+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Mage souls

Soulwalker

Default Help with Mage souls

Im new to this game. I was checking out the souls and this is what i want them to be.

Pyromancer- 44
    Archon - 11
    3rd soul - 11
    Now the trouble i have is the 3rd one. I dont know if i wanna go Elemental summoner for the 3rd one to get 5% crit, ice shield and 5/5 elemental link to reduce dmg i take by 10%

or

go Chloromancer to get some heals

im sure its not worth it to have heals for pvp since i wont be high in that spec so ill prob take alot more dmg then i could heal.

so my question is. would it be worth getting some heals for pve for lvling/questing etc? im very low lvl still so if someone could help me with that, it would be great! thanks.

Telaran

To be honest, you might want to look at a Pyro 51, Elementalist or Archon 15 + 3rd 0 build. Build as much synergy as you can with fire / element damage.

Soulwalker

so u dont recommend the spec i was looking at? this was the spec i was looking at. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Izzsuts.Vt.Vox

i just wasent sure after seeing the heal spec if i should get some heals for leveling? so i guess having the heals isnt really worth it then?

Soulwalker

and what do u mean by building as much synergy as i can?

Telaran

By Synergy I mean you want to pick up "talents" from other souls that compliment your main soul.

For example, if you pick Pyromancer as your most point-invested soul, Archon has talents that will increase your fire damage, and Elementalist has talented ability that will increase magic damage taken by the target. Warlock also has something similar, but I believe it is much further in the tree than the Archon and Elementalist ones.

You want to be careful so that you do not take souls and talents that don't compliment your main primary soul / primary source of damage. Some of them might sound really neat, but it's important to build synergy.

I am at work right now but when I get home I can build out a 51 point Pyromancer build for you. If you search the forums you should find some scattered about as well.

Hope I've been helpful.

Soulwalker

ok i c, the first spec i was gonna do that i linked is actually like that. giving me fire dmg, spell crit and some mana regain and defense as well.

and thanks for the help
    Last edited by Ltoplay; 03-17-2011 at 11:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread