+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hidden CD on Pyromancer's Armor?

Soulwalker

Default Hidden CD on Pyromancer's Armor?

Let me start off by saying I love my Mage. Currently I am lvl 37 and lvl with a lock/necro spec. However, when I join a group for a dungeon I do prefer a pyro build.

I currently run with Pyromancer's Armor on and just filled out opportunity with 5/5 for the 10% insta spell. So theoretically I have about a 19% chance to proc an instacast cinderburst and 10% anything else. However, even before I got opportunity do 5/5, it seemed to proc way more often than Pyromancer's armor.

This brings me to my question, I know for a fact that oppurtunity doesnt have a CD because opportunity can proc off an opportunity proc (my most is 3x in a row or a .1% chance). But does anyone know if Pyromancer's armor has a hidden cooldown, or is it indeed a straight up 10% chance to proc?

If anyone has any info (parser or otherwise) on this it would be a great help to all of us PvE Pyros.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus200820 View Post
    Let me start off by saying I love my Mage. Currently I am lvl 37 and lvl with a lock/necro spec. However, when I join a group for a dungeon I do prefer a pyro build.

I currently run with Pyromancer's Armor on and just filled out opportunity with 5/5 for the 10% insta spell. So theoretically I have about a 19% chance to proc an instacast cinderburst and 10% anything else. However, even before I got opportunity do 5/5, it seemed to proc way more often than Pyromancer's armor.

This brings me to my question, I know for a fact that oppurtunity doesnt have a CD because opportunity can proc off an opportunity proc (my most is 3x in a row or a .1% chance). But does anyone know if Pyromancer's armor has a hidden cooldown, or is it indeed a straight up 10% chance to proc?

If anyone has any info (parser or otherwise) on this it would be a great help to all of us PvE Pyros.
    There is an easy answer. Opportunity has a 10% chance to proc by ALL of your skills. Pyor armor only proc when you cast fire balls.
    Conan
    Ashstone Guardian Mage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance Conan View Post
    There is an easy answer. Opportunity has a 10% chance to proc by ALL of your skills. Pyor armor only proc when you cast fire balls.
    I just checked both the Zam and in game tool tip for Pyromancer's Armor. It says "...giving their damaging fire spells a 10% chance to reset the cool down of their Cinder Burst, and reduce the casting time by 100%."

So that tells me it's not just Fireball, but any fire spell like Searing Vitality and Leeching Flames from Archon, and Ignite from Elemental.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus200820 View Post
    I just checked both the Zam and in game tool tip for Pyromancer's Armor. It says "...giving their damaging fire spells a 10% chance to reset the cool down of their Cinder Burst, and reduce the casting time by 100%."

So that tells me it's not just Fireball, but any fire spell like Searing Vitality and Leeching Flames from Archon, and Ignite from Elemental.
    It's broken. It does not proc 10% like it's supposed to or has a hidden cooldown. Same with Wildfire.

I've always just assumed it was broken, because it procs NO WHERE near 10%. It could have a hidden CD, which would be BS if you ask me. At least tell us it can only proc every 30 seconds or something.

I have had a pyro armour proc from a cinder that i nsta cast with pyro armour. However it did not correctly reset the cooldown, currently i think its bugged in some way since it doesn't seem to proc anything like as much as opportunity in my chloro spec but i don't believe it has an internal cooldown.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Egoist View Post
    I have had a pyro armour proc from a cinder that i nsta cast with pyro armour. However it did not correctly reset the cooldown, currently i think its bugged in some way since it doesn't seem to proc anything like as much as opportunity in my chloro spec but i don't believe it has an internal cooldown.
    Yes, I see this all the time. Pyro procs, which causes me to instant cast cinder, but then the cinder cast causes pyro to light up again, but it only stays lit up for a fraction of a second and then blinks out. It kind of seems like it stays up until the cinder hits the target and then goes away, but it's so fast it's hard to tell. It's really annoying though, especially in a pvp fight where you really need it.

+ Reply to Thread