Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When Mages get nerfed?

Telaran

Default When Mages get nerfed?

Thing that is going now at the moment is ridiculous, Pyromancers are top dmg dealers in all minigames and with good healer top dmg takers as well, much harder to kill than warrior in plate, immune to CCs and just standing one place and dealing ridiculous - Cinderburst ~5000 dmg in single spell who can survive?

Quote from Mage:
    Standing in a green circle spamming fireball, firebolt, Inferno, cinderburst isn't really "playing". I don't like winning fights cause I can abuse my stunlockwhileimmunetocc circle; it feels broken and wrong

jas
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by NotUsedBrain View Post
    Thing that is going now at the moment is ridiculous, Pyromancers are top dmg dealers in all minigames and with good healer top dmg takers as well, much harder to kill than warrior in plate, immune to CCs and just standing one place and dealing ridiculous - Cinderburst ~5000 dmg in single spell who can survive?

Quote from Mage:
    Ok, now THIS is a troll. Hahaha. I'd love to cinderburst for 5k. Where do I train that spell.

5000 cinderburst my arse

show a screenshot or roll a mage and try and get a 5k cinderburst.

bet you can't

jas
    Plane Touched

I can probably actually do that with the powerup. I've critted for 2.5k with cinder before. 3k fulminate without powerup is my highest.

I think he means Fulminate. Which is pretty much our version of Titan strike minus the stun and the 20 seconds buildup of charge, does do more damage, though.

Prophet of Telara

5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.
    I started a warrior but it got complicated when I couldn't for the life of me work out what those swords under my portrait were for. Plus they had no healing soul and well we all know pvp healing helps more.

jas
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.
    I started a warrior but it got complicated when I couldn't for the life of me work out what those swords under my portrait were for. Plus they had no healing soul and well we all know pvp healing helps more.
    you aren't going to hit anything for 5000. trust me.

Soulwalker

nuff said...

Telaran

well its pretty common that Mages are top dmg takers and dealers and one hit kill happens often when you are prestige rank 6:

[IMG=http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1048/20110315154940.th.jpg][/IMG]
    Last edited by NotUsedBrain; 03-15-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    Lol thanks for the sig;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I think he means Fulminate. Which is pretty much our version of Titan strike minus the stun and the 20 seconds buildup of charge, does do more damage, though.
    + lower CD
    + it's ranged
    + you don't need to build 3 attackpoints -> shifting blades -> build 3 attackpoints -> titan strike

you really can't compare fulminate with titans strike ~
    Last edited by caith; 03-15-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Just dispel it. I've heard that that works.
    Please think at least twice before you click post.

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    you aren't going to hit anything for 5000. trust me.
    Not even close to it lol
    Nautix - 50 Mathosian Mage
    Amsira - 50 Mathosian Warrior
    Razvaltina - 42 Dwarf Rogue

The Guardians
    Online Gaming Community
    Sunrest RP-PvP

well its pretty common that Mages are top dmg takers and dealers and one hit kill happens often when you are prestige rank 6:

[IMG=http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1048/20110315154940.th.jpg][/IMG]

Guess you had fun that warfront? must have been against VERY bad players to win that bad.. I've got 2 items from T2 dungeons rest of my gear is from T1 dungeons and with my pyro spec my cinderburst crits for around 2500... Even with talents to make it do more damage to players it doesn't double you're dps

And if mages could even get to crit for lets say 3k with cinderburst just think what other classes could do plx??? Cos i get hit for 2.5k by sabs and warrior just charge > Silence > 4 shot ya
    Last edited by Onideath; 03-15-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by caith View Post
    + lower CD
    + it's ranged
    + you don't need to build 3 attackpoints -> shifting blades -> build 3 attackpoints -> titan strike

you really can't compare fulminate with titans strike ~

True. 1. It doesnt stun. 2 .It takes 7 or 8 spell casts to build up enough charge to use it (which takes about 20 seconds or so), and 3. You cant be dead, which is the toughest part to overcome as a mage.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast