+ Reply to Thread

Thread: spec's for leveling with a tank friend

Shadowlander

Default spec's for leveling with a tank friend

I plan to level 100% of the time with a friend, on vent, who is leveling as a Riftstalker(rogue tank). no PVP planned..pve server

we love the play style of questing together while rounding up packs of mobs (4-6) and aoe'ing them down

I need to be reasonable for a) keeping him from dying and b) doing as much aoe dps as possible while he tanks the baddies

we are currently level 28 about to start the SCARLET GORGE quests

I've been playing my cleric Inquisitor/sent up until now trying to catch him up to my mage's level of 29

with cleric and riftstalker it's been so easy to play that style, Vex spam and drain soul aoe with sent heals

but I really want to switch to my mage and continue that play style. i'm thinking 13 choro and rest in stromcaller like so http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zRsy.xdbh..EM0xbzMs

thanks!
    Last edited by Drbuffer; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Put more points into Chloro.

16 gets you Flourish, so it will double your ability to heal spike damage.

ANd Synthesis is the #1 skill you need for Chloro healing...if you don't take that, don't bother taking Chloro at all....it's a compelte waste.

It will also net you some valuable additional healing skills...such as DoT's on Vile Spores and Ruin, and Nature's Touch.

I'd go with this....it should give you GREAT healing power for only 16 points. It's a bargain.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zR__.xdIzo

EDIT: If it is just you two, there is no point in investing in Radiant Spores that much..and NOT putting points into Lifegiving Veil. You'll get a lot more healing AND DPS by going with the build above.
    Last edited by Vihar; 03-18-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Dam edit restrictions!

Just wanted to emphasize that Lifegiving Veil and Synthesis are the two core abilities of Chloromancer.

Those are the FIRST things you put points into...regardless of whatever else you do.
    Last edited by Vihar; 03-18-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread