+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Chloro

Default 51 Chloro

It seems our guild has come to the point where I need to respec choloromancer for some boss fights. Is 51 the route to go? What build should I be doing?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510
    www.FriendlyFireGaming.net - Home of the Saga clan. Established in 2003

I don't really want to be "that guy" who gets mad at people who don't search things on forums...but literally it is on the first page: Basic Easy Chloro Healing Guide v. 2.0 may be a good place to start, eh?
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I saw that mate. I want opinions on a pure 51 pt. chloro. I will only be using it once every few weeks for a few minutes.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510

I think the benefits you get from going a little further in Warlock or Archon are just too great to pass up. You don't gain enough from 51 points in Chloromancer for it to be worth losing that in my opinion.
    Xiomaro
    High Elf Mage

Well you seemed to be asking in general.

Anyway, 51 in Chloro? Not the best idea really. Void Life is pretty mediocre, and only great on trash mobs (which are called trash for a reason). In general mostly 32/30 Chloro/lock is what most people do for Chloro since its passive benefits increase almost everything you can do except directly healing. I like Chloroarchon since its gives a damage and healing increase, but due to being bugged power in numbers only gives half the damage/healing boost it is supposed too :| Until fixed it isn't hugely impressive.

Depending on if you are merely offhealing or main healing you can use Necro and just drop graverot/necrosis and aid in DPS using Revenant, however you sacrifice your direct damage/healing to do so. Equally Elementalist works because of the +crit% boost, but honestly is not hugely worth it compared to warlock either. This is pretty much what I use for Chlorolock myself. The passive benefits being fairly obvious and opportunity being worth it because all our spells are 2~2.5 second cast times.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomaro View Post
    I think the benefits you get from going a little further in Warlock or Archon are just too great to pass up. You don't gain enough from 51 points in Chloromancer for it to be worth losing that in my opinion.
    I completely agree. For this to be worth your time Chloro would need a +X% ability for bonus healing from veil or damage in general. :/ Without that we have little need to invest in 2 min cooldown channel spells.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Plane Touched

its worth noting that either of the 3x/3x chloro/archon chloro/lock specs are going to be better than any other combination. 44 chloro is a waste typically and anything past 44 points in the tree is even more worthless.the most points i could ever spend in the chloro tree would be 38 and even thats a stretch to consider.

tl;dr - Its not worth it to drop the passive benefits from going ~30 points in another tree.

I concur with the other posters. After 32 points in Chloromancer, the remaining talents and skills gained later are simply not worth the investment in comparison to what is gained from either the Warlock or Archon souls.

I regard Call of Spring, Circle of Life, and Unleashed Abandon, Empathic Bond, and to a lesser extent Enduring Tether and Destructive Growth to all be from mediocre to very poor talent choices. I'm not saying they provide no benefit or detriment a build, but they are certainly less valuable than what is gained from 30-34 points in other souls.

The deeper root spells (Blight, Natural Splendor, and Void Life) don't provide enough good to make up for the less-than-good that has to be taken to get there.

Shadowlander

I would agree that going all 51 points into cholro is probably not needed since some of those points used are like the above poster said not very well used points for what you get in return. I would say that I do really like nature's splendor and it's saved my tank a few times but that being said it takes 44 points so it's sort of a personal preference. Cholro is a fun build though. I didn't have one until about 45-46 so I had to learn to play quick but it's more than it sounds like you think it is lol.

A few minutes a week? Why wouldn't your raid want a chloro in raid all the time? Clerics can't touch me in healing, single target or otherwise.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    A few minutes a week? Why wouldn't your raid want a chloro in raid all the time? Clerics can't touch me in healing, single target or otherwise.
    Because we already have a full time chloro. I am a DPS mage (Lock/Necro) and this is for the off chance that we need some extra heals during a boss fight

I agree with all others that the 51 point talents are not worth even thinking about, however, from my experience Archon far outweighs the warlock soul. I personally like this spec:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...czR.hMesRf0ooR

While warlock benefits you with Sacrifice Life: Mana, and a total of 20% increased dmg, which in turn, increases healing (except Wild Growth, Bloom and Flourish) it brings nothing to your raid / group.

Archon, however, brings four buffs, An endurance buff, A resistance buff (which i have yet to see from any other classes), an armor buff, and a basic stat buff. Aside from this, when all buffs are active you receive 16% increased healing and DPS (so this would include wild growth, Bloom and Flourish), 8% hast bonus and 16% mana cost reduction. Aside from buffing the group you also buff yourself by, increasing your armor, increasing yoru Endurance, increasing all your base stats and, if you pick up rockslide, increasing your intelligence. All your own personal buffs apear to be unique and stack with buffs others give you. In moments when little healing is needed you also buff the party / raid and allow them to increase their dmg by 10% for 10 seconds (on a 15 second cd). You can also debuff a mob permanently to take increased magic and physical dmg, and get a consumes charge move that reduces a mobs dmg by 10% and increases your dmg by 10% (situational at best, but still useful in a raid setting).

As far as mana regen goes, Archon is far superior. Every 30 seconds you have a move that returns 10% of your mana. Every crit returns 2.5% of your mana. Metal flare another 30% on a longer cooldown. This combined with Living Shell means you will never ever go OOM. The advantage here compared to the warlock Sacrifice Life option is that you never have any moments other than one occasional global cooldown where you need to stop healing and put your self at risk of a random AoE attack by lowering your health.

The few downsides to Archon is that maintaining buffs is a pain in the butt and pretty complex and the aura's don't play well with other buffs. Also, a raid only needs one Archon in it, so that is something else to consider.
    "Men have before hired bravos to transact their crimes, while their own person and reputation sat under shelter. I was the first that ever did so for his pleasures. I was the first taht could thus plod in the public eye with a load of genial respectability, and in a moment, like a schoolboy, strip off these lendings and spring headlong into the sea of liberty." - Henry Jekyll

+ Reply to Thread