+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First mages said all mages were terrible in pve and pvp

Shield of Telara

Default First mages said all mages were terrible in pve and pvp

Then a pro got 50 and showed them all wrong with 44 pyromancer using ground of strength

Then they all said mages could not do competetive dps compared to warriors/rogues

Then a pro got 50 in top 7th guild and did top dps on warlock/necro

Do mages REALLY need buffs? it seems the only people complaining about mages are no skilled no named idiot forum whiners, the actuall players and pros are dominating with OP mage buiilds and toping charts, why exactly should trion or me listen to all these bads spouting off who have no idea how to play the game?

In PvP, we have ONE viable spec...maybe two if you count the dominator I guess.

In PvE, that mage from the #7 guild you are talking about...he does REALLY AVERAGE dps. The rogues and warriors in his parser are REALLY bad, they should all be around 800-900+ dps single target. It's easy to look good on a parser when everyone else in it is terrible...

Right now,in PvE, chloro and archon are good specs doing what they were intended to do. Pyro, necro,warlock,whatever else you want to put in there, does at best,if played flawless, AVERAGE dps that will always be subpar to other callings if played by people with the same amount of skill.
    Last edited by deveilblad; 03-18-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Shadowlander

One borderline broken ability in one soul out of 8 does not cover up the lack of real synergy between souls, the lower than expected dps and extreme squishiness. Also, PvE has never been the main problem.

So mages are fine as long as they dump 44 points into a specific soul. Okay.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Then a pro got 50 and showed them all wrong with 44 pyromancer using ground of strength

Then they all said mages could not do competetive dps compared to warriors/rogues

Do mages REALLY need buffs? it seems the only people complaining about mages are no skilled no named idiot forum whiners, the actuall players and pros are dominating with OP mage buiilds and toping charts, why exactly should trion or me listen to all these bads spouting off who have no idea how to play the game?
    Each word of this that I read makes me lose more faith in our player base.... .... .... I mean ugg really? Really? I honestly want to know if this made sense in your head when you were typing this? Or are you just trolling? I'm sorry I don't mean to offend, but really?

First rogues said they suck in PvP, then a pro discovered the keyboard
    First warriors said they suck everywhere, then a pro found out warriors can equip weapons.

Champion

Pyromancer isn't the entire mage calling.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    First rogues said they suck in PvP, then a pro discovered the keyboard
    First warriors said they suck everywhere, then a pro found out warriors can equip weapons.

Come on now, that's not fair. Rift Blades don't need to have weapons equipped.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

1-mmo's don't take skill. Seriously, especially with a 1.5 sec gcd on attacks there is so much room for error its not even funny. Even getting my glad title in wow =/= skill. Just roll fotm comp and burn raiting gg.
    2- no mage it toping charts ... there have been countless posts of mage parses that have 600-700 dps maybe a bit more, the other classes have 1000+ dps in same or worse gear. Keep in mind actual game mechanics as well (you can't move around as a mage and do good dps its just impossible, where other classes dont really have that problem)
    3- No mage spec is op, there are some that are decent yes, but overall 2-3 specs total out of all the soul combos is not really appealing to most people.
    4- Have u even played a mage at 50 ? Pyro dps is terribad. Ground of strength included.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    So mages are fine as long as they dump 44 points into a specific soul. Okay.
    What, you only have one role?

It seems pretty obvious, even to a nubbin like me, that every mage soul has its strengths and its weaknesses. And the obvious intent is to *gasp* use the other 2 souls, *gasp* your teammates and *gasp* the other roles to shore up the weaknesses and specialize for the task at hand

*gasp* sorry, the shock is making me short of breath *gasp*

Sword of Telara

Just a troll, nothing to see here.

it's pretty much universally understood that even with a pyromancer your DPS will be less than a warrior or a rogue.

Being top DPS in a situation where you can ae or dealing with lazy players is not "pro" it's situational.

Any warrior or Rogue in similiar gear and skill will not do similiar dps as a mage but exceed it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
    What, you only have one role?

It seems pretty obvious, even to a nubbin like me, that every mage soul has its strengths and its weaknesses. And the obvious intent is to *gasp* use the other 2 souls, *gasp* your teammates and *gasp* the other roles to shore up the weaknesses and specialize for the task at hand

*gasp* sorry, the shock is making me short of breath *gasp*
    Then explain why pets suck in all callings, that certain abilities don't scale compared to their counterparts in the cleric calling, and that it seems spellpower is not a significant contributor to base or crit damage? Oh wait, you never thought this through have you? Nevermind, you're a frelling idiot.

Rift Disciple

I really want to see a rogue parse for 800 and more dps in a 10 min fight. I just dont believe it , rogues just scale as bad as mages do. In T1-T2 gear I tend to out dps some rogue builds. The only real single target dps class in this game is the warrior.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by xarael View Post
    Then explain why pets suck in all callings, that certain abilities don't scale compared to their counterparts in the cleric calling, and that it seems spellpower is not a significant contributor to base or crit damage? Oh wait, you never thought this through have you? Nevermind, you're a frelling idiot.
    Spellpower = bug according to y'all so I play as it is and wait for a fix or statement it's intended. Win / Win for me either way.

Abilities not scaling to cleric counterparts: Which soul in cleric vs which soul in mage? And if we're talking Chloromancer, it's not the standard "Mallet weilding heal dispenser". So yeah, xxx chloromancer ability doesn't scale well with yyy (err... which cleric soul again?). But what can chloromancer do that (there's that unnamed soul in cleric that's allegedly a mirror copy of chloro issue again) can't do?

Pets: My pet experience is purely WoW hunter based. And there were plenty times my pet was a liability (or a good distraction while I hauled elf butt).

Is mage perfect? Hell no. Never said that nor will I. I can easily believe in a couple places Trion forgot to carry the 1 (or forgot what happens when they do carry the 1). But a lot of the complaints I see here are people that want their one soul to be equal to an entire calling. Or want that one soul to come out on top regardless of the situation, even when that situaiton is outside the blatantly obvious intent for the soul

Sword of Telara

I'd love to see the parse that shows a mage at 800dps that's not doing aes...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast