+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ground of Power OP

Telaran

Default Ground of Power OP

Ground of Power this skill is so OP it hurts. It is too great. Mages are suppouse to have over the top dps (some pyro can hit over 5k). As i play Rogue i don't mind being even 1 hited by mage cos mage SHOULD have power to kill fast but, to be immune to CC and reduce dmg is little too much. Basicly i sneak and can't eather dps him down (30% dmg reduction), or stun/silence him. i can just hit him some and then get stuned/killed. As he can cast normally while i'm close. I can out range him on MM soul but then he blinks and make another ground so fast it hurts, and the time i go out of range i'm dead (MM is also squishe as hell).
    So eather cast time of ground should be longer or some CC scould be allowed like knock back or stun. In compare other callings skills that make you immune for CC last 8 sec not more. Perma CC immune = OP. Also most calling CC immune don't save you from fear and such...
    Or remove dmg reduction and add let's say bonus dmg. Cos so far i don't see a way rogue can beat a pyromancer. Sabo maybe...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mithguar View Post
    Ground of Power this skill is so OP it hurts. It is too great. Mages are suppouse to have over the top dps (some pyro can hit over 5k). As i play Rogue i don't mind being even 1 hited by mage cos mage SHOULD have power to kill fast but, to be immune to CC and reduce dmg is little too much. Basicly i sneak and can't eather dps him down (30% dmg reduction), or stun/silence him. i can just hit him some and then get stuned/killed. As he can cast normally while i'm close. I can out range him on MM soul but then he blinks and make another ground so fast it hurts, and the time i go out of range i'm dead (MM is also squishe as hell).
    So eather cast time of ground should be longer or some CC scould be allowed like knock back or stun. In compare other callings skills that make you immune for CC last 8 sec not more. Perma CC immune = OP. Also most calling CC immune don't save you from fear and such...
    Or remove dmg reduction and add let's say bonus dmg. Cos so far i don't see a way rogue can beat a pyromancer. Sabo maybe...
    I get killed in my GoS so freaking fast it isnt funny. GoS is not OP. When you have ~3800hp you need some kind of armor buff.

Telaran

Then i gues they just rly need to fix Rogue... Cos rogue can't take your 3800 hp faster then you take his...

Plane Touched

Then i gues they just rly need to fix Rogue... Cos rogue can't take your 3800 hp faster then you take his...
    Sabos can, and usually do. Those damn charges are usually what does it. If your in a PvP 1v1 scenario things could get ugly for ya but you dont have to worry about the pyro chasing after you in their GoS.

GoS isn't OP. Try killing the healer behind the Mage making them look invincible.
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

GOS reminds me of the stage set up in the middle of town square where they execute the witches and burn them at the stake. Casting it is like shining a HUGE spotlight on yourself that screams" MEE MEEE KILL MEEE!"
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Sword of Telara

Take a Squishy mage in a dress...

Put him in a bright circle with cross hairs on it...

Now remove 9% of his hps.

This is your mage with a 30% reduction in dmg against him. He's already starting out with 9% less hp than anyone else in the game.

Even doing 30% less, you can handle him I'm sure if you really think about it. If he's that much better than you, don't try it alone.

I'll respond for this topic like all warriors/rogues are responding for "mage is underpowered" topics.

Lol man, l2p really, make premade and faceroll him.

Rift Chaser

terrible thread terrible OP and I play stormcaller

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by adeQuaTe View Post
    GoS isn't OP. Try killing the healer behind the Mage making them look invincible.
    Sirsly...

If it isn't 1vs1 i don't even come near... Kill healer? With Rogue? Not being boring and totally not rogue like sabo? Can't do that. and you may have 3,8k hp... I have not more then 4,5k. Got crited with fireballs for over 2,4k wihle i crit for 1,5k if lucky, under 1k mostly(with finisher).

It's not rly a matter of l2p. If by any chance Rogue can kill it's thx to CC... and here we have CC immune...

So eather it need nerf or Rogue buff (propably 2nd one). Please take a look just how many times you die in your ground killed by non-sabo rogue.

Not talking about Warrior... He can hammer down prty much everything...
    Last edited by Mithguar; 03-19-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Got crited with fireballs for over 2,4k wihle i crit for 1,5k if lucky, under 1k mostly(with finisher).

It's not rly a matter of l2p. If by any chance Rogue can kill it's thx to CC... and here we have CC immune...
    2.4k fireballs. HAHAHAHA. I'm sorry but that's almost as funny as you complaining about ground of power (I assume you mean ground of strength but you're so confused I'm not certain what you're complaining about).

Small tip, next time research the actual name of an ability before you make a nerf thread, helps your credibility a lot.
    WAR: FLAMING RR79 BW | Stop Hammertime RR63 IB
    Aion: Flaming 50 Sorc | Yowza 50 Assassin/50 Gladiator

Flamu <Happy Hour> - Prestige Rank 6 - Whitefall PvP

Sword of Telara

Then just ignore him. This really is a issue of l2p. As a rogue you can always get the 1st hit in on a mage.

I guarantee that if you're wanting to PvP as a rogue and you've got a spec set up for 1v1 fighting (damage oriented) you will own that mage. You just might have to think a little more about it.

And if you can't take him in a GoS, you need to ignore him, if for some reason you just absolutely have to kill him... pick up another soul config, switch it in your spawn, then go gank him with that.

I'm willing to bet if you go back and look at your "fireball" damage it was probably cinder burst. If you can only crit for 1.5k, you're still doing nearly half his hp in a crit (which was same as his) and this is without a 8 second, or even 2s cast time.

omg omg OMG OMG, mages have 1 good ability out of every soul available to them!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFF

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1986 View Post
    omg omg OMG OMG, mages have 1 good ability out of every soul available to them!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFF
    wrong, but apparently every calling needs at least one newb friendly spec that for some reason is also the most powerful of the calling. Rogues have bard or sabo, Wars have champ or riftblade, Mages have 44 pyro+dom... hmm, I can't think of one for clerics.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 03-19-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Sword of Telara

if pyro is the most powerful of the callings, it's like being the smartest kid on the shortbus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast