+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Instant spells CAN NOT be cast while moving... BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rift Master

Default Instant spells CAN NOT be cast while moving... BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, i am mad bro.

I spec chloro and i put the two points into healing slipstream so that i CAN CAST INSTANT HEALS WHILE MOVING INSTANTLY!!!!

Many, many, many, many, way damn way to damn way many too damn many times...

I will be moving and hit the key and nothing will happen and i will get an error message that says "you can't do that while moving". I have check and double check and triple OCD checked my spec and I HAVE HEALING SLIPSTREAM MAXED OUT. It does sometimes instant cast and sometimes it does NOT instant cast. Even when i stand still to cast it then it WILL have the 1 second cast time... and sometimes although i have to stand still it will be instant... but only usable standing still.

GOOD THING THERE WAS A PATCH TODAY!

Why is this horrible terrible craptastic bug still in the game?

It is NOT just on one of my toons. I have a defiant mage AND a guardian mage and on BOTH of them this bug happens.

Iri
    Champion

I've been playing chloromancer since beta 6, and have never once seen this bug. NEVER. However, it seems possible, given that Slipstream-boosted instants will still consume Opportunity procs. Do you have a screenshot or a combat log, something we could examine?
    Last edited by Iri; 03-18-2011 at 02:44 AM.

all those exclamation points highlight the veracity of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    I've been playing chloromancer since beta 6, and have never once seen this bug. NEVER. However, it seems possible, given that Slipstream-boosted instants will still consume Opportunity procs. Do you have a screenshot or a combat log, something we could examine?
    qft

/10char

Rift Master

all the !!!!!!!!!!!!! have nothing to do with the legitimacy of the post. your post calling this out is equally bad. the !!!!!!!!!! are to emphasize that this is frustrating.

trust me, when you need an instant heal on the move in pvp you NEED it.

i have had this happen, as i said in extreme language... many times. this is not some odd one time bug that i am bent about. i kept hoping that would be the case. this has been happening to me MANY times EACH time i play for the last FIVE days. okay? get it? its not a one time isolated event.

some odd bug is fine. whatever no big deal.

i can certainly try to take a screen shot. i am not sure how well this will work. i can defiantly get it to show the "you can't do that while moving" error message on my screen. I haven't checked my logs to see what they say when this is happening yet. i will do that. will it also confirm that i am trying and failing to cast bloom? somehow i doubt it. and the real trick it for the screen shot to show the icon being tapped and not going off. cause some nay sayer will always say that i was trying to cast something else.

i am not. i am trying to cast bloom or flourish. they are specced to be instant. they are instant some of the time and NOT instant at other times and it sucks. as i said, its not an isolated or one time event. if it hasn't happened to you then i wish i had whatever it is you have. it IS happening to me and it IS happening on multiple characters who all have the right requisites to have the instant cast and it happens multiple times each day across several days.

if i spec my spells to be instant i expect them to be instant and not only some of the time.

my spells are all keybound i can see my icon being tapped like the ability is trying to fire and i am getting an error message. its jacked.

Rift Master

i have tried to respec and i have tried using different role spots and the bug resurfaces each time.

It isn't a bug with the role, I already posted on this and was met with silence. Post is found here.

Basically what is happening is, someone is hitting you with a cast time increase ability and it does affect instant casts for some reason. Trion is failing hard at math when its 25% X 0 = 1 second.
    Sebesto - Deepstrike
    If you choose to play on a PvP server, itís our assumption that you not only donít mind that level of interruption from that PvP attack-and-defense style of gameplay, but are actively excited about taking part in it. If you want uninterrupted PvE questing, choosing a PvE server is definitely recommended. - The RIFT Development Team

I've seen this. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having a casting speed debuff on you.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or working as intended but it definitely happens.

edit: Ah, maybe it's the opposite way round like Sebesto said. If it's to do with a casting speed buff then it definitely is a bug.
    Last edited by Xiomaro; 03-18-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

Rift Master

yes i can say that the cast speed debuff is something else that might ALSO be a fail design... but what i am talking about is with NO debuffs to cast time on me at all.

sometimes when i am at a node and nothing is happening i will run around and cast bloom just to see if it works or not. sure enough, many times it works just like it should and many times it get the error message and need to stand still to cast it. there are several times it will tell me i can't do that while moving and then when i stand still it will be instant cast... but still not cast while moving.

so this is different than a cast speed debuff, although that might be a separate troubling issue.

Iri
    Champion

A casting speed debuff... that's amazing. Perfect code, too. My respect for whoever coded those spells just went up.

If it's not a debuff... well, I'd really like a screenshot. Or several. Set up in the middle of nowhere, open and size up your combat log, and click the icon instead of keytapping. Multiple replications of the error would go a long way towards a viable bug report.

Had casttime on Bloom only while focused @ WF. So i think it's cast time debuffs. And it's ok, everything must have counters ^^

Rift Master

will the error show up in the combat log?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hobboth View Post
    Had casttime on Bloom only while focused @ WF. So i think it's cast time debuffs. And it's ok, everything must have counters ^^

no its not cast speed debuffs. check out the other poster here who says he has gotten the same error. also, putting a cast time on bloom is not the only way to counter it. good thing there are no silences or healing reductions in the game huh? also no stuns. also no fears. also not transmorg that allows damage.

i am glad that putting a 1 second cast on bloom is the ONLY way to counter it huh?

what about healing breath?

my healing breath has NEVER had a cast time on it even when i am affected by cloudy poison. what about the counter to that?

troll is troll.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hobboth View Post
    No, it's not ok. It's a bug. I guess the problem is that Healing Slipstream doesn't make Bloom and Flourish instant, it just decreases the cast time by 2 seconds. So when you are debuffed with a 25% cast time increaser the math is like casttime*1.25-splistreammodifier. 2*1.25-2 = 0.5 which is not instant. It should be (casttime-modifier)*1.25=0.

rowdysattva, i mean i have never had casttime bar for my Bloom, only while focused. So I don't see any bugs here. Other ppl in this topic maybe had casttime for Bloom without any debuffs, then it's a bug. But i haven't noticed it ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    No, it's not ok. It's a bug. I guess the problem is that Healing Slipstream doesn't make Bloom and Flourish instant, it just decreases the cast time by 2 seconds. So when you are debuffed with a 25% cast time increaser the math is like casttime*1.25-splistreammodifier. 2*1.25-2 = 0.5 which is not instant. It should be (casttime-modifier)*1.25=0.
    You have just explained to others that it is NOT a bug.
    Probably it's a bug but both formulas ( casttime*1.25-modifier AND (casttime-modifier)*1.25) seems correct. Only thing that tells you this is a bug is this "bug" gives you DISADVANTAGE.

If formula (casttime-modifier)*1.25 would work and some rogues QQing about you have no casttime on your bloom despite you have that pretty casttime debuff? You should tell it's ok and rogue should tell "it's a bug, i have DISADVANTAGE, formula should be casttime*1.25-modifier".

It's BAD that we have casttime in this circumstance, but it's not BUG IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast