Thread: Archon End-Game

Default Archon End-Game

Anyone have a PvE Archon buff build?
    <Mirage>
    Santoisms - Level 65 Mage
    www.twitch.tv/the_santoisms

In my testing this build is most effective:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z....AResRfiqkrz.V

Anything less than 51 points in archon just results in a headache for the mage. I've paried archon with pyro and chloro and while the chloro build has some uses in 5 mans as a support healer the pyro build seems pretty useless to me. A 51 point Archon build should be able to do similar damage but bring much more to the raid. The main reason 51 points is so big is that it lets you damage each time you apply a debuff to the target, even pillaging stone works on this. And it seems to scale very well too, with no buffs up it was doing 310 damage for me on the boss dummy. It takes a while for the dps to ramp up it seems due to initial buff/debuff applying but once this build gets going it can really crank out some decent numbers with practice. Over a 15 minute parse I was able to get 560 dps with this build.

Anyway just my 2 cents. Good Luck

Plane Walker

Just curious, but how did the chloro build stack up? -- thinking of going 51 archon/chloro when I hit 50, as an alternative to bard, synthesis + life giving veil, with phyto genesis/spore should put you at around bard healing -- with the ability to spike it by tossing out ruin or vile spores, but I've never seen a bard go above 160 dps in a support role -- even if it loses a couple hundred dps, suppose it's awesome either way :O

Main purpose of Archon is support as a dps?
    <Mirage>
    Santoisms - Level 65 Mage
    www.twitch.tv/the_santoisms

Burning Purpose shifts archon to being Support + DPS. Otherwise its buffs are replaceable by other classes...and in some cases better by bards.

However that all changes once you get Burning Purpose, which means everytime you debuff you do Damage. This + Pillaging Stone means it almost hits "twice". Since pillaging stone applies a debuff when it hits, you do a burning purpose hit for bonus damage.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Stupid edit time limit:

If you wanted a build using more in warlock: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ou.AResRfiqkrz
    This is fine I suppose since Neds Torture applies a debuff, meaning burning purpose still triggers, so you aren't wasting anything much.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I run Chloro/Archon support for experts. Very strong support combo until the nerf to Earthen Barrage this morning. That skill WAS a little ridiculous, but why not just add a longer cooldown instead of f*cking the skill completely. Still have good buffs though.

The Chloro is a very good instance off-healer, too. Great PvE combo.
    DUGAN

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    I run Chloro/Archon support for experts. Very strong support combo until the nerf to Earthen Barrage this morning. That skill WAS a little ridiculous, but why not just add a longer cooldown instead of f*cking the skill completely. Still have good buffs though.

The Chloro is a very good instance off-healer, too. Great PvE combo.
    Question for you: Do you notice Strength in Numbers not really working? >_> I was testing it and I swear it only seemed to effect damage by around less than 5%...and thats with 4 auras up, which should be 16% damage.

Power in Numbers, you mean, and I honestly haven't tested it exactly. I don't pay much attention to the damage numbers but the heals from Chloro definitely appear affected strongly by it.

Basically, all i do in experts is tab through each pull and debuff everything. Then, cast Earthen Barrage and Volcanic Bomb. If Flaring Power is up, I use it. If not, I recast Radiant Spores and channel Stream of Reclamation. When the last mob of a pull is at around 25%, I recast my self buffs. Very defensive way to play but the four guys I roll with are very high DPS.

I'm still not 100% comfortable on this build, yet, because I only started playing it at 50 when it became evident that we needed support heals in experts. I'm not saying that's the only way to play and I like the above idea about utilizing the 51 skill for some better damage (if it hits as hard as he says it does). I'll probably start working on a build for that this week. Tough to do much else with 15 extra points though.
    Last edited by dougan; 03-12-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    DUGAN

You are stressed for offtime on heals when chloroarchon. But yes I meant Power in Numbers. Regardless maybe it was silently hotfixed, I will have to test it later today.

+ Reply to Thread