+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Ele/Chloro PVE builds?

Question Any Ele/Chloro PVE builds?

Would really like to try out Elementalist/Chloromancer, and am looking for something similar to the Necro/Chloro builds out there.

It would be for soloing pve mostly, with grouping for instances.

A few questions...

1. What would be a good build?

2. Advice on rotations please

3. Does this soul combo have any good oh sh*t buttons like the Necro's Feign Death? (FD has saved my butt sooo many times, and allowed me to solo that group quest destroying the pillars in Freemarch)

My levelling build was 44 ele, 22 chloro at 50. It's nice because I have radiant spores, bloom, flourish, lifegiving veil, synthesis, and both in and out of combat rez. Could I hold anyone up on my own, no, but I contributed to keeping quite a few parties and zone event raids alive with it as backup/support healing. In my "oh shi-" moments I pretty much just popped my shield, ate a pot, used both bloom and flourish, ran, and squealed for my boyfriend to heal me. =/

My boyfriend is a cleric, shaman for leveling. There were many things that we wouldn't have been able to duo without my earth elemental tanking, or at least offtanking (keeping a mob busy while we killed off the first one). As leveling went on, the pet stopped holding aggro, but remained useful for occupying spare mobs. Often I got him to aggro up to 4-6 mobs and healed him through it while we killed off the pack piece by piece. But this has no use that I've found now that I'm done with leveling. The air elemental is okay, the party buff from it is nice. But nothing special, in my opinion.

Now that I'm 50 I'm testing out other souls as primary, but even still I'm keeping my 20 in chloro (up to rez). It's handy to help the main healer out but still be dps. I'm a control freak. It especially came in handy in AP today to be able to get one in-combat rez off per boss fight, and there was one boss that I had to spam I don't remember the name of it, but the cleanse/dispel/whatever it is skill.

I rest my fingers on the 1-2-3 keys a lot. So 2 is radiant spores, I lead off with that since it doesn't get aggro. (But it does make your pet attack - earth elemental runs in, air elemental buffs the party then attacks, so be careful with that.) 1 is my life nuke, 3 is my macro (pyro instant cast nuke, 0 points in the tree... icy carapace... and if neither are available, crystalline missiles). I spam 3 if the party's hp is okay, I spam 1 if the party's hp needs help but not heals, I hit 2 every 15 seconds. I heal and aoe as needed. There's some other things in there that I don't remember, popping the ele 31 point buff when it's ready, using the chloro charge for mdmg buff when I have excess charge not being converted into mana, etc.

Also, making a mouseover macro for bloom helped me out a ton.

Hope that helps some.

I liked it for the whole geomancer vibe. In terms of solo ability, its just as potent as the typical necro/lock/cloro build. but you'll deal less damage.

PvP against me is alot like sex with me. Its quick, unexpected and ends with only me satisfied.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by urvine View Post
    I liked it for the whole geomancer vibe. In terms of solo ability, its just as potent as the typical necro/lock/cloro build. but you'll deal less damage.
    It also takes a little longer to kill mobs, But You can solo Elites so much more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Desidus View Post
    It also takes a little longer to kill mobs, But You can solo Elites so much more easily.
    Found this video, showing such a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VItb45QBytU

In B6 and B7 I ran a Chlorlock with 0-point 3rd soul Ele for the tank pet up to level 28. Just used the typical Chloro spells to heal the tank pet as though I was in a dungeon, not bothering with anything in Warlock other than SL:M for the infinite mana. Kill speed was slow, but I could take on elite mobs without breaking a sweat.

Looking at level 31 when that 0-point pet won't cut it anymore, I would think one could scale back the Chloro to 14 points (theoretically 11 -- all you're REALLY looking for is Synthesis, but I like to keep Ruin at the least) and put your next points into working back toward Nature's Touch by level 33. Warlock keeps its 6 points for SL:M. Or since you have Revitalize and wouldn't be taking this solo build into a dungeon, you could drop those points to keep NT, then build back to it. Whatever floats your boat.

After that.... are you looking to make Ele the primary or Chloro? Build based on that as you level.

+ Reply to Thread