+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necomancer Staff Stats

Rift Disciple

Default Necomancer Staff Stats

As a Necromancer, what stats do you look for the most that you think are the most important, especially for your weapons if you use staff or 1H + Totem.

Intelligence?
    Wisdom?
    Spell Power?
    Focus?

Rift Disciple

Bump.
    Bump.

Spellpower is the most important, always. Also, Mages get more spellpolwer from Wisdom/Int 50/50, so either one is good, however Int directly ups your spell crit, where as wisdom gives you passive mana regen. I think It's +10 int = .02 DPS so both those stats aren't all that useful, that's why It's best to focus on spellpower. Worth noting too that if you're pvping alot +End is more useful than either for the extra HP, because as a mage, most people here can tell you they spend most of their time dead in WF, especially Black Garden.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Disciple

So the value of these stats decrease as you level up?
    I've noticed... for example:

With 136 Wisdom I have 69.2 mana regen over 10 seconds. If I were to level up, still with 136 Wisdom, does the mana regen decrease over 10 seconds because I've noticed the value decreasing every so often (I keep forgetting to check before and after level ups) while I don't change any gear that'll decrease my stats.

Champion

1 Spell Power = 1.00
    1 Intelligence = 0.71
    1 Wisdom = 0.50
    2 Spell Crit = 0.41

A very rough rule of thumb. It's going to vary a bit on your spec and whatnot though.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ng-spreadsheet

Soulwalker

Of course your mana regen is going to decrease as you level up. If you think about it, items have better stats as you progress through your levels. So there's a reason why a level 10 item with +3 int just isn't gonna cut it, so you use the level 36 item with +20 int to balance it out. The same reason why raid gear is optimal, they provide stats above the "balance point" which in turn makes you a hell of a lot more powerful. Hope this helps!

Soulwalker

INT is the most important. Upping your spell power, crit and Endurance if you spec the 7% of INT added to endurance.

At higher levels I start looking for higher "+spell critical" on my gear.

Spell Power usually goes with the other two above.

There's +End runes that you can equip to armor pieces, range and totems that you can't get +INT runes for so stay away from the "of the fortress" endurance crap. You'll get less kills and only take one more hit to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Klesk14 View Post
    As a Necromancer, what stats do you look for the most that you think are the most important, especially for your weapons if you use staff or 1H + Totem.

Intelligence?
    Wisdom?
    Spell Power?
    Focus?
    spell power > inteligence > endurance > wisdom

Endurance ? Yep, you'll be taking a lot of punches and you don't wanna run to mommy so often. We're talking leveling and ocasional pvp ofcourse.

mages with necro or warlock have zero need for wisdom, its basically just slowing your dps/healing down.
    We are asking for RvR.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    1 Spell Power = 1.00
    1 Intelligence = 0.71
    1 Wisdom = 0.50
    2 Spell Crit = 0.41

A very rough rule of thumb. It's going to vary a bit on your spec and whatnot though.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ng-spreadsheet
    your weighting on spell crit is off by... quite a lot. The value of spell crit depends on how much dps you are actually doing, and if you have tempest.

Assuming 500 dps.
    26.37 crit = .5% more dps.
    26.37 crit = 2.5 dps
    1 crit = .09 dps

1 spell power = .2 dps
    1 crit = .47 spellpower

From what I can tell 6 spell power = 16 crit (or something along those lines)

Basically unless you are a chloromancer, crit rules! (Thank you ruffeeoo of Aigis@belmont for telling me I was dumb)

Plane Touched

With tempest
    Crit damage is 1.9
    (this makes no sense. I've spent the last 15 minutes testing it. But it assuredly is 1.9. It should either be 1.8, or 1.95, but it's not, and it's really got me puzzled. Also anyone who says "crits always do max damage!!!" is pretty wrong from what I can see. It's the average of max + min damage. Min 402 max 406 crystalline missile, crits for 768 every time with 3/3 tempest. And at 404 * 1.9 you get.. 767.8)
    1% crit = 4.5 dps
    26.37 crit = 4.5 dps
    1 crit = .1706 dps

+ Reply to Thread