+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instead of some class redundancy, why couldn't we have one like Enkarus Anathemas?

Soulwalker

Default Instead of some class redundancy, why couldn't we have one like Enkarus Anathemas?

The mob I'm referring to is the Enkarus Anathemas in Droughtlands, which you first encounter with Walking with the Dead quest. For those who have not had the pleasure of fighting him, its a zerg summoner. It got me thinking... they obviously have the mechanics in game for a pet summoner class. Why do we have redundant classes. In my eyes, both the Elementalist and the Necromancer are pet classes with DD. They should take one of these out, and replace it with a zerg pet class. Perhaps called the Summoner.

Class Idea: Summoner. Harnesses natural command ability and send hordes of <insert pet type here> to rend the flesh of all who stand before you. This class would not be about one strong pet, but rather sending 3-7 weaker pets to disorient the enemy with a barrage of attacks. It would be strong against individual enemies or groups, but susceptible to AoE's. Pet's perhaps could take HP and MP to summon? So it can't be abused. Also, the mage is VERY fragile, and with out it's zerglings it would wither and die quite soon.

GW had it, and it was a blast to play. I think that Rift missed out on this unique archetype that could give mages at least facelift in the utility/variety department.

I really want a stealth type mage that can cast invisibility so I can gank people :3

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Plane Touched

It seems like an interesting idea, but making the zerglings susceptible to aoe damage kills the point of the class, and makes the mage useless. Also to balance them out from the single strong pet, each pet would have to have reduced hp proportionate to how many are summoned, and damage the same. In a pvp setting it would be easy to tab-hit each one and kill them even if they were immune to aoe. The only other solution would make them dispellable, unless they could be based an a resist that is not covered by cures. That would be the only true way to make them immune to being killed off early.

This may sound abit silly, but honestly given how every class but mage can tank, I was a little suprised mage didn't have some kind of shape shifter power to become a giant *** tanking Bear or something >_> Yeah yeah a little Druidish from wow, but shapeshifting wasn't invented by wow Pretty much everything can do what mage can do, save for warrior for doesn't have a "healing" soul. I have a necro build thats Necro/Dom that uses split personaltiy + crypts to spam out like 9 total pets. But of course it is mostly just for silly fun in WF when suddenly I split into 9 things :P
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

+ Reply to Thread