+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So what is the mage equivalent of these

Default So what is the mage equivalent of these

Spellbreaker
    and
    Residual-Absorption

My math could be off but that seems like negative magic immunity with a 40% up time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Spellbreaker
    and
    Residual-Absorption

My math could be off but that seems like negative magic immunity with a 40% up time.
    Well there is Deny in the Dom tree, Purification in Archon and Natures Cleansing in Chloro, they are comparable to Spellbreaker but I don't know if they can be self targeted.

Then there is reflective presence and reflective command, in Dom or you could just drain the mages mana to prevent the negative magic from being cast, I guess thats immunity of a sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Code2501 View Post
    Well there is Deny in the Dom tree, Purification in Archon and Natures Cleansing in Chloro, they are comparable to Spellbreaker but I don't know if they can be self targeted.

Then there is reflective presence and reflective command, in Dom or you could just drain the mages mana to prevent the negative magic from being cast, I guess thats immunity of a sorts.
    None of those grant a 40% uptime immunity "to negative magical effects" (from all sources) after casting.

Rift Disciple

I guess Dominators should get a physical damage immunity with 40% uptime then.

Rank 5

Quote Originally Posted by Retroviruz View Post
    I guess Dominators should get a physical damage immunity with 40% uptime then.
    Wrong, Dominators should get a physical effects immunity with 40% uptime.

Soulwalker

Void knights are designed to be strong counters against magic users, it's odd that they'd have abilities that help them do that

Quote Originally Posted by Moral Fallacy View Post
    Void knights are designed to be strong counters against magic users, it's odd that they'd have abilities that help them do that
    So than you would not mind reducing the cool down on Deny to 15sec and adding a 2 point talent to Dom that makes the mage IMMUNE TO ALL PHYSICAL EFFECTS FOR 6 SECONDS after casting Deny (every 15 seconds)? Sense dom is designed to be a strong counter to melee.

Plane Touched

Would be nice if Stormcaller electrical attacks got a big bonus on plate wearers. Since metal is conductive and all. Might actually make that class somewhat worthwhile, especially since 2/3 of the players are warriors now.

Are mages so strong that they need silver bullets like this to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    So than you would not mind reducing the cool down on Deny to 15sec and adding a 2 point talent to Dom that makes the mage IMMUNE TO ALL PHYSICAL EFFECTS FOR 6 SECONDS after casting Deny (every 15 seconds)? Sense dom is designed to be a strong counter to melee.
    I would love to see that happen, just to watch the warriors and rogues scream bloody murder. While we're at it, let's get our silences (or better yet, a disarm that works on them the way silence does on us) on that lovely 15 second bull@#$% cooldown the warriors have.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 03-18-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Master

Yes this. why is it that warriors can have magic immunity but mages can't have physical immunity?

its only void knights? fine. let it only be dom.

game is a bit "traditional".

this game is all the traditional mmo crap in drag dress.

if there was any real innovation in the game then mages could cast while moving. you don't get rid of cast times... but let the mage move while casting.

is 30 meter range a problem then? fine, re-design that then. either reduce the mage range or increase the gap closers range.

casting while moving would stop the warrior/rogue/cleric ability to run through you to stop your casting. not run around you to make targetting need quick turning... run through you to interrupt stop casting.

melee says that auto target (not as innovative) and cast while moving is a crutch to casters. well casters needing to stand still AND cast is a horrible crutch to melee. let melee demonstrate their "skillful" movement when we can cast and move.

mages had cast times and had to stand still because they had range and massive damage. if you give range to melee and let melee do as much or more damage then why are we standing still AND having cast bars?

waiting for a new mmo.

this is an issue to deep for them to be brave enough to address it.

There are some mages out there that make warriors look like childsplay. I hate to be memeful about it, but it seems you're just doing it wrong. Besides, once again, this game is not balanced around 1v1.

Rift Master

i hate to be memeful... but those warriors (and you apparently) need to L2P. beating baddie warriors means nothing.

even if mages destroyed all warriors easily... that would say nothing about my comment.

it would mean that warriors and mages need to be re-evaluated as far as i am concerned.

warriors being able to run through you and cancel your cast is bad design and outdated mmo. there are many solutions to this.

why are mages standing still to cast? what is the basis for that?

its not damage done. its not ability to kite and keep range. what is it based on again?

RIFT borrows some basic assumptions from other mmos and then throws others out and never has the intelligence to question the basic coherence that made it all fit... or could make it fit here. it really looks like they went with only a "what sounds cool" approach to game design with little to no understanding of how it would translate into actual gameplay.

game is not really innovative. game is not really breaking any new ground. game is okay. game is a rehash.

I don't play an anti-caster warrior, I play pally/warlord for group support PvP.

It's funny that you throw out the "L2P" thing when your complaint is about warriors running through you to interrupt your cast. If someone is consistently running through you to interrupt, then you're simply getting outplayed, bottom line. That takes timing and an understanding of class mechanics.

And once again, this game is not balanced around 1v1. My build sucks 1v1, maybe I should make threads complaining about every other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    I don't play an anti-caster warrior, I play pally/warlord for group support PvP.

It's funny that you throw out the "L2P" thing when your complaint is about warriors running through you to interrupt your cast. If someone is consistently running through you to interrupt, then you're simply getting outplayed, bottom line. That takes timing and an understanding of class mechanics.

And once again, this game is not balanced around 1v1. My build sucks 1v1, maybe I should make threads complaining about every other class.
    I would like to see you make a thread about a soul that reduces all of your (warrior's) abilities to "Immune" spam with one button-press and a 40% uptime without any diminishing returns or possible counter (from you) during the uptime window.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast