+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage - And its Global Cooldown time. Feedback ?

Rift Disciple

Default Mage - And its Global Cooldown time. Feedback ?

So mage has a wonderful 1.5 sec global cooldown. Longer then all other callings i believe ?

Why ?

1.5 sec global cooldown makes Warlock Opportunity worthless for Warlocks in pve.. Now i say this.. because its in the warlock spec.. So shouldn't it help the spec it is in ?

Yea.. it lets you now and then Front Load a bit of damage in pvp.. but either way.. your still taking 3 sec to cast 2 void bolts regardless of Opportunity or not.

What would be the effect of The global cooldown getting droped down to 1.0 sec for Mages ?

Pyro would see increased dps from Wildfire procs ? and opportunity procs

how much of a gain would this be ?

For warlock, casting Necrosis and Dark Touch, you now gain 1 sec of extra timer per dot refresh, and when you trigger Opportunity from one.. you now have ever more of an increase.

instant cast spells really have no dps gain in PvE unless its a spell with 2.0+ cast time.

Should the first step at adjusting mages be in lowering the Global cooldown for us by 0.5 sec ? to a total of 1.0 sec Global Cooldown ?

How much of a dps addition would this be to PvE ?

how Much would this Effect PvP ?

and please, before you post. Above the paragraph, put PVP or PVE so people dont start raging when somone is talking about pvp damage and another is thinking they are talking about pve damage.

Point of this thread is for a spot for people to put their thoughts on this subject for some possible constructive feedback to the devs to maybe get the slight adjustment were looking for.

If this is enough of course.. but have to start somewhere.
    Last edited by Kiares; 03-17-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    50 Mage

Master Runecraft
    Master Outfitter

50 Cleric
    Master Armorsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

The only calling that has a 1s GCD is Rogue, Cleric and Warrior both have a 1.5s GCD.

Opportunity allows for more mobility, which is amazing in PvP.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Noirvetica View Post
    The only calling that has a 1s GCD is Rogue, Cleric and Warrior both have a 1.5s GCD.

Opportunity allows for more mobility, which is amazing in PvP.
    Melee is 1s, Caster is 1.5.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjack View Post
    Melee is 1s, Caster is 1.5.
    Warriors must be casters then.

Champion

warriors and clerics are 1.5seconds dude

Shadowlander

I was a big supporter of lowing the GCD for mages to increase our damage until I watched when I hit Heat Wave and for 15 seconds watched my DPS just skyrocket for Wildfire.

I would however like to see them adjust it per ability more than just flat per class.

For example melee cleric ability should have 1 sec GCD.
    DoTs and Debuffs could have a 1 sec GCD.
    Buff spells such as Aura's or sacrifice life could have 1 sec GCD.

Not sure how this is coding wise and such but seems like it would help to allow people to use DoTs more and Debuffs.

I would also like to see mages get a reactive spell based off spell crits similar to the other DPS classes.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hesa View Post
    I was a big supporter of lowing the GCD for mages to increase our damage until I watched when I hit Heat Wave and for 15 seconds watched my DPS just skyrocket for Wildfire.

I would however like to see them adjust it per ability more than just flat per class.

For example melee cleric ability should have 1 sec GCD.
    DoTs and Debuffs could have a 1 sec GCD.
    Buff spells such as Aura's or sacrifice life could have 1 sec GCD.

Not sure how this is coding wise and such but seems like it would help to allow people to use DoTs more and Debuffs.

I would also like to see mages get a reactive spell based off spell crits similar to the other DPS classes.
    i wasn't sure on others globals :P

i knew rogues was lower.

either way, cleric casters "possibly" should have lower also.

Heat wave global reduction spiked your damage ? really ? i think that has something to do with the 50% cast time reduction also.

Opportunity is nice in pvp.. in pve.. its mostly junk.

We all know Warriors do amazing dps.. so the 1.5 isnt effecting them...

Rogues already have 1.0

mages having 1.0 would make anything instant cast a little bit better.. without raising the damage on skills.

and please no.. on having things proc off crits.. wel just become a macro button mash class like the others for it.
    Last edited by Kiares; 03-17-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    50 Mage

Master Runecraft
    Master Outfitter

50 Cleric
    Master Armorsmith
    Master Weaponsmith

I could care less if there was a 3- or even 5-second GCD if mages could RUN WHILE CASTING.

I mean really the whole standing in 1 spot to cast a damn spell thing is stupid, it drops the player skill equation through the floor, and really needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    I could care less if there was a 3- or even 5-second GCD if mages could RUN WHILE CASTING.

I mean really the whole standing in 1 spot to cast a damn spell thing is stupid, it drops the player skill equation through the floor, and really needs to be looked at.
    I've never understood why as a Ranger I could cast Quickshot while running, but I can't cast bolts with my staff while strafing on a mage. I mean, it can't be that hard to charge up your staff and run, can it?
    Realm? Asphodel.
    Name? Krillian. Mage.
    Bring it.

At a minimum, dots ought to be on a 1s cd. Mage dots are severely underpowered as is.

+ Reply to Thread