+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Necro/Warlock question

Soulwalker

Default New Necro/Warlock question

Should my 3rd role bo Dom or Chlor? Also what tree should I start investing points in 1st? Any help would be appreciated.

Soulwalker

Dominator for squirrel and instant direct damage. Finish necro tree first its way better for leveling.

Everything i cast as a necro/lock is instant except for soul purge. The only time i ever stop moving is to soul purge. Only cast bolts when opportunity procs.

Soulwalker

Default Agree

Ya that's what I did too. I went Necro/lock/dom for the poly, for me it works better on a pvp server in case you need or for to many pulls.

I went 5/5 Death's ally to start and a couple points in lock tree for improved leech to get dark touch to help out. After that I've been going back into the necro tree for flesh rot ect.

Send pet out, dot up like crazy and move on.

Soulwalker

Anyone have some sample builds through like level 20 maybe?

Rift Master

Check this one: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zwvR.b.0M.Vds

Its chloro/nec/lock... its really low level... but that is what you asked for.

I used this at that level.

I found i was a grinding powerhouse. Even at low levels i would take on many multiple mobs. With all the healing this build has it was super easy. Dot up and send pet... dot up next mob... dot up third mob... bolt third mob a bit... pet is on second mob... dot up fourth mob... and so on... and so on.

The survivability is HUGE.

The ability to top the charts in rifts and get great rewards is huge. The ability to heal all dungeons is huge.

I have made a necro/lock/archon build as well that i have really liked... but i didn't do this till i was about level 22 or 23.
    Here: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zwvz.xbcpVzo.bf

once i got going in the questing i always had the max archon buffs on me which is nice (pillaging stone and searing vitality). it also gave me another instant cast dot which i really like.

this build killed faster than my chloro build but didn't seem to be able to take on as many mobs at the same time as my chloro could. however it was faster and i never needed to fight that many mobs at the same time.

if you get enough points in lock to get mortality (20 points) it opens up a whole new world i destroying pve mobs.

i never used the necro tank pet i always used the best dps pet i had. chloro healing and soul purge are all i needed to tank the mobs.

plague bolt sucks badly and hurts deep deep down. don't use it. stack DC with grave rot.

you can often grave rot and necrosis and even looming demise before your pet gets to the mob or the mob to your pet allowing all his abilities to hit really hard right off.

I take Dom as my 3rd soul. I Pve and PvP with the same spec. At level 34 atm my breakdown is
    21 Necro/22 Lock/ 2 Dom.

Gives me Pet upgrade, working towards warlock armor and 2 in Dom give me a knockback.

In PvE, easy as pie as one would suspect. In PvP, I do very well, Instant cast dots, pet for extra dot, Nueral Prod for kiting spell, Opp. procs for longer cast like wither, void bolt. I consistantly win 2v1's. Once you get Life Shift, even better.

Disclaimer: I dont give a **** what PvP is like at 50 atm. Im not 50 yet. So please no, thats horrible at 50.

Soulwalker

Thanks all for the input, keep it coming.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Warbred View Post
    Thanks all for the input, keep it coming.
    I solo'd 1-50 with Necro/Warlock/Archon.

Archon is by far the best third soul. 55 endurance and the int buff is amazing. Pillaging stone is amazing when opportunity procs. I love archon as a third soul, I tried dom and chloro and i found both lacking when compared to archon.

+ Reply to Thread