+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro PvP Healing

Default Chloro PvP Healing

So.. I was Chloro-PvP-Healing the other day. TBH: i tried it out on my friends mage, who is already 50. I got firsttargetted very often - mages are squishy and mages who throw around green leaves add to that, I guess.
    So the full (or very heavy) chlorobuild didnt do it. I couldnt stay alive long enough.

This is what worked for me and I wanted to share the build to discuss. It has no PvPsoul because I couldnt try that one out. So it may a build for PvPstarters without rank. Anyways: I got more armor, more spelldmg->morehealage, more endurance. It kept me alive MUCH longer:
    Chloro 34/Warlock30

I picked a fellow healer for the synthesis or whoever else was around long enough. Then it was just the macro:
    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Ruin
    cast Vile Spores

thats: AE radiant spores, ruin whenever it is up, otherwise vile spores. big healage via warlockenhanced spelldamage + opportunity (which triggers quite often).
    I seldom use the dots but the macro is

#show Withering Vine
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Withering Vine

Selfexplanary, I guess.

Fear and Wither (warlock stuff) are my friends for some cheap CC. The squirrel (0 point dom) is .. well.. its better than nothing, right? Sacrifice Life: Mana I use to keep me up and running. Sacrifice Life: Damage is ok when not targetted.
    Bloom and Flourish whenever possible. I cleanse a lot, too.

Since Im leveling a mage now myself Id like some help and suggestions, please.

bah, edit didnt work.

The dot-thing:
    nature's fury is not a dot, of course. It is AE. It just didnt fit in the basic macro because of the casting time. The basic macro is for cheap, fast dmg-healage.

About nature's touch:
    The cast time was too long to get it. In PvP that didnt work. I dont know if it does in PvE, especially with the synthesis-based points in it.

Try this instead for PvP: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.gdIuoA0zoo.b

From the Chloro side of things...
    1. Nature's Touch is a must: it's the best single target healing nuke you have
    2. Essence Surge is perhaps the best "Oh ****!" skill in the game. I rund around with ~5500 HPs so it will heal anyone for 5500...instant cast, 2 minute cd... don't leave home without it.
    3. Natural Fusion is a synthesis enhancer that I consider a PvE instance skill...maybe in a premade? Wasted points imho
    4. Living Shell is not just an excellent damage shield, it will also take your mana from 0 to full. Also a must.
    5. Wild Growth is also nice to have especially if you use it together with Corrosion when there are enemies (and hopefully also friends) near you.

From the Warlock...
    1. Missing Neddra's Essence.... 80% damage reduction...enough said
    2. Missing Dark Fury... I know the stun is short but it's an instant cast interrupt
    3. Missing Choke... 5 second instant silence... one of the better PvP abilities from any soul
    4. Missing Shadow Life... another awesome survibability skill
    5. Personally I like Radiate Death too much to not take it... AOE dark touch and Neddra's Grasp

Otherwise...

Forget the Dominator Squirrel. Unless you go at least 16 points in the Dominator tree to make it instant cast it's worthless. Besides, it's immediately purged by everyone unlike some of the other not so overused debuffs.

Instead, since it's players you'll be targetting, put the remaining points in the Archmage planar attunement for extra 6% damage on everything you have + you have your "get out of jail free" token with Break Free.

It's my chloro PvP build... but hey, you were on the right track.

Cheers!

This is my PvE and PvP healing build. I also run quests and solo invasions/minor rifts (non/easy elietes) with that build.

The 0 point soul is swapped out as needed between Dom, archon, archmage, but usuallly I run dom.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Iselin View Post
    Try this instead for PvP: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.gdIuoA0zoo.b

From the Chloro side of things...
    1. Nature's Touch is a must: it's the best single target healing nuke you have
    2. Essence Surge is perhaps the best "Oh ****!" skill in the game. I rund around with ~5500 HPs so it will heal anyone for 5500...instant cast, 2 minute cd... don't leave home without it.
    3. Natural Fusion is a synthesis enhancer that I consider a PvE instance skill...maybe in a premade? Wasted points imho
    4. Living Shell is not just an excellent damage shield, it will also take your mana from 0 to full. Also a must.
    5. Wild Growth is also nice to have especially if you use it together with Corrosion when there are enemies (and hopefully also friends) near you.

From the Warlock...
    1. Missing Neddra's Essence.... 80% damage reduction...enough said
    2. Missing Dark Fury... I know the stun is short but it's an instant cast interrupt
    3. Missing Choke... 5 second instant silence... one of the better PvP abilities from any soul
    4. Missing Shadow Life... another awesome survibability skill
    5. Personally I like Radiate Death too much to not take it... AOE dark touch and Neddra's Grasp

Otherwise...

Forget the Dominator Squirrel. Unless you go at least 16 points in the Dominator tree to make it instant cast it's worthless. Besides, it's immediately purged by everyone unlike some of the other not so overused debuffs.

Instead, since it's players you'll be targetting, put the remaining points in the Archmage planar attunement for extra 6% damage on everything you have + you have your "get out of jail free" token with Break Free.

It's my chloro PvP build... but hey, you were on the right track.

Cheers!

Im a chlorolock, but only at lvl 24...I find your build interesting...

Can you please post an example of your rotation or priority sequences...??

Thanks for the answer!

The warlock stuff is just for survivability in PvP, not for the true warlock(ish) stuff. And for more spell damage -> more healing. I target everything red that I get (i.e. pets who harrass clerichealers or mages if I cant get to the focus target). My priority is healing and staying alive to do that.

1. Nature's Touch: I tried it. The cast time got me just too often in PvP. In PvE you'll be right, I guess.
    2. Essence Surge: I didnt need that. The panic button is nice to have but in the warfronts it wasnt that necessary. but...
    3. Natural Fusion: yap, you ve got a point there. Maybe I could swap a point to Essence Surge and get the panic button after all.
    4. Living Shell: no mana problems because of warlock. But I could swap another point from Natural Fusion to this. I ll try it out.
    5. Wild Growth: The third point from Natural Fusion could go there. I ll try it out.

So.. after your post it would be like this:
    Warlock 31/Chloro 33
    Changes: to hell with synthesis, more panic buttons. It now includes
    - Neddra's Essence
    - Essence Surge
    - Wild Growth (only vanilla)
    - Living Shell

Quote Originally Posted by 50 percent grey View Post
    Thanks for the answer!

The warlock stuff is just for survivability in PvP, not for the true warlock(ish) stuff. And for more spell damage -> more healing. I target everything red that I get (i.e. pets who harrass clerichealers or mages if I cant get to the focus target). My priority is healing and staying alive to do that.

1. Nature's Touch: I tried it. The cast time got me just too often in PvP. In PvE you'll be right, I guess.
    2. Essence Surge: I didnt need that. The panic button is nice to have but in the warfronts it wasnt that necessary. but...
    3. Natural Fusion: yap, you ve got a point there. Maybe I could swap a point to Essence Surge and get the panic button after all.
    4. Living Shell: no mana problems because of warlock. But I could swap another point from Natural Fusion to this. I ll try it out.
    5. Wild Growth: The third point from Natural Fusion could go there. I ll try it out.

Warlock 31/Chloro 33
    - Neddra's Essence
    - Essence Surge
    - Living Shell
    You're not paying attention to opportunity procs if you're "casting" Nature's Touch.

Neddra's Influence ups your Vines damage and healing. Tab spamming vines will mitigate a lot of incoming DoT and slow AE damage.

Shadow Life is a free full self heal, get this. No question.

Choke is good on someone not sitting in a green circle.

If you're talking about healing you should have Nature's Touch, Synthesis, and Natural Fusion 3/3 in your build. You may need to swap your Synthesis buff, or you can just put it on the Champ/Paragon or Pyro in your group.

I would also pick up draining bolt, it does good damage and is intant which can help proc a opportunity on the move.

Nature's touch in a PvP environment is just as situational as any other nuke that has a cast time: most of the time you'll be using it when Opportunity procs. Your instants are the bread and butter. But it heals you and everyone else for much more than Void Bolt--by a factor of 10X--and if you happen to have your synthesis up on someone near you, it heals them even more.

Although, I have to admit, there are usually enough targets together that I tend to use Opportunity procs with Nature's Fury more often since it hits nearly as hard as NT and on 3 targets... Shrug.

Thanks for the answer!

Warlock 31/Chloro 33
    - Neddra's Essence
    - Essence Surge
    - Living Shell
    Iselin knows his stuff.

My one comment here, speaking as a Chloro/Warlock that PvP's a LOT. (Level 50)

I find Choke to be one of the skills I use a LOT.

I would advise finding a point to put into Warlock to get it.

Anytime you see a caster...go ahead and lead with it. You'll find it is a real killer skill.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Telaran

I agree, since you already have 31 points in WL get the damn silence.
    It's one of the skill you throw on the healer that allows you to take him down.

Nature's Touch: It's a long casttime yes, so is Nature's Fury. It's not THAT useful if you don't have a Synthesis target, but if you do, it's your single best spell, by a huge margin.
    And in maps that require a certain person to be protected above others, like the fang-bearer or flag-carrier, you will be using Synthesis.

Nature's Fury: It's an AoE, that means it's healing component gets cut by 80%. Sure you damage 4 instead of 1 target (if there are even 4 there), still a single Nature's Touch heals more. With Synthesis and Natural Fusion ALOT more.
    Seriously, NF is the spell I could kick from my quickbar the easiest. I'm not there for AOE damage, I'm there to heal, and this spell does a terrible job at it.

Natural Fusion/Synthesis: Get it, unless you only play Codex or other maps that don't have designated "most important people".

Living Shell: It's also a great damage absorb shield. Sure you still die if you get focused by 5 warriors like it seems to happen every time now, but against a single one its worth oh so much. Since I have it, I barely even have to life-tap.

Wild Growth: I never really used it myself, since I burn my charge on Entropic Veil. 20% more damage means 20% more healing. You're still no DPS machine but it helps.

Can't tell you too much about the warlock side in PvP as my spec includes 18 dom to get instant squirrel and a couple of silence and heal debuffs, which is also great for taking down healers, or players that get healed.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Iselin View Post
    Nature's touch in a PvP environment is just as situational as any other nuke that has a cast time: most of the time you'll be using it when Opportunity procs. Your instants are the bread and butter. But it heals you and everyone else for much more than Void Bolt--by a factor of 10X--and if you happen to have your synthesis up on someone near you, it heals them even more.

Although, I have to admit, there are usually enough targets together that I tend to use Opportunity procs with Nature's Fury more often since it hits nearly as hard as NT and on 3 targets... Shrug.
    True, Nature's Fury hits as hard as NT and AoE, but read the description of Lifegiving Veil and what it does to "spells that damage more than one target".

I also disagree about the "only useful with Opportunity". Granted NT is the best spell to fire your Opportunity on, but Chloro's don't have many instants. Ruin. Radient Spores.
    That's pretty much it. And neither of them heals really great.
    All instants from other trees are not doing any Life damage, and are therefor worthless for healing.
    So yeah eventually you have to use NT even if you got no Opp buff.

Shadowlander

I found blight pretty usefull in pvp. Depending on the WF of course but any of the carrier focused ones ie Black Garden or Whitefall Steps it really can be pretty game changing against any sort of organised healing. Most flag/fang carriers you see have banks of hots rolling on them so to strip them all off instantly and apply a 50% healing reduction really throws a spanner in the works.

Up to play style really but I like it as an option.

Soulwalker

Iselin, I have a question about your spec.
    Is 5/5 Call of spring really worth it, considering it only effects direct heals? I know my PvE spec doesn't take it because there are simply more well-spent places to put them.
    This is for PvP, so I imagine more survivability would be nice with resilient or perhaps something else?

Edit: I realized the silly mistake of needing it to go into the higher tiers of the tree. However, I would think 5/5 Accelerated Growth would benefit you moreso.
    Last edited by Ukelele; 03-18-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Shadow Life is a free full self heal, get this. No question.
    Crap, I missed that.

Shadow Life is ESSENTIAL!

Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukelele View Post
    Iselin, I have a question about your spec.
    Is 5/5 Call of spring really worth it, considering it only effects direct heals? I know my PvE spec doesn't take it because there are simply more well-spent places to put them.
    This is for PvP, so I imagine more survivability would be nice with resilient or perhaps something else?
    I personally don't think so.

Too many poins for too little return.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast