+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage setup! Help

Soulwalker

Default Mage setup! Help

hey! Right now i'm rolling a setup like this : Necro and pyro. Now i'm going to choose my third.
    Soo.. Anyone have some good ideas? Warlock or dominator maybe?

Ps: looking for a pretty good setup

Soulwalker

First off I believe some folks are going to suggest against such a build because necromancer has much better synergy with Warlock. Which would lead to the suggestion to drop pyromancer all together.

However you are in luck... I recently tried such a build after growing a bit tired of my necro/warlock rotation and really enjoying my pyromancer role but finding it relatively impractical pace wise for PVE. Also I might add I am only 39 at this point so I definitely don't know all the answers, this is just my advice from personal experience.

I digress I would suggest Warlock for sure though I am not sure how much focus you want to put on each soul mine will look something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...xc0Ikzcu.xx0hz

Mind you this is subject to change as I obtain more experience with the build, however my mind set was not to put points into deadly plague as I would get deathly calling from grave rot.

Maxing clattering bones because I'm a sucker for zealot crits from when I was necro/lock.

No points into void bolt because I replaced it with fireball in my rotation when I am not moving.

At least 21 in pyromancer for the pyromancer's armor.

I maxed wildfire because I am partial to it however it might not be absolutely needed. I thought at least 10 in warlock would be crucial for the maxed opportunity which should yield insta-fireballs when proced(at least it worked that way for necro/lock and casting plague bolts).

Top magical affinity for the increased charge so that you can use soul purge often.

I hope we can get some constructive feedback on this non-traditional build. I know a lot of mages have way more experience than I do and wish to learn something as well.

Hopefully this helps!

grab warlock and spec as a necro/lock

it is practically the ONLY way to level, you will thank me later

then when you are level 13 go to meridian or sanctum and grab the rest of your souls, then swap to necro/lock/chloro

trust me

You'll want a chloro spec eventually...

+ Reply to Thread