead of Ground of Strength to do it so you won't have damage reduction and stuns. And the star aligment must be damn good to oneshot someone with pyro.

Yeah, GoS might be a bit out of line but so is Bull Rush+Titan Strike and Blast Charge+Detone yet every Warrior and Rogue thinks it's okay for them to oneshot everyone but it's a crime if someone else can do it too once in a while.
    Last edited by hopp; 03-19-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mithguar View Post
    So plz look at it... Check mechanics and then say if it's ok... Or you rly want to have "I Win" button? where is fun in that?
    No I don't want an "I Win" button. I've never specced GoS, I play Chloro/Lock and Necro/Lock.

Soulwalker

You can mana wrench them but they usually tend to notice and then fulminate my *****.Reflective command helps on this one sometimes though.

Telaran

I roll Rogue and i don't use Sabo as it's nowhere near rogue play style i like, Sabo need nerf same as Champ and Pyro.

Let's all say NO to IWIN buttons!!!

And i think Mage is about only calling that should be able to 1hit someone... But the invinceble part is what is wrong...
    Last edited by Mithguar; 03-19-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Sword of Telara

Oh and a little secret I forgot to mention in my previous post. DISPEL. GoS is dispellable. There's your balance.

Did someone playing a warrior or rogue just complain about pyro stunlock? ROFL!

Please. The chance of a pyro stunlocking you 100-0 is astronomically low unless you suck and ignore the mage while he hammers away at you. The chance of you stunlocking a mage NOT in GOS from 100-0 is almost an absolute certainty. Instead of *****ing about mages, how bout you advocate (on the pvp forums) to get CC in general nerfed, ESPECIALLY stuns! Including your own broken BS stuns.

Now stop trolling our forums.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

with Pyro's cast times a warrior/ rogue could also interrupt or los the cast.

This is almost as sad of post as the rogue QQing about the flag not stealthing along with him so that he could run the flag without being detected. Seriously ladies, is being OP against mages not enough for you, maybe you should one shot us with a mere glance? Would that make you happy?

Bizzare. as little as a week ago I was being flamed by many players for daring to say that the pyromancer did not need to be buffed; now its all about nerfing the pyromancer.

yet the class itself hasnt changed.

all very amusing.
    RIFT Whitefall server / Pandemik / Mage (Pyromancer) Level 10-50 in warfronts. 300k favour earnt before hitting lvl 50 / Guild Black Company
    First player on Whitefall pvp server to reach 5000 pvp kills (Cutthroat). 25k+ pvp kills now pugged the whole way - single target only.

WAR Karak Eight Peaks and Karak Norn EU servers / Pandemic / Bright Wizard / Guild Black Company
    DAOC Excalibur EU server / Pandemic / Troll Warrior / Guild Black Company

Omg l2p, made premade and kill him. Thats all

Greetings for all rogues/warriors XD

Here's your response sponsored by;

voidknights:

omg l2p get your team to kill him rofl, it's not a 1v1 game!

or the usual Champion response regarding charge + stunlock to death:

ROFL l2p use stun break and move out of his killing zone, srsly, you can easily stay out of range. All you "insert x class here" just need to l2p!

or alternatively the grand favorite Saboteur response:

LOL just dispel his GoS, just dispel it. l2p lol noobs.

See, from my point of view it looks like all issues on these forums are just l2p issues. Don't you agree?
    WAR: FLAMING RR79 BW | Stop Hammertime RR63 IB
    Aion: Flaming 50 Sorc | Yowza 50 Assassin/50 Gladiator

Flamu <Happy Hour> - Prestige Rank 6 - Whitefall PvP

Champion

"Please Please Please take away one of the ONLY competative pvp aspects of mages...i hate having to compete on my warrior" -OP

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bronthion View Post
    Omg l2p, made premade and kill him. Thats all

Greetings for all rogues/warriors XD

I do have this wicked smile on my face, especially against that champ posting on general discussion "omg give me a break already if you dont like the current warrior status either go back to wow or roll a warrior yourself!"

Hi op, "omg give me a break already if you dont like gos either go back to wow or roll a mage yourself!"

How does it feel now, ****faces?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast