Closed Thread

Thread: Canceled Sub

Shadowlander

Default Canceled Sub

I hoped that this game would be at least a distraction until GW2 or TOR but I have reached my limmits with the mage class. I have hit 50 and although I am not overly geared I find myslef getting stomped in PvP and not really wanted in PvE unless I am willing to just heal.

I have also had my account hacked and Trion has done nothing to replace the plat or items I lost.
    Its too bad because I had great hopes for Rifts but for now I am canceling my account. I think you will see more and more people quiting in the next few weeks.

Good luck to those that stick it out (most likely warriors).
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mallus View Post
    I hoped that this game would be at least a distraction until GW2 or TOR but I have reached my limmits with the mage class. I have hit 50 and although I am not overly geared I find myslef getting stomped in PvP and not really wanted in PvE unless I am willing to just heal.

I have also had my account hacked and Trion has done nothing to replace the plat or items I lost.
    Its too bad because I had great hopes for Rifts but for now I am canceling my account. I think you will see more and more people quiting in the next few weeks.

Cheers
    Honestly, you can't have expected a brand new MMO to be perfectly balanced at launch? You would need to give it a few months before you could start complaining about PvP balance. As for PvE - if you play NecroLock Mages are fine and people who don't want to party with you are dumb.
    I'm pretty sure Trion is working on restoring your account - so far the estimate is around 4/5 days from what I am seeing on the forums.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

I didn't expect it to be perfectly balanced, but cripes.

My experience as a Mage has been so 'bleh' I don't really want to wait 3 months for fixes to happen. Might just pick up a Cleric.

Edit: Level 50, T1 and some T2 gear. No, Valour/Honor/etc doesn't fix anything.
    Last edited by Furienify; 03-17-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Soulwalker

In general a lot of people's frustrations seem to be tied not to the mage in general as they do have a few viable options

IE turret pyro in pvp, chloro for healing, chloro/lock pvp, necrolockpve, archon pve etc it's just that whatever specific other souls or combos people want to play with are all not necessarily remotely viable.

Of course grass is always greener so even if you are getting roflstompd by a champion there are warrior souls that need love too

Regarding the hack, sucks, give them time to fix it, and if you havent been hacked yet you might want to make sure your Rift account doesn't use the same login info as your WoW account stuff

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mallus View Post

Cheers
    Mark my words: TOR is going to be awful.

That said, GW2 looks great. I'll be picking that up whether or not I'm playing RIFT at the time. See ya there!

XiL

ITT: People who have been monkey stomped by Exploits and aren't smart enough to know the difference between balance and broken mechanics.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    ITT: People who have been monkey stomped by Exploits and aren't smart enough to know the difference between balance and broken mechanics.
    Do tell. I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    Honestly, you can't have expected a brand new MMO to be perfectly balanced at launch? You would need to give it a few months before you could start complaining about PvP balance. As for PvE - if you play NecroLock Mages are fine and people who don't want to party with you are dumb.
    I'm pretty sure Trion is working on restoring your account - so far the estimate is around 4/5 days from what I am seeing on the forums.
    This game has until about May to mature. That's the SWTOR release and unless Rift has turned from a 5 yo into chuck norris by then, TOR will steamroll it like roadkill.

This game has issues, many issues that need to be fixed asap if they want to keep the players.

Plane Touched

TOR, rofl.

Rift Chaser

The real problem I think pertains to people wanting to avoid having a pet in there PVE DPS specc. You would think by glancing at the tree's that Stormcaller and Pyro on there own would be top dog dps speccs in the game. But trying to make a specc for either one that does not involve you having to do Archon, or have a pet is a dead end road that quickly leads to a very letdown frustrated feeling, only warlock works as a good secondary option when there should be much flexibility to build cool fun competetive DPS speccs where Im the DPS without a pet. Its quite understandable that many mages may already feel like leaving the game or re-rolling a different class. Im a Chloro so Im having a Blast, but I have messed with making a dps specc on the dummy with my parser and everything is miserably fail that doesnt have a pet. Many Many Many people HATE having to manage a pet and want to be top dog dps without one. I didn the Warlock/necro build yesterday and was able to do 700-900 dps and keep up with the rogues on the dummy, but again...theres that damn pet. There needs to be a secondary tree that gives Stormcaller amazing dps boost and mana returns without a pet, and the same for Pyro. Let the 51 point Archon guy be the Archon, I want to be Pyro so I can top Meters with Fire spells.
    Last edited by Combustion; 03-17-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Shadowlander

All the ****ing whine again. It is so obvious the "wow-generation" is speaking here. You are so used to fully developed games, that when you try a new MMO, you expect everything to be all dandy once the game is installed. That is not going to happen, and neither will it with TOR or GW2.

Played MMO's ever since Ultima Online, and I've tried quite a few releases (something like 12). This is by far one of the best launches I've seen, and the game seems very well developed considering the amount of time it's been out. I am not saying this just because I am one of those "fanboys".
    Every MMO needs time to fully develop, just like WoW, EQ2 etc. etc. If your not ready to give an MMO that, then MMO's really ain't for you, and you can just as well go back to the established and more or less fully developed MMO's like WoW.

So to sum up; This game really is fine. Give it time to develop. If you whine and ***** too much about class balancing, then my suggestion is to try another class or learn to play mage (mages are fine)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    All you do is insult other players. I'm honestly shocked that your account remains open.

OP...

You waited until 50, wasting that time invested into playing a class you've never felt truly connected with?
    I'm sorry, it must suck, but.... is that about right?

You are getting stomped because you are unable to feel comfortable tweaking your class, understanding how your skills work and what you can actually do in PvP, try different soul combos, many things you can try. Maybe you are just a bad PvP'er? Idk, but...

Mages aren't for you son... but cancel your sub because you can't pewpew with your mage, won't miss you just means there will be 1 less ragemage.
    Last edited by MadCat2k; 03-17-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Bik

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Mallus, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread