+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: All mages are worthless in pvp

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default All mages are worthless in pvp

    Mages have cloth = very weak, but then we should have good damage, but we don't.

    Mages got least damage in PvP, and long cast times and no finnishers at all!!!!

    Mages should not focus on healing in PvP that is what we got clerics for.

    Mages do 20% of the damage a ranger dose in PvP or in PvE and we run slow and can't move same time doing that poor damage.

    Mages got long cast time, and must stand still doing the cast and the damage is soo poor I lol at it compared to a melee or rnage attack from a lether/plate class,.

    Mages are total worthless in PvP. ( Iam happy if I can land a nuke for 140 damage before a melee class or a range interupted me with 1500 damage attack!!! same level!)

    Mages got no finnishers but we got charge and we cant use that charge to nuke out damage!

    Me and my friends have compared damage and kill times on single mobs in PvE and it's crazy how far behind Mages are in DPS!!!

    Mage class is a total fiasko in RIFT and should be remade from start!

    Playing a MAGE (any combo of the 8) is a total waste of money if anyone consider playing a mage in RIFT!

    Soo If you planing to buy this game and play a mage class you will be very dissapointed. Iam thinking to reroll as ranger (every one playing ranger or warriors soon) or even more just leave this game in hate and ager how bad the mage class is inplemented in RIFT!

    (Now all leather and warriors will flame me cos they don't want to loose the easy kills they got now.)

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    You can't just take your PVE roles into a PVP environment and expect to succeed. Make an actually pvp build.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    616

    Default

    lol @ mages doing 140 damage and not being able to get spells off


    As a warrior the thing I hate most is mages. CC immune, CC break/teleport, squirrel, snare, high burst. Insanely hard to 1v1 a good mage.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post
    You can't just take your PVE roles into a PVP environment and expect to succeed. Make an actually pvp build.
    I never said I did.

    Still there is nothing thats is even close to leather or plate DPS and still we are using cloth.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser NerfedWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post
    You can't just take your PVE roles into a PVP environment and expect to succeed. Make an actually pvp build.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    lol @ mages doing 140 damage and not being able to get spells off


    As a warrior the thing I hate most is mages. CC immune, CC break/teleport, squirrel, snare, high burst. Insanely hard to 1v1 a good mage.
    very good mages can do well (they still have their nemesis builds that destroy them). The problem is as you described:
    1v1 vs a 'good' mage sporting the one or two PVP builds can be difficult, whereas a newbie warrior in 'most' builds can roll-over any moderately skilled mage with ease and even destroy good/great mages if they are not in one of those few PVP builds.

    mages have cast times on spells that do significantly less damage than other classes can dish out with instant/non-cooldown ranged abilities. mages need to be looked at.

    but then... only scrubs like me choose to play the mage, all the good players choose warrior and that explains why the warriors do so well and mages suck, nothing to do with the actual soul abilities/mechanics, all down to player skill or lack thereof...

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olderthen30 View Post
    Mages have cloth = very weak, but then we should have good damage, but we don't.

    Mages got least damage in PvP, and long cast times and no finnishers at all!!!!

    Mages should not focus on healing in PvP that is what we got clerics for.

    Mages do 20% of the damage a ranger dose in PvP or in PvE and we run slow and can't move same time doing that poor damage.

    Mages got long cast time, and must stand still doing the cast and the damage is soo poor I lol at it compared to a melee or rnage attack from a lether/plate class,.

    Mages are total worthless in PvP. ( Iam happy if I can land a nuke for 140 damage before a melee class or a range interupted me with 1500 damage attack!!! same level!)

    Mages got no finnishers but we got charge and we cant use that charge to nuke out damage!

    Me and my friends have compared damage and kill times on single mobs in PvE and it's crazy how far behind Mages are in DPS!!!

    Mage class is a total fiasko in RIFT and should be remade from start!

    Playing a MAGE (any combo of the 8) is a total waste of money if anyone consider playing a mage in RIFT!

    Soo If you planing to buy this game and play a mage class you will be very dissapointed. Iam thinking to reroll as ranger (every one playing ranger or warriors soon) or even more just leave this game in hate and ager how bad the mage class is inplemented in RIFT!

    (Now all leather and warriors will flame me cos they don't want to loose the easy kills they got now.)

    So true..
    I just started disliking this game, as i wasted my time and now i am ended up with a shi.t class..
    Other classes lower then me does critical of at least 1000damage, and the highest i got was 550 something..

    This game sucks..

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    To OP what you state has pretty much been covered by the community over the past few weeks. Trion has said they are going to look into issues.

    We need to start posting ideas of how to bring about positive changes. I for one am not going to download anything to parse damage, but I am pretty sure anyone going out with a mage will see the troubles with damage and survivability pretty quickly.

    I just came out of a PVP warfront...it was all rogues a few warriors. The other side seemed to have rogues and healers...They destroyed us.

    One thing I was thinking about with the HP imbalance, maybe our damage shields should do at least 100 a click or more. 25 on a damage shield is nothing to other players. Whatever the damage is it has to hurt the other players.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker Lazerah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thought this was funny as hell, I go in as Necro/lock and no matter my level I dominate, within the top 5 damage, normally least deaths, most caps, and most favour earned, most mages suck, which makes it way more fun for me when I destroy people.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I honestly don't get why so many mages are crying.


    I'm currently a 37 mage, w. a pyro/Warlock build. It's a pve/lvl'ing specc but i tend to use it in PVP aswell, and i do just fine.

    Naturally i can get my behind whooped if a melee comes close, but thats what movement/CC is for.
    Can a Sab get his massive crits of on me? Sure he can. Can i prevent them from stacking their charges before it happens? Sure i can.


    All in all i honestly think there's a rather good synergy between the different archetypes. And if i had to point out points that could use some tweaking, it would be Mage soul synergy/CC options.

    Damage wise i haven't experienced anything that would suggest the mage class being sucky.
    I can't get a Sabs 1.5k+ crits, but i can get ~1k CBs combined with a load of other stuff going of at nearly the same time while still handing out various debuffs.

    I got a feeling that people who play mages in pvp and claim we suck, don't utilize their character's full arsenal of tools.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    44 points in pyro = own everyone in PvP, but i agree every other mage soul is useless.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I don't mean to be offensive, but I really am starting to think some of the people posting how great they are, are lying.

    Equal level rogue has 1700 hps...my spells do 100 damage on average...17 hits to kill the rogue? I don't care how go you say you are, you aren't killing that person when they hit you for 450 and you have 800 to 1100 hps.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desferous View Post
    I don't mean to be offensive, but I really am starting to think some of the people posting how great they are, are lying.

    Equal level rogue has 1700 hps...my spells do 100 damage on average...17 hits to kill the rogue? I don't care how go you say you are, you aren't killing that person when they hit you for 450 and you have 800 to 1100 hps.
    I agree totally, the game is all about rogues and warriors, the other 2 classes might as well not even been made ;(

  13. #13
    Soulwalker Raiden Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Those mage PvP problems look like a copy/paste from WoW forums of a few years back.

    Not saying they're right or wrong. Just familiar.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Guys I m sorry for you but all those who think mages are useless in PVP are either noobs or never played as mages in other MMO s. I own in warfronts and can handle a warrior / rogue with ease.....please learn how to play before starting stupid threads

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfedWar View Post
    very good mages can do well (they still have their nemesis builds that destroy them). The problem is as you described:
    1v1 vs a 'good' mage sporting the one or two PVP builds can be difficult, whereas a newbie warrior in 'most' builds can roll-over any moderately skilled mage with ease and even destroy good/great mages if they are not in one of those few PVP builds.

    mages have cast times on spells that do significantly less damage than other classes can dish out with instant/non-cooldown ranged abilities. mages need to be looked at.

    but then... only scrubs like me choose to play the mage, all the good players choose warrior and that explains why the warriors do so well and mages suck, nothing to do with the actual soul abilities/mechanics, all down to player skill or lack thereof...
    Pull your head out of your ***. You think warriors have more than 2-3 good PvP specs? Majority of them are complete jokes, can't kill anything due to lack of CC so you get kited all day. Riftblade is good at lower levels, Champion/Paragon at higher levels, almost everything else is worthless and completely dependent on their team. Tanks? Useless without healers. AOE specs? Useless if the enemy team has one healer/bard. Paragon/beastmaster main? No CC. Void Knight? You want to empty HP bars, not 1 or 2 MP bars per minute.


    There's no other class equal to my level that can hit me for 500-1000 damage noncrit consistently. While you're often squirrel'd or unable to CC them anyway. You have no clue what you're talking about. Try playing a warrior and doing well in PvP without using riftblade/champion. Though champions are still useless for 30 levels if they don't have a pocket healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts