+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question for Community: Would you trade your mage for a diferrant character?

Soulwalker

Default Simple Question for Community: Would you trade your mage for a diferrant character?

As it stands right now, Would you trade your mage for a different class of equal level?

We all understand some of the mages inadequacies, thats not the point of this post, so lets not delve into that aspect here. Lets just get a scope of the communities opinion.

Sign Yes or No.

My sign
    Yes

Rift Disciple

No.

I dont see a reason to, unless it just really isnt someones kind of gameplay.

No I rerolled rogue to mage.

Yes knowing full well of the amount of crying on these forums. No, I don't regret it at all.

<PREGAME ALLSTARS> Gatoraide - 3x Mage Regulos US PvP
    Nadril -3x Rogue | Guardian | www.zackcerny.net | MAGES ARE THE WORST CLASS

Nope, I love my Mage.

I'm going to be rolling a Warrior once I hit 50 but it won't be a re-roll. It will be an alt for tanking (there seems to be an even more severe lack of them here than any other MMO despite 3 out of 4 classes being able to tank)
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

Yes

Would love to have a warrior at level 50, and start killing people within 4 secs of fighting. My friend does it when were pvping.

Telaran

Absolutely not.
    I can't imagine any class leveling faster than Nec/Lock or Chlo/Lock.

Warfronts are utter fun. Spread some spores and dots, pop wild abandon and neddrars essence and see 4 people slash away at you with no effect. Some team coordination and they drop like flies.

Yes mages die fast in warfronts, but who doesnt? I see teams losing 500 to 20 in garden, with the only healer on the opposite site being last on damage taken. Warfronts are team efforts, not 1v1 stroller-pick sessions.

No.

10 No's.
    RIFT Whitefall server / Pandemik / Mage (Pyromancer) Level 10-50 in warfronts. 300k favour earnt before hitting lvl 50 / Guild Black Company
    First player on Whitefall pvp server to reach 5000 pvp kills (Cutthroat). 25k+ pvp kills now pugged the whole way - single target only.

WAR Karak Eight Peaks and Karak Norn EU servers / Pandemic / Bright Wizard / Guild Black Company
    DAOC Excalibur EU server / Pandemic / Troll Warrior / Guild Black Company

Rift Disciple

Yup, Im playing a rogue now after I hit 50 and got facerolled so much.

I like a challenge but when I have to do 10x more just to SURVIVE while other classes own me with less effort is a joke Trion is playing on us.

No, I love my 50 mage to death .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

No.

Some specs need a lot of work, but lets see.

U can still be Ninja and have some fun
    No Illegals -> NO BURRITOS!! THINK TWICE BRO!

Rift Master

No
    Many reasons.
    - I like casters, those other 2 don't really fit that
    - It's funner when you beat someone in pvp cause when they read the forums boy did they underestimate you what with you being so cruddy and all, it just makes me look better the more ppl moan
    - The souls have interesting synergy - I can build myself to have a pet or uber cc or just focus on dmg or even go defensive and try to get support from others while buffing them so to me it has many playstyles
    - In pvp too I can do dmg and if things look down I can switch to healing on my death so thats versatility baby
    Last edited by Fernt; 03-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Telaran

no,i ll stick to my decision to play mage.
    i wont reroll.
    i ll not emoquit.
    i wont go to wf
    i ll avoid pvp on open pvp
    i ll stick here play my mage as i would do in my single player rpg here at my home and i ll spit on trion's face evertime i have the chance.
    all these till my favourite game comes out in summer

Not a chance. Our pve dps souls need some love (or perhaps warrior pve dps needs to be brought down some.) That's my only real complaint, but it is a significant one. As much as I enjoy chloro and archon, it would be nice to have a first class dps spec for raiding.

Mage pvp is in a good place right now, imo. At level 50 everything changes for mages. Mages are crap in pvp before level 40, however, they're late bloomers.

Soulwalker

No i wouldn't switch. i knew the issues with mages all through beta and still rolled one for release. I love my Necro/Lock and Chloro/Lock specs and enjoy playing my mage even if he doesnt destroy people in PvP with 3 clicks.
    Last edited by Geozen; 03-17-2011 at 09:13 AM.

No. I like playing my mage.

I will probably roll a warrior too just to be able to tank as my guild needs it, and to be able to have something different to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast