+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Arcon nerf.

Shadowlander

Default Another Arcon nerf.

So earthen barrage has been given an improved duration and cool down. but MAN my 30% crit chance was reduced to 5? why so low? I like the spell the way it was already.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Amharic View Post
    So earthen barrage has been given an improved duration and cool down. but MAN my 30% crit chance was reduced to 5? why so low? I like the spell the way it was already.
    Well the spell now has 100% uptime with a 15 second cooldown.

I personally liked the old spell.
    I don't understand why trion felt the need to change it, it's not like there was a mass outcry against it.
    Last edited by lite; 03-12-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

Maybe they want to see how low they can take mages before no one plays a mage anymore?

I guess after listening to feedback of how underpowered mages are, they thought mages needed more nerfing...

Shadowlander

100% uptime yeah but it's a 15 second recast. most of our spells are 100% uptime at a 5 minute cast time. having to recast this same spell every 15 seconds for it to be beneficial just makes me feel more like a bard. only getting 5% crit chance just like a bard as well... I don't want to play a bard I want to play an archon.

It was nice being able to coordinate a quick burst in high party DPS.

"Okay 30% increase in crit chance, let him have it!"

A support soul shouldn't single-handedly boost the raid's damage in noticeable levels, even for a short duration. Nor should one healer keep a raid alive.

... wait.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnybinny View Post
    A support soul shouldn't single-handedly boost the raid's damage in noticeable levels, even for a short duration. Nor should one healer keep a raid alive.

... wait.
    Well mages can't dps, the least we can do is boos other peoples lol

Quote Originally Posted by Souldrake View Post
    Maybe they want to see how low they can take mages before no one plays a mage anymore?

I guess after listening to feedback of how underpowered mages are, they thought mages needed more nerfing...
    I get the frustration, but comments like this make me think you have no idea what is truly going on.

Personally, I have not played an Archon, but if they are anything like a Bard, then please don't take anything away from this soul =)
    "Removed the obsolete reagent vendor. These were not the items you were looking for." - Trion

So much for removing the one useful role mages had during the Infiltrator fight in Greenscale.

Our mage lead at Trion is a ******.
    Last edited by Comunique; 03-12-2011 at 08:55 AM.

That's so lame... I'm a pryo/archon, and I usually run experts with a bard...so now I have one aura that can't be used AND I don't get a nice buff for mana regen...guess I'll go back to actually using smoldering power again...

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by lite View Post
    Well the spell now has 100% uptime with a 15 second cooldown.

I personally liked the old spell.
    I don't understand why trion felt the need to change it, it's not like there was a mass outcry against it.
    also. 15 second cooldown 15 second duration... but it still has a 2 second cast time. so it's not really 100% uptime. More like 88% uptime.

If it's going to be the way it is now, it needs to be instant cast.
    Last edited by Amharic; 03-12-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Plane Walker

I'm kind of bummed about the nerf, as I was going 51 archon/15chloro/0dom with the mage i'm leveling, but on the other hand.. We still bring plenty to a group that a bard doesn't.

Namely, debuffs and damage -- a source of mana regen for the healer (always nice), but while bards buff, we can take a flat 15% off of a bosses damage, HUGE in experts, just bam. -while- buffing the group)

Burning purpose furthers this notion by adding ~220 damage to every debuff (including stream of reclamation)

Add chloro to the mix -- 15 points buys you synthesis and phytogenesis -- mix a ruin in between spells, pop spores and stream of reclamaition -- you are easily putting out as much healing as a bard (motif of regeneration is about equal to 2 vile spores over 3 seconds, cadence is two seconds of channeling wherein they're not capable of buffing) -- in addition to multiple small heals from your debuffs/buffs.

Iirc the mage lead plays a archon/chloro, I doubt he'd make his own character useless :P

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    I'm kind of bummed about the nerf, as I was going 51 archon/15chloro/0dom with the mage i'm leveling, but on the other hand.. We still bring plenty to a group that a bard doesn't.

Namely, debuffs and damage -- a source of mana regen for the healer (always nice), but while bards buff, we can take a flat 15% off of a bosses damage, HUGE in experts, just bam. -while- buffing the group)

Burning purpose furthers this notion by adding ~220 damage to every debuff (including stream of reclamation)

Add chloro to the mix -- 15 points buys you synthesis and phytogenesis -- mix a ruin in between spells, pop spores and stream of reclamaition -- you are easily putting out as much healing as a bard (motif of regeneration is about equal to 2 vile spores over 3 seconds, cadence is two seconds of channeling wherein they're not capable of buffing) -- in addition to multiple small heals from your debuffs/buffs.

Iirc the mage lead plays a archon/chloro, I doubt he'd make his own character useless :P
    well if he plays an Archon/Chloro like me, then he needs to stop nerfing himself too.

Rift Disciple

The reason for the change was because raid stacking could get 100% uptime on this and a 30% raid damage increase with 3-4 archons in it is really insane.

Shadowlander

So make it like bloodlust (or whatever that shaman spell was called) in WoW and have a fatigue timer so that you can't be affected by it too often.

Champion

Its going to be mage class genocide after the free 30 days is up if this **** continues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast