+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro off heal build help needed

Default Chloro off heal build help needed

I have been asked a few times in recent PUG elites if I have a "chloro" spec. I do not, and at 50 have never played any chloro, but in an effort to be as versatile as I can for a group, could some of you with experience offer some builds? It would never be to main heal, I dont have the skill or the patience for that, so I am not looking to go deep into chloro, maybe just enough to get the rez.

What soul woul go best with it to be able to still do some dps in a hybrid build, lock?

Shadowlander

Chloro is kinda an odd build to try being offheals, as their burst raid healing is inefficient. They mostly excel at MT healing and you need to cast life spells to pass the heals thru Synthesis or LGV. (Well... 5% goes thru from other spells...)

Main Warlock off Chloro should be fine.

well at least in T1's chloro's arent relegated to just "off" heal, we can main heal too,

best healing (or main healer) = chloro/lock 32/30 with 4pts to play with

if you are just going to offheal then i suspect go chloro/archon for buffs + some heals

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z_R_..EdIuohcz0o <- i'd say these are the most basic talents you will need to have to be a chloromancer

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    I have been asked a few times in recent PUG elites if I have a "chloro" spec. I do not, and at 50 have never played any chloro, but in an effort to be as versatile as I can for a group, could some of you with experience offer some builds? It would never be to main heal, I dont have the skill or the patience for that, so I am not looking to go deep into chloro, maybe just enough to get the rez.

What soul woul go best with it to be able to still do some dps in a hybrid build, lock?
    Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but even looking at the main page on the Mages section, you'll be able to find 4-5 different chloro threads. You might want to start with this one:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...g-Guide-v.-2.0

Some people like Chloro/Warlock because the instant cast and mana tap or whatever, and others like Chloro/Archon for the buffs/debuffs.

I've been using this as my healing build. Your AE damage is pretty nice with radiate death and shadows for trash in dungeons and open pve.

Opportunity helps a ton for healing as a chloro. With the warlock +20% damage increases I've seen 1k crits on Touch of Nature, these translate into something like 5k heals on your synthesis target.

I've been always running as the 2nd healer in the group. I think there should always be a cleric, someone that doesn't need to hit stuff to get people other than the main tank back to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotar View Post
    Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but even looking at the main page on the Mages section, you'll be able to find 4-5 different chloro threads. You might want to start with this one:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...g-Guide-v.-2.0

Some people like Chloro/Warlock because the instant cast and mana tap or whatever, and others like Chloro/Archon for the buffs/debuffs.
    That link is a good one it got me started.

I regularly off heal on experts right now. Makes boss fights pretty easy. Especially as we gear up our clerics. Does ok damage too. Might change it later when we get better gear but for right now it' makes all our lives easier.

I've off-healed while levelling with just 16 points in chloro (up to Nature's Touch).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z_R_..Vdhuo

Gives Lifegiving veil, synthesis (ok only 150%) & nature's touch as well as both direct heals (bloom & flourish). Works for me with a good healing specced cleric around.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

+ Reply to Thread