+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I was expecting the worst.

Plane Touched

Default I was expecting the worst.

I had leveled a warrior up to 32 when one of my good friends decided to buy RIFT. I made a new character to level up with him. I decided to roll a mage since there appeared to be a lack of them. Reading the forums had convinced me before I had even started that mages were terrible, had no dps and were fodder in PvP.

I'm level21 now and I'm still waiting to see this perceived mage weakness. I managed to hold my own just fine in the lvl20-29 bracket as a lvl20, even topping damage/skills on several occasions.

I'm now a little baffled as to why mages swear black and blue that they're gimped.

You trollinz.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    You trollinz.
    How so?

/10char

Everyone else is wrong, including the lead guy Hartsman that alluded to mage problems.
    You're just that good and we're all that bad.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Everyone else is wrong, including the lead guy Hartsman that alluded to mage problems.
    You're just that good and we're all that bad.
    But the problem with that is MMO's have a very low skill ceiling. A good player and a bad player aren't much different. But at least 1-30 mages seem like a very solid soul capable of doing well PvP.

Shield of Telara

It happens in every mmo with the mage class and mage player, mages are so used to having easy mode from thier previous games, if mage take just an ounce of skill or work they all come to the mage forum and say mage is the worst class most useless thing they ever saw, even though theyve been proven wrong by level 50 pyromancers and necro/locks many many times

They need ez mode, or they wont stop whining, this is why most devs give in because they are tired of mages flooding the forums with constant whines about how bad they are

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    It happens in every mmo with the mage class and mage player, mages are so used to having easy mode from thier previous games, if mage take just an ounce of skill or work they all come to the mage forum and say mage is the worst class most useless thing they ever saw, even though theyve been proven wrong by level 50 pyromancers and necro/locks many many times

They need ez mode, or they wont stop whining, this is why most devs give in because they are tired of mages flooding the forums with constant whines about how bad they are
    Yes, we already know that all the skilled players chose Warrior.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Yes, we already know that all the skilled players chose Warrior.
    To be perfectly honest I'm having an easier time with my mage in the low 20's than I had with my warrior. The warrior had less keys/abilities to monitor though.

Talking

You gotta share your build bro so I can stand a chance against these lvl 49 flying warriors man.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    You gotta share your build bro so I can stand a chance against these lvl 49 flying warriors man.
    I'm only level 22 so far, and I don't have a solid build nailed down yet(Especially not a lvl50 one ). I'm often using pyro/archmage stormcaller/warlock and warlock/necro at the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by xPencilx View Post
    I'm only level 22 so far, and I don't have a solid build nailed down yet(Especially not a lvl50 one ). I'm often using pyro/archmage stormcaller/warlock and warlock/necro at the moment though.
    lol I see.

I mean I was tearing it up in low lvl pvp as well, but around 35 melee just completely destroy everything. It's definitely a lot different than 22, believe me.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    lol I see.

I mean I was tearing it up in low lvl pvp as well, but around 35 melee just completely destroy everything. It's definitely a lot different than 22, believe me.
    Well I'll see when I get there. Since the start all I've heard is mages whining about all brackets 1-50. I'm no longer believing any of it until I can try it myself.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xPencilx View Post
    I had leveled a warrior up to 32 when one of my good friends decided to buy RIFT. I made a new character to level up with him. I decided to roll a mage since there appeared to be a lack of them. Reading the forums had convinced me before I had even started that mages were terrible, had no dps and were fodder in PvP.

I'm level21 now and I'm still waiting to see this perceived mage weakness. I managed to hold my own just fine in the lvl20-29 bracket as a lvl20, even topping damage/skills on several occasions.

I'm now a little baffled as to why mages swear black and blue that they're gimped.
    which warrior soul were you playing? It's only a few of the souls that are grossly overpowered, such as, rift/reaver champ/anything, the paragon ability..if you were playing a paladin you may not notice much difference except your survivability drops on the mage.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    which warrior soul were you playing? It's only a few of the souls that are grossly overpowered, such as, rift/reaver champ/anything, the paragon ability..if you were playing a paladin you may not notice much difference except your survivability drops on the mage.
    Riftblade and champ. I usually used Riftblade from x5-x9, and champ from x6-x9 since it scales better with gear.

Mid-Late 20's is when you'll start feeling how poor your armor level is. Unless of course you're the NecroLock build that is ez mode to level with (I'm lookin @ YOU Soul Purge) in which case you really won't feel underpowered. Try a SC, or an Elementalist when you hit about 25 or so, you'll go straight back to NecroLock in no time flat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast