+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After alot of changes, finally a PVP specc that works.

Rift Chaser

Default After alot of changes, finally a PVP specc that works.

So I had the same frustration as other mages in PVP, So I respecced over and over and finally found one that not only works well, but makes the other team mad enough that they type /Y SKILL DOM and other such you mad comments
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V.gsihikqMfk.V
    Theres the build.
    You can cleanse and heal youreself and your party with Bloom and Flourish so your a support healer with your dominator.
    My main action Bar is 1-Transmogrify, 2-the the I win Button, 3-mental shock, 4-instants macro.
    The I win Button is
    cast Death's Edict
    cast Chastise
    cast Storm Shackle
    cast Haunting Pain
    cast Disorient

Spam that on a guy after sheeping

3-Mental shock is a stun

My instants macro is
    cast Thunder Blast
    cast Ruin
    cast Neural Prod
    I just spam that when nothing else is up and my enemy is immune to sheep
    My 2nd bar is Bloom, Flourish, then the caster killers, transference (also makes rogues and warrs cry), mana wrench, priests lament(healers), natural conversion (silly mages that roll with lock and necro speccs ROFL).
    You can pretty much make the other team emo rage, and do very good with this specc. The only thing I really miss is Living Shell.

I will be giving this one a try since after many respecs I have not found a decent build that suits my playstyle. ty for posting.

Default in search of gank defense/ questing build

ignore this one, i was attempting a new thread and erred by posting here.
    Last edited by Charnyr; 03-17-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Very similar to the spec I have been using for group pvp. Although I use AE spores and Arresting Presence with mine. Very fun and effective soul set. Your not gonna top DPS and kill charts, but shutting down multiple enemies while healing your team can certainly be very effective.

Do you find the disorient helps a lot? I only played with it a bit, but it seemed to break instantly with any kind of dots on the target, so I spec'd back out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charnyr View Post
    ignore this one, i was attempting a new thread and erred by posting here.
    Not sure if you made that post, but Warlock instead of Dom, with similar points in Chloro is a great anti-gank build for soloing.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Naaul View Post
    Very similar to the spec I have been using for group pvp. Although I use AE spores and Arresting Presence with mine. Very fun and effective soul set. Your not gonna top DPS and kill charts, but shutting down multiple enemies while healing your team can certainly be very effective.

Do you find the disorient helps a lot? I only played with it a bit, but it seemed to break instantly with any kind of dots on the target, so I spec'd back out of it.

Not sure if you made that post, but Warlock instead of Dom, with similar points in Chloro is a great anti-gank build for soloing.
    The disorient in the macro just adds another second of them not hitting you. I must add to my thoughts on the dominator specc that tonight I found the magic of MASS EXAUSTION! I only cast it directly after a sheep so that it is literally instant on top of there whole team. Its literally a mass SAP and tonight I used it to survive 4-5 melee all over me, instant sheep then drop the aoe right on top of myself and LOLOLOLOL as they watch helplessly me run away and get healed, its really amazing.
    Also Its very cheesey but I most definately found the most ******ed haxx thing us mages can possibly do in pvp. There is a talent that increses damage players take by 50% after being sheeped, so tonight I just targeted my Champion warrior buddies targets and spammed sheep on them, he was hitting them for 5k+ and killing people in 1.5 seconds. We were going from target to target sending there whole team to the graveyard. A player getting spam sheeped with a warrior on him is absolutely 100% unhealable, he will die fast 100% guaranteed. if every mage in WF's started doing that tommorro, Transmogrify would be nerfed the next day, its that OP.
    I see mages playing lock and pyro and other silly speccs and just laugh, sheep, mana drain, snare, stun, sheep, mana drain, /YAWN goodbye silly mage.
    Last edited by Combustion; 03-18-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Well I have to say, I'm very interested in your spec. I haven't played PvP too much because I've been focused on leveling. However, I really want to play a dom in WFs and open world. I can't wait to have some fun being a puppet master.
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    The disorient in the macro just adds another second of them not hitting you. I must add to my thoughts on the dominator specc that tonight I found the magic of MASS EXAUSTION! I only cast it directly after a sheep so that it is literally instant on top of there whole team. Its literally a mass SAP and tonight I used it to survive 4-5 melee all over me, instant sheep then drop the aoe right on top of myself and LOLOLOLOL as they watch helplessly me run away and get healed, its really amazing.
    Also Its very cheesey but I most definately found the most ******ed haxx thing us mages can possibly do in pvp. There is a talent that increses damage players take by 50% after being sheeped, so tonight I just targeted my Champion warrior buddies targets and spammed sheep on them, he was hitting them for 5k+ and killing people in 1.5 seconds. We were going from target to target sending there whole team to the graveyard. A player getting spam sheeped with a warrior on him is absolutely 100% unhealable, he will die fast 100% guaranteed. if every mage in WF's started doing that tommorro, Transmogrify would be nerfed the next day, its that OP.
    I see mages playing lock and pyro and other silly speccs and just laugh, sheep, mana drain, snare, stun, sheep, mana drain, /YAWN goodbye silly mage.
    That's a problem tbh, will prolly get nerfed to boost 50% of dmg by the one who casted sheep (I HOPE they only nerf THAT much, and not do something like 20% more dmg for 5 points...).

Honestly, this seems like a really scary spec, I wonder if it is actually that good in practice. The only thing I noticed was you dont really have a form of anti-cc. If you get jumped first, or feared or polyed first, doesnt look like you are going to do much except try to heal yourself when it is all done.

Well, you have the archmage... nm, but still, that is only once every 5 minutes. I guess that is enough? I duno, it does seem like a scary spec though.
    Last edited by MrGrimm999; 03-18-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Telaran

And how long would it take you to solo kill someone in PVP?

Looks like a very viable support role setup though.

I gave up on my mage for now because I don't want to be a support role, I wanted a dps class (I rolled a warrior)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    natural conversion (silly mages that roll with lock and necro speccs ROFL)
    How would that work on lock/nec? considering most of there dmg is from dots/pet (which is usually rogue that deals melee dmg)

Shadowlander

How would you adjust the spec for someone around 35?

+ Reply to Thread