Thread: How bad is Empty the Crypts and Mass Grave

Soulwalker

Default How bad is Empty the Crypts and Mass Grave

I just started the game, and rolling a necro
    but I heard Empty the Crypts is a worthless skill and
    Mass Grave would be as bad too
    are these true ?

They are both rather horrible..

They spawn.. stand around for a few seconds.. then travel to the mob slow as crap.. then swing once or twice.. then poof.

Their damage is also rather horrible to begin with and more often then not if multiple targets you'll see zombies split on all of them.

Bad skills with little to no testing ever done on them.
    Last edited by Albieos; 03-17-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Empty the crypts got tested...

It just got nerfed to hard in beta.
    50 Mage

Master Runecraft
    Master Outfitter

50 Cleric
    Master Armorsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

Shadowlander

Not sure about Mass Grave, but Empty the Crypts seems to be a waste of charge due to reasons other people posted.

I found that if I summoned them at 100 charge, unless you're standing in melee range, you're down to probably 30 charge by the time they actually start doing damage.

Soulwalker

hate to admit it i have to agree about empty the crypts, love the flavor of the spell but in almost all cases i can remember soul purge was a much better place to put that charge.

Yup empty the crypts doesn't last anywhere near long enough for a whole bar of charge and really doesn't put out much damage, its more of a novelty than anything in its present state.

Soulwalker

thank guys
    how about on PVP wise?
    does it even helpful on some random encounter pvp when someone tries to gank me ?
    Last edited by Mariiloune; 03-17-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Unless it will get a drastic buff in the near future, empty the crypts is the most useless spell ever, PVE and PVP wise. Even at 100 charge, the zombies don't last too long and the dmg output is extremely poor...

Plane Touched

I took Empty the Crypts, but honestly it was a waste of a talent point. I rarely use it. People have already stated why. It just consumes too much charge before you ever start doing damage. I find that I am well better off conserving my charge for Soul Purge. If it's damage was more, or it didn't use charge and was just a timed thing or something, it would probably be a little more useful.

We get a lot of charge using spells, but Soul Purge is pretty much the one I use all the time.

Shadowlander

They should change Empty the Crypts to summon a bunch of undead directly under the target, and each hit from the undead snares the person for 80% each hit (essentially keeping them snared for the duration of the ability). The undead mobs could stand to do a little more damage, and give em enough health that they can't be torn through with one or two AoEs.

Soulwalker

I'd like to see the summoned pets explode at the end of the duration for some additional aoe and maybe a stun. It would help compensate for the lackluster A.I.

Agreed, etc should summon the pets at the base of the mob, not at yourself, since we are ranged, they are melee... it just doesn't make sense, also, they just stand there and consume charge until you cast an attack.

That being said, etc and mass grave do great damage against the training dummy. When mass grave is up forget everything else and make sure you keep up necrosis, looming demise, and 5 stacks of DC (this is priority) and the numbers are pretty nice. I haven't had a chance to test them in dungeons yet, but I hear the etc pets die too quickly from aoe's and such.

Plane Touched

I'd personally like to see a little buff to plague bolt. Get it down off a 2 second cast time, kinda like what you can do with void bolt. The first tier 5 point talent where you can increase the # of stacks of DC applied on each bolt and the damage it does is nice, but it should come with maybe a reduction in cast time as well. While you can use GR to apply a DC, plague bolt was really meant to be one of the main abilities to apply DC. And since DC is actually pretty huge to our pet's damage and our class mechanics, it would be nice to see a way to effectively get it stacked up better and have the ability to generate charge quicker since Soul Purge seems to be our bread and butter for DPS.

casting exhume makes empty the crypt instant cast.

still the pets move far to slow for good dps, by the time they are attacking you have lost to much charge, instead I think it should be a 100% charge requirement (drops charge to 0 and charge cannot be gained til all pets are dead) with a 20-25 second duration, instant cast.
    EQ2
    Aeeron - 90 Necromancer & Conjuror
    Aeryox - 80 Swashbuckler
    Milovan - 80 Inquis

WoW
    Aeronx - 80 Warlock

for a 3 second cast Empty the Crypts is not worth a single point. It seems to do nothing beyond a long cast time of doing nothing else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast