+ Reply to Thread

Thread: at wits end

Shadowlander

Default at wits end

i just cant seem to find a spec that can work leveling except necro/lock. I've tried everything spend a bloody fortune changing and trying and I hate it. I can play a mage dps in everyother game ive tried and cant figure it out and do well enough to enjoy playing, but her in this game i think it just sucks. The higher I go the less able the mage can level. and god mob snipers are ungodly if you get two on you you are dead if my necro didnt have FD i would have quit the game immedatly.

Mages suck, i am getting this one to 50 and probably just head back to eq2, he should be there before i have to start paying

bleh sorry

just go necro lock, and if you are already planning on getting this one to 50 than i promise you that once you're there you wont want to quit. mages get considerably stronger 40-50

im topping the damage meters in my guild and raids

Plane Touched

[QUOTE=Potestas;1750879]i just cant seem to find a spec that can work leveling except necro/lock. I've tried everything spend a bloody fortune changing and trying and I hate it. I can play a mage dps in everyother game ive tried and cant figure it out and do well enough to enjoy playing, but her in this game i think it just sucks. The higher I go the less able the mage can level. and god mob snipers are ungodly if you get two on you you are dead if my necro didnt have FD i would have quit the game immedatly.

Mages suck, i am getting this one to 50 and probably just head back to eq2, he should be there before i have to start paying

bleh sorry[/QUOTE

I like pyro/chloro for pve

Sword of Telara

Did you play the original Everquest at all? If the answer is yes, then you shouldn't be bothered at all here. You're really supposed to group here in this game. (there's only bonuses for grouping, no negatives...)

Second, Elemental summoner is just fine for soloing. Pyro is just fine (was tricker before burning bonds became unbreakable)

I realise we're "ascended" but taking more than one on as a mage with some souls is just hard, but 1v1 you can clean pve mobs clocks everyday.

Cholormancer 16+ (AE spores req.) / Warlock 16+

This spec will be able to kill small groups of mobs (ie. even level non elite invasions) and come out with 100% health.

More warlock with levels gets more potent peaks around 34 points, you could go for 44 for AE fear, or stay at 34 and go 32 chloro for massive healing power.

Use LOS to clump up archer mobs, and AE them down with spores healing you for more damage than the mobs can do.

Soulwalker

After about 6 plat in respecing I settled on Ele, Dom, Chloro.

Not as easy or efficient as Lock necro, but a different play style that I enjoyed more. Primary in Elemental since the whole tree feeds so much off of itself, and a few in Dom for the better CC and Int Bonus, Chloro is just for the healing buff.

Fun effective, and a bit more challenging than some builds.

Lock/Chloro is great for solo. Can take on groups of 4-5 mobs np. Also a great anti-gank build for rogues that like to jump you while your fighting a mob. They rarely try it more than once.

Necro/Lock is good, but a bit overrated imo. Then again, I'm not a big fan of pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Potestas View Post
    and god mob snipers are ungodly if you get two on you you are dead
    Fear one and watch him run around in circle while you kill the other.

I'm going to say LTP.

Honestly mage became more capable as I got more towards 50 , getting AOE's and self healing option.

Plane Touched

Elementalist / Chloromancer here.

Very good combo. The pet takes all of the damage and around level 20, you get some passive abilities that buff up your pet and you get the greater version of your pet. You will also get a spell to heal your pet pretty fast.

The chloromancer offers a direct target heal that works pretty well and has some abilities that upgrade it. Your survivability goes way up.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josgar View Post
    Elementalist / Chloromancer here.

Very good combo. The pet takes all of the damage and around level 20, you get some passive abilities that buff up your pet and you get the greater version of your pet. You will also get a spell to heal your pet pretty fast.

The chloromancer offers a direct target heal that works pretty well and has some abilities that upgrade it. Your survivability goes way up.
    More like pet splits the damage with me, since I have agro half the time.

Still works though. I tank just about as well as my pet anyways.
    The greatest mistake wizards make is to think they can change the world
    The greatest mistake the gods make is to allow a few of them to get away with it.

Shadowlander

I levelled from 1-50 using either Ele/Lock or Ele/Chloro. It works just fine. Greater Earth Ele can tank elites easy and groups too. Just need to be clever with your aggro management.

+ Reply to Thread